T Nation

Is It Possible to Get T Prescribed?

Hey Guys,

I know i've posted my situation before, but my insurance recently stopped covering my visits to my doctor. So i'm paying $70/wk to visit. I asked him if he could prescribe me, and he said no he could lose his license if he did that...Do you guys have prescriptions or have to go in for injections? I'm trying to find someone in the KC area that would treat me and know what they are doing...

One of the seven stickies is “finding a TRT doc”

Also: https://www.google.com/search?q="kc"+"kansas+city"+"t-nation"#q="kc"+"kansas+city"+"t-nation"+"doctor"

Your out-of-pocket costs fit your budget? How much is quality of life worth.

Thanks KSMan. Yeah it does fit my budget, but the doctor isn’t the best, hes just blindly giving me 300mg/wk and i have to take an hour out of my day per week to go see him. He doesn’t do tests and won’t prescribe HCG. he charges $200 per HCG bottle. I would pay that amount if i could inject at home. I will give your guy a call today. Could you tell me if i would have to go in weekly to see him in leawood as well?

If that doesn’t work, try using this link:

http://www.a4m.com/directory.html#directory_search_form

Cross reference to see which Dr’s are in your network, then call their offices, indicate that you’re currently getting TRT injections and wanted to see if that Dr will allow you to self inject.

I just talked to your guy KSMan, would you recommend him? Its not cheap, but after the initial cost, I could inject at home. it sounds like 1500 initial then about 200 with medication to inject at home.

Do you have low T levels to warrant a prescription?

And yeah, its very normal for T to be prescribed. Lots of prescription drugs are desired on the black market.

If you have low T, what would be his problem? I never even asked for it and my urologist suggested its the direction he wants to head based upon my T levels.

If you are in the US and live close to Mexico, you can buy it (like any prescription drug) as over the counter. The only risk is bringing it back to the US without a prescription, you could potentially have it seized or be fined from what I understand.

[quote]ULCajun wrote:
Thanks KSMan. Yeah it does fit my budget, but the doctor isn’t the best, hes just blindly giving me 300mg/wk and i have to take an hour out of my day per week to go see him.
[/quote]

This is THREE TIMES the clinical starting dose for T, 100 mg per week. This is terrible practice and can be harmful over time. I would even say this can be malpractice.

Not only that, he is treating you like a child considering he can’t treat you like a big boy who can give himself injections.

[quote]

He doesn’t do tests … [/quote]

This guy seems nuts! So he will prescribe you possibly abusive amounts of medicine but won’t test for its value in your body when that is supposed to be done no matter what the prescribed amount is.

[quote]
and won’t prescribe HCG. he charges $200 per HCG bottle.[/quote] If I remember correctly, APP HCG, which I purchase from Freedom Fertility is 80 bucks per vial without insurance. With insurance I have paid fifteen bucks for four vials.

Some docs are pain in the ass with prescribing HCG, clomid, and AI’s, which shows they have no idea what the hell they are doing with TRT!

[quote]
I would pay that amount if i could inject at home. I will give your guy a call today. Could you tell me if i would have to go in weekly to see him in leawood as well?[/quote]

Like I said, docs who make you see them once per week for injections are treating you like a child. And it’s damn irresponsible to make someone take the time and money out for such frequent visits, not to mention huge inconveniences in grown adults’ schedules. Visit some guy for an injection that likely takes two minutes in preparation at most, and less than half a minute to be done? Hysterical!

[quote]Saskman84 wrote:

And yeah, its very normal for T to be prescribed. Lots of prescription drugs are desired on the black market.

If you have low T, what would be his problem? I never even asked for it and my urologist suggested its the direction he wants to head based upon my T levels.

If you are in the US and live close to Mexico, you can buy it (like any prescription drug) as over the counter. The only risk is bringing it back to the US without a prescription, you could potentially have it seized or be fined from what I understand.[/quote]
Yes i have tests back from 2 years ago where my T was under 200. I think this guy is more trying to exploit people for a buck than actually treat them. I found a post by KSMan recommending a doctor in my area that I am making an appointment with. it is $1500 for a consult and $150 monthly for continued treatment, but they will let you inject T and HCG at home, so I think it would be worth it. And if KSman is recommending him, he must be good. Was hoping for a verification by him that he would be recommended.

[quote]ULCajun wrote:

[quote]Saskman84 wrote:

If you are in the US and live close to Mexico, you can buy it (like any prescription drug) as over the counter. The only risk is bringing it back to the US without a prescription, you could potentially have it seized or be fined from what I understand.[/quote]
Yes i have tests back from 2 years ago where my T was under 200. I think this guy is more trying to exploit people for a buck than actually treat them. I found a post by KSMan recommending a doctor in my area that I am making an appointment with. it is $1500 for a consult and $150 monthly for continued treatment, but they will let you inject T and HCG at home, so I think it would be worth it. And if KSman is recommending him, he must be good. Was hoping for a verification by him that he would be recommended.[/quote]

Maybe it’s just me but these prices seem outrageous. Not sure why you would need to see your doctor monthly, either. If you have a compounding pharmacy in your area call them ask them if they are aware of TRT doctors in your area.

I had just went with that doctor because KSman had recommended him. I have a list of compounding pharmacies that i will try calling and getting names from. I didn’t know that was a lot of money for treatment. I’m currently paying $280 just for T injections.

After calling around for an hour or so, i found a doctor that is open to home injections according to the receptionist. Whether that be just T or T and HCG i guess i will have to go in and find out.