Is It Time to Cut?

[quote]Stiddy wrote:
As promissed. Here is my routine. I am sure that it is not the greatest.

• Mon and Thurs
    Chest and Upper Back
    CHEST
    Bench Press
    Incline Bench
    Decline Bench
    Flys - Cabled
    Flys - Dumbbells
    Pullovers

BACK
Bend over barbell rows
Cable Rows
Lat pull-downs

POWER TRAINING (10, 6, 4 reps to failure)
Dead lifts

ABS
Crunches 5 sets x 25 reps
Side Bends 3 sets x 15 reps (Holding one 50pound dumbell)

• Tues/Friday
    Shoulders and upper arms
    SHOULDERS
    Dumbbell Lateral Raises
    Shrugs
    Barbell Clean & Press
    Military Press

ARMS
Standing Barbell Curls
Alternating Standing Dumbbell Curls
Seated Concentrated Curls
Reverse Bench Press (This is awesome to add weight to your overall bench press. Best tricep exercise I know. One can add 25-50 in 8 weeks just by doing these with correct form. If interested I will explain more.)
Standing Triceps Extension
Dumbbell Curl Burnout

Heavy Upright Rows
Push Presses

ABS
Reverse Crunches 5 sets x 25 reps
Side Bends 3 sets x 15 reps (Holding one 50pds)

• Weds and Sat(I dont always make it on SAT)
    Legs and Lower Back

LEGS
Squats
Lunges
Leg Press
Standing Calf Raises
Leg Ext.

LOWER BACK
Roman Chair 3 sets x 25 reps

Straight Leg Dead Lifts
Good Mornings

ABS
Crunches 5 sets x 25 reps
Side Bends 3 sets x 15 reps (Holding one 50pds)

NOTE: I use all free weights except for the cabled flys, lat pull downs, and cable row. Free weights are the way to go to build size in my opinion and other post I have read.
[/quote]

you can not possibly maintain this type of volume and expect any gains-(ie…strength or lose body fat) with 2000-2200 cals. That is barely maint. cals for a 220-230lber sleeping. Your body will store fat. Your body will not recover sufficiently. Your body will not grow. You will slowly move backwards.

I’m telling ya. You need more quality fats. Your T-level will drop fast with this low of cals and that much work. And that doesn’t include what you may do for cardio or even what type of activity your job has. Above I have given you–I think–a good quality macro breakdown for your body given your goals.

That is a heavy, heavy routine… Maybe I should’ve tried it when I started bulking, I may experienced some of those gains… well, it looks like everybody has given you some good advice. Good luck.

I’d pay attention to Sasquatch. As a beginner, because the weight you lift starts out low for various reasons, you can get away with a lot.

As you progress, and actually start to perform more work, you’ll have to pay more attention to calories and workload and so on.

I also have no problem believing amazing gains for some initial work. Pure coordination and so on will provide very good gains for the first several weeks as your body ‘learns’ the movements.

Just realize that being a ‘beginner’ is a special time and all the rules get thrown out the window for a short period of time.

First its funny that people called BS on your lifting numbers… I think they missed the part where you a decent amount over 200lbs

You allready have made a good deal of progress to your goal. I mean droppin 9% body fat is basicly cutting. i would just start counting calories and keep eating clean. If you have a good idea of how much your taking in it gives you much more control over what happens with your body.

Also like mentioned as the weights your lifting get heavier and you pass your “newbie” grace period your going to have to change your training. Best to get started reading and educate yourself now so you have an idea of what to do when progress stops in the weight room.

[quote]Stiddy wrote:
1 hole banana[/quote]

how does this compare to .9 banana?

sasquatch,

Thanks for all of your suggestions. As mentioned earlier or maybe a little later in this post, I eat and eat and drink the whey protein and can only seem to take in 2500 calories max. Should I begin to take a weight gainer supplement. I am not that active in my current job, sit at a desk for 8-10 hours a day and drive a total of 1 1/2 hours to and from work. So as you can see, a lot of sitting around throughout the day. So, I think as a result my body doesnt burn enough food because of the lack of physical movement. I guess that is why I am so full most of the time, especially trying to eat every 2-3 hours.

Maybe, I should eat more ‘hole’ bananas…HAHA, ya’ll def got me there…

[quote]Stiddy wrote:
sasquatch,

Thanks for all of your suggestions. As mentioned earlier or maybe a little later in this post, I eat and eat and drink the whey protein and can only seem to take in 2500 calories max. Should I begin to take a weight gainer supplement. I am not that active in my current job, sit at a desk for 8-10 hours a day and drive a total of 1 1/2 hours to and from work. So as you can see, a lot of sitting around throughout the day. So, I think as a result my body doesnt burn enough food because of the lack of physical movement. I guess that is why I am so full most of the time, especially trying to eat every 2-3 hours.

Maybe, I should eat more ‘hole’ bananas…HAHA, ya’ll def got me there…[/quote]

If you just added 1-2 tbspn. of olive oile to your 3 shakes a day you would add 300-600cals right there and be much better off for it.

Snacking on almonds. Peanut butter. Whole milk. All little ways to add quality cals. to your diet. I mean a handful of almonds and an ounce of beef jerky might add like 250 cals and it is all good fats and protein.

In all honesty, nobody ‘trying’ to eat could possibly be full or incapable of eating more than 2200-2500cals. You have to decide what’s important.

But my best guess from where you are now to further cut bodyfat, yet maintainlbm and energy for working out,
is to eat plenty of fats and protein and really watch the carbs. No late night carbs. No processed carbs. Carb cycling.

Thanks for everyones input. Just to update I have decided I have made good gains and it is time to cut down some body fat as decribed in this tread. Started the Waterbury 10x3 routine yesterday. I have to say that it was nice to finish earlier in the gym. I am a little concerned about the weight used, but it was only day one. It seemed to easy but I was sweating my ass off. I went ahead and sat in the sauna for 20 minutes and really soaked it up. Today I am suppose to jump rope for 10 minutes. I have to say it will be wierd not lifting for I am used to lifting Mon-Fri. I just hope I can last 10 min jumping rope. LOL. BTW, I am follwing your advice Sasquash, sorry I am sure I spelled that wrong, and started the T-Dawg 2.0 diet(Carb Cycling type diet). Gonna be hard though. When I look through my food logs over the past month I average about 200-300 grams of carbs daily but I am gonna give it a go.