T Nation

Is Liddell More or Less Done?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
A buddy of mine told me he ran into Liddell in Ibiza. Said he was cool as shit. Also said he goes hard when he parties. Really hard.[/quote]

Well, the seasons just about kicking off in Ibiza so whi knows - chuck may well be out their dancing on a podium to sasha!

On a side note, regardless of who wins what who trains who etc etc - shogun will have that belt in a short time imo.

If the rumours are true.

Chuck is running around being Dana White’s poster boy for UFC. Note all the press and appearances coincided with the merger of UFC and Pride. Whether or not his “celebrity” schedule messed with his training, who knows? The man got caught right on the chin, and Rampage took full advantage.

Believe it or not, I think this was the best scenario for the UFC. The light heavyweight division is now wide open, and Dana is creaming his pants over all the great fights he has coming on pay per view.

[quote]animalmj wrote:
Chuck is running around being Dana White’s poster boy for UFC. Note all the press and appearances coincided with the merger of UFC and Pride. Whether or not his “celebrity” schedule messed with his training, who knows? The man got caught right on the chin, and Rampage took full advantage.

Believe it or not, I think this was the best scenario for the UFC. The light heavyweight division is now wide open, and Dana is creaming his pants over all the great fights he has coming on pay per view.[/quote]

Next time you see Dana on screen, look closely, he has dollar signs in his eye balls… no joke

It’s a WRRRAAAPP

UFC is growing in popularity. Meaning more people, more athletes getting into the sport. Most of which trained watching him wanting to beat him, and seeing his strengths and weakness’s.

He’s addicted to the party life now, which he needs to get the most of before he is a has been. Only problem is he is at the age where taking care of yourself is more important than ever.

So yeah its only one fight. But thats what Roy Jones said, Mike Tyson, Holyfield and others. When your a champion even after a loss you can’t go back to developing your skill fighting nobodies. You have to fight #1 contenders, never giving you a chance for a proper development.

I think he is done dominating the UFC LHW division. He can still have good fights. With former Pride coming to the division it will just get tougher. Especially guys with as good or better skill sets than Chuck.
While Chuck got caught I don’t think it was an accident. Rampage does everything that Chuck does but better and is younger.

Chucks been in the game for a long time. Good for him that he can go out and party now. It wasnt too long ago UFC fighters did it on the side while working full time jobs. Let the glory for the fighter rise.

On another note, the attention is also bringing cocky kids to our school that just want to “win”…