Is King Kamali a Good Competitor?

hey I was wondering what do you all think of king Kamali??? I’m new to the sport of bodybuilding when it comes to competitors and stuff so I just thought I’d ask. No one ever seems to talk about him much on here which is weird seeing as he’s a pretty big guy. Also, has anyone ever met him before?? I heard he’s a dick.

Um,

Are you going off information from a Muscle Mag dated June 2003 ?

The King isn’t really a name in the sport anymore.

More specifically, his best placing in a big show was 4th at the Arnold in 2001. Now he is a 10th place to DNP guy at the mid level shows.

Decent poser.

Mouth wrote checks his body couldnt cash.

And most interesting, when he first went pro, he was competing at 255-260, but the last 2-3 years he comes in 235-240.

pic?

When the guy first came on the scene, he mouthed off a lot. At the time, he was an ‘okay’ BBer, but nothing great (no one would really have cared if he didn’t constantly argue with Craig Titus in all of the magazines). He somehow got himself a contract with Musclemag, and only readers of that particular magazine even seem to know who he is these days. No one else really cares though.

S

Ditto - he was “up and coming” about 8 years ago, but he’s more or less disappeared from the scene at this point.

Big mouth, obnoxious attitude, got really fat in the off-season…

Personally, I thought the guy looked his best during his NPC days - he really fucked up his symmetry and wrecked the lines he had after turning pro.

I can’t stand the guy.
Musclemag keeps him employed with his own column, but his advice seems lame most of the time with all the superlatives and posturing.

He did an appearance at the first gym I ever went to, it was a couple years ago now, and I remember people talking about how washed up he was back then.

He had monstrous hamstrings but he seemed like a loudmouth to be as well.

His shape just sucked.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
His shape just sucked.
[/quote]

I’ll definitely agree that it does now CC, but this guy used to look pretty good.

Nice symmetry, small waist and totally rock hard, peeled-to-the-bone condition. And then he got his pro card and things went downhill from there.

I don’t know what the hell happened to this guy, but his physique just went to total shit - wide as hell waist, which made his chest, shoulders and arms start looking small, and his conditioning has been horrific at every show for years…just looks sloppy and blocky as a fire hydrant…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
His shape just sucked.

I’ll definitely agree that it does now CC, but this guy used to look pretty good.

Nice symmetry, small waist and totally rock hard, peeled-to-the-bone condition. And then he got his pro card and things went downhill from there.

I don’t know what the hell happened to this guy, but his physique just went to total shit - wide as hell waist, which made his chest, shoulders and arms start looking small, and his conditioning has been horrific at every show for years…just looks sloppy and blocky as a fire hydrant…[/quote]

I’ve actually never seen his pre-pro-card shape, just made my post based on what he looked like as a Pro, you’re right…

Well, similar things have happened to other guys… I think it was Mike Francois, for example (not sure if it actually was him, but basically the guy looked great until he suddenly made himself look pregnant).

Some comparison shots.

NPC (1999)

NPC.

Looking good - nice conditioning, small waist, popping delts, nicely shaped arms…

NPC - Still looking great - nice lines, good shape…

And then, there’s this unfortunate business…

IFBB.

OOOOfffff…not looking so hot now - blocky, big waist, sub-par conditioning…

wow, forgot that he actually looked good way back… damn shame.

S

I don’t know if it’s just the pics but to me it looks like he made big improvements on his back+traps in the after pics, but yeah his waist looks bigger too.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
OOOOfffff…not looking so hot now - blocky, big waist, sub-par conditioning…

[/quote]

Ouch.

I honestly want to believe you went out and found the worst possible picture of the guy ever. Lol, but I’m sure it wasn’t too hard to find.