Is It Working or Just a Good Day?

I did a 410 squat yesterday. I’ve done them before and I’ve put up 430 before, but yesterday I thought the damn thing would fly thru the roof. When I put it on my back I had to check and make sure I had 410 on my back and not 315.

Later, a 430 deadlift went up easy too. I’m not bragging as I realize these aren’t great numbers for anyone but me. But, I was amazed at how easy it was.

For 4 weeks now I have been doing an Eddie Coan Squat routine which includes some medium heavy pause sqauts. No more stuck at the bottom and once get outta the hole I feel like I could jump squat the rest.

Anyway, just a good day or could I finally be busting past a plateau?

[quote]btm62 wrote:
I did a 410 squat yesterday. I’ve done them before and I’ve put up 430 before, but yesterday I thought the damn thing would fly thru the roof. When I put it on my back I had to check and make sure I had 410 on my back and not 315.

Later, a 430 deadlift went up easy too. I’m not bragging as I realize these aren’t great numbers for anyone but me. But, I was amazed at how easy it was.

For 4 weeks now I have been doing an Eddie Coan Squat routine which includes some medium heavy pause sqauts. No more stuck at the bottom and once get outta the hole I feel like I could jump squat the rest.

Anyway, just a good day or could I finally be busting past a plateau?[/quote]

Sounds like you’re making headway to me. don’t worry about the numbers, It’s not a PL comp. Shit I can’t SQ 400. I can DL 400 but that’s about it. the weird thing is I never, ever bench yet I can somehow bench 300. weird.

any how seems like the prog is working to me.

-chris

yeah man, ive done the ed coan routine before, its good shit. stick with it.

No telling from one w/o but what matters is it did feel easy so well you have the ability to make those loads feel easy. Gain confidence etc.

Now its about being consistant.

Great work,
Phill

Sometimes the best gains on a program come after you are done, take a short break, then train again. Especially if it was a specialization program.

But, that being said, I think you’re making progress. Keep pushing it and then see how it goes after you take a week off after the program…you’ll be quite happy if you put in the hard work during the program.

[quote]btm62 wrote:

Anyway, just a good day or could I finally be busting past a plateau?[/quote]

Those are great numbers in my book.

Anyway, congrats. And it looks like your making progress.