Is My Diet and Routine Right?

Can i please get some advice on anything i may not be doing right, or enough of?

So usually this is how my eating goes.

6-7 AM: 1/2cup oats, 2 scoops of protein, and a banana. Its all blended into a pretty good shake.

10 AM: Rice/baked potato and fish/ground turkey/ canned chicken. Or if im in a rush ill just grab a granola bar.

12:20 am: school lunch.

3:30 pm: 5g creatine, 50g protein, 5g glutamine, 1 scoop of no sugar added natural chocolate milk mix for the insulin spike. in a shake mixed with water.

4:00 pm: do work

after doing work: same shake i had pre workout but no creatine.

2-3 hours after the last shake: ill have something like eggs/ and some kind of lean meat.

and right before bed ill have some cc. But we always run out so its usually 1 scoop of whey and off to bed.

and my workout is

Monday - Shoulders and Triceps
Seated Dumbbell Press
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Reverse Fly
Dumbbell Shrugs
Close Grip Bench
Dumbbell Kickbacks
Overhead Rope Extension
Narrow Grip Pushups

Tuesday - Back
Reverse Grip Bent Over Row
Wide Grip Pull Down
1 Arm Cable Row
Hyper Extensions

WEDNESDAY - REST DAY

Thursday - Chest and Biceps
Incline Dumbbell Press
Pec Dec
Dumbbell Flys
Push Ups
Exercise
Dumbbell Curl
Bar Curl
Dumbbell Reverse Curl
Rope Curl

Friday - Legs and Calves
Squats
Wall Squat
Leg Extension
Hamstrings
Leg Curls
Straight Leg Deadlifts
Seated Calf Raise
Standing Calf Raise

sat and sun off

mostly 3-4 sets. with 10-12 reps

and i do 20min of cardio before i get started with weight training, and 20 min after im done with weight training.

we need stats height, weight, bodyfat if you know it?

im 18, 6’2, and 280. bf i have no idea.

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
we need stats height, weight, bodyfat if you know it?[/quote]

im 18, 6’2, and 280. bf i have no idea.

You’re diet is fine; all of your food choices are great.

Ask this question any time in evaluating your routine: “Am I getting results?”

[quote]xCerealKillerx wrote:
Spencerulz wrote:
we need stats height, weight, bodyfat if you know it?

im 18, 6’2, and 280. bf i have no idea. [/quote]

well provided u don’t have a lot of fat on you… id say your doing everything right.

hmmm i wounder why its not going away. Maybe im just not getting results as fast as id like.

I’m assuming you’re trying to lose weight?

A granola bar isn’t a good meal choice, it’s high in just carbs.

PWO you should be getting some carbs in, even if your drink is low carb get some carbs in the next meal.

Think you should look at your total calories and look at your macros.

Workout seems very biased towards upper body. Your pushing to pulling ratio looks horrible.

If you want faster results add in some GPP or interval training.

I think you need some bigger exercises in a better arrangment. I don’t think your diet is all that far off. On Monday do one of your bigger or lagging body parts. Get off the three or 4 sets of 10-12reps and start packing on some weight and variety to your reps and sets scheme. Again week after week and you do 3 sets of 10-12 progress is going to be slow. You need some sort of bench mark where are you trying to go? And what tools are you using to asses your progress.

on monday i did my chest/bi’s. Which i think i lack most.

If I get off the three or 4 sets of 10-12reps, what would you recommend?

As for a benchmark I want to ultamitly get down to 200 pounds. But ill be really happy with 230, so id say that is my benchmark.

and im taking green tea pills, fish oils, creatine, glutamine, whey. I was taking a multi V but fpr sp,ereason when i take it i get a massive headache.

I’ve recommended this many times simple. BFS week 1 3 sets 10,8,6 week2 3x3 week3 5x5 week4 5,4,3,2,1 and back to 10,8,6 the idea is to drive up your total on the 10,8,6 and to max on the 5,4,3,2,1 that would be on your primary exercise. Your secondary pic one or two more exercises do the 3 or 4 sets of any where from 8-12, and do your last exercise 2 sets as many reps as you can! eX. Bench primary, incline secondary, and a dumbell fly or neutral grip db flat press last. I have had tremendous success with this routine and with my clients as well.