Is Milk That Bad?

I just really wanted to know what was wrong with milk. I mean is raw whole milk really that bad for you. I know alot of the authors on T-Nation are strongly against it. I just wanted to know why. I am asking this after reading some of Arnolds book where he was recommending drinking whole milk with every meal. I just wanted to know if this is really a bad idea?

[quote]Lowery38595 wrote:
I just really wanted to know what was wrong with milk. I mean is raw whole milk really that bad for you. I know alot of the authors on T-Nation are strongly against it. I just wanted to know why. I am asking this after reading some of Arnolds book where he was recommending drinking whole milk with every meal. I just wanted to know if this is really a bad idea?[/quote]

Milk is great. Stop believing EVERYTHING you read on this website.

I love milk. When i was a real skinny and poor young lad, one of my favourite bulking drings was 1 litre of milk, 1 banana, 6 egg whites, i tbsp of E.V.olive oil.

I still go through gallons of the stuff today, either 1% or 0%.

Per 1litre it is around 35g protein, 50g carbo, 10% fat… read the back of your gainer and see if it is mch different! Love it, AND if you eat the cow… well, 360 degree bodybuilders nutrition!!

I think that depends on the person. If you a fat fuck who is 1 trip to dunk’n’donuts away from being a full fledged diabetic then milk isnt for you.

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
I think that depends on the person. If you a fat fuck who is 1 trip to dunk’n’donuts away from being a full fledged diabetic then milk isnt for you.[/quote]

If that even needs to be mentioned on a bodybuilding website, then we might as well shut this place down.

Who is against milk? WTF is going on here?

!!!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Lowery38595 wrote:
I just really wanted to know what was wrong with milk. I mean is raw whole milk really that bad for you. I know alot of the authors on T-Nation are strongly against it. I just wanted to know why. I am asking this after reading some of Arnolds book where he was recommending drinking whole milk with every meal. I just wanted to know if this is really a bad idea?

Milk is great. Stop believing EVERYTHING you read on this website.[/quote]

I second that opinion… let me put it this way… the crap they call milk in the stores is absolutely second rate when compared to a source of raw whole milk (from pasture fed cows) provided you have a good source that maintains good sanitary measures. Be your own judge and decide for yourself… Dont just take my word for it!

Heres a couple reasons why raw milk is good for ya !

Fresh raw milk from healthy animals contains many beneficial nutrients that can be very nourishing and healing. Complete protein, lactoferrin, various digestive enzymes, immunoglobulins (antibodies), conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), and beneficial lactobacillus bacteria are just a few of the valuable nutrients that milk, in its natural form, supplies. . . .

This is gross misinterpretation of what some of us have been saying.

Milk is one of the foods that is the most allergenic or to which the most peoples are intolerant too. Eating (or drinking in that case) a food to which you have even a mild allergy or intolerance will put a stress on your body thus will lead to cortisol increases.

So what I’m saying is that if you are even slightly intolerant or allergic to milk, then don’t drink it.

It also causes a pretty important spike in insulin. So if you are trying to lose a lot of fat (especially if you are on a low-carbs diet) milk should be avoided.

If you are on a low-carbs/ketogenic diet, milk should be avoided simply due to its high carbs content.

But if you are not allergic or intolerant to milk, and if you are in a muscle gaining phase it is acceptable to drink it. Especially if you have problems getting all your calories/nutrients in.

And I only drink raw milk… I dont even consider milk from the grocery store “milk”, to me thats a f–king imposter. I drink the REAL deal and their is no comparision tastewise either… the rich texture and full-bodied flavor just cant be beat.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
But if you are not allergic or intolerant to milk, and if you are in a muscle gaining phase it is acceptable to drink it. Especially if you have problems getting all your calories/nutrients in.[/quote]

Or are on a low budget. If I drink too much milk (over 2L), I get stomach discomfort, but I’d never let that stop me from getting more cheap caloires if I was an ecto. I generally don’t drink a lot of milk anyway, purely because I don’t need to.

I think a lot of people are pulling what’s been said out of context though.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Himora22 wrote:
I think that depends on the person. If you a fat fuck who is 1 trip to dunk’n’donuts away from being a full fledged diabetic then milk isnt for you.

If that even needs to be mentioned on a bodybuilding website, then we might as well shut this place down.

[/quote]

LoL, Im sure there are ppl here that this needs to be said to…their out there

i always find that dairy products, except whey protein, cause me digestive problems, bloating, and i always feel tired afterwards. I always stay away from dairy if im trying to lean up, even if i can afford the carbs and calories.

Now the question I got for ya is this : Is it pastuerized dairy products or more natural raw dairy that causes you problems… I can speak for myself that my body had problems in my teen years with pastuerized milk but I absolutely adore raw milk and my body agrees:)

Where the hell do you get raw milk from? Do you live on a farm in the middle of Kansas or something?

EDIT: I just realized you’re actually from kansas, so I guess that answers the question.

[quote]bw1985 wrote:
Where the hell do you get raw milk from? Do you live on a farm in the middle of Kansas or something?

EDIT: I just realized you’re actually from kansas, so I guess that answers the question.[/quote]

LOL.

[quote]bw1985 wrote:

EDIT: I just realized you’re actually from kansas, so I guess that answers the question.[/quote]

Definitely got a laugh out of that.

However, I’d like to know too. I’m real interesting in this raw whole milk liquid wonder that you speak so highly of. I live in Orlando. What are the chances of me being able to obtain the milk?

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
This is gross misinterpretation of what some of us have been saying.

Milk is one of the foods that is the most allergenic or to which the most peoples are intolerant too. Eating (or drinking in that case) a food to which you have even a mild allergy or intolerance will put a stress on your body thus will lead to cortisol increases.

So what I’m saying is that if you are even slightly intolerant or allergic to milk, then don’t drink it.

It also causes a pretty important spike in insulin. So if you are trying to lose a lot of fat (especially if you are on a low-carbs diet) milk should be avoided.

If you are on a low-carbs/ketogenic diet, milk should be avoided simply due to its high carbs content.

But if you are not allergic or intolerant to milk, and if you are in a muscle gaining phase it is acceptable to drink it. Especially if you have problems getting all your calories/nutrients in.[/quote]

I’m lactose intolerant. While I don’t drink now as much as I used to, I am VERY glad I did especially during periods when my finances were tight and I couldn’t afford much else.

I think some of you take a very extreme stance when it comes to nutrition. The human body is not that fragile.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:

However, I’d like to know too. I’m real interesting in this raw whole milk liquid wonder that you speak so highly of. I live in Orlando. What are the chances of me being able to obtain the milk?[/quote]

Look here: http://www.realmilk.com/where.html

[quote]Number6 wrote:

[/quote]

Thanks bro. It seems that there was a couple that sold real milk in my hometown of Spring Hill, but they moved. Gonna have to determine what location listed is closest to me and see if it’s worth the travel and etc. Thanks again.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
Number6 wrote:

Thanks bro. It seems that there was a couple that sold real milk in my hometown of Spring Hill, but they moved. Gonna have to determine what location listed is closest to me and see if it’s worth the travel and etc. Thanks again.[/quote]

No problem. Glad to help.