Is It OK To Be White? I'm Not Sure

Good stuff!

Thanks, @Jewbacca!

Rare, lesser known Iohnny Marks B-Side?

Lest we rush to judgement on this most heinous offense, we should remember the many hoax hate incidents on college campuses. I’m not sure if this is a hoax, but it wouldn’t be the first time activists faked crimes or fabricated racism to advance a narrative, claim victim status or engage in #resistance.

1 Like

LOL, thanks for the offer, I’m already cut (WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!!)

I have been to the ziggurat in Iraq, next to Abrahams biblical house. (supposedly)… Who knows, it was all just old stone walls.

1 Like

Okay I’ve been story topped. The woman I mentioned above doesn’t look that drastic of a difference between her siblings

1 Like

What judgement is being rushed to? The graffiti is offensive and has damaged scool property. The person/s responsible should face consequences. We shouldn’t have to prove an incident isn’t a false flag before condemning the action and bad intent of the message. If it is a false flag thing, that doesn’t change the fact that writing “Fuck Islam” an school walls is a shitty thing to do.

1 Like

Once again, a fringe example is provided. I was expecting one, either from pictures, mention of some small tribe with whom many of us are unfamiliar, or “I knew A guy who…”.

And some people with trained eyes can spot such examples.

I’ll check article later. Anyway, those twins aren’t white.

But wait, there’s no such thing as white people. But there are Asian and black people. We have two groups of people but we have this pale mystery group that can’t be classified as anything. Wow! (Sarcasm NOT directed at you.)

I’m assuming you have seen my previous post. If we constantly go by fringe examples to trump general rules, observations, and classifications, this world would be an utterly confusing place.

1 Like

Well, “Black Power” is typically associated with American civil rights activists in decades past, which I mostly support. I haven’t researched the Black Panthers but from what I understand they were basically a terrorist group and supported by intelligence agencies, that’s one I don’t support. White power is associated with white supremacists, which I don’t support. I’m mostly Polish and also have some Slovenian and likely Jewish ancestry, genetically I’m an enemy of the Nazis and those who share that ideology. The Nazis (along with the USSR) also destroyed my country. But a statement such as “It’s OK to be white” is fairly benign.

As for people getting worked up over black power, BLM, and other similar movements in the current era, part of it has to do with the general racial tensions in America and part of it has to do with the behaviour of some (in some cases many or nearly all) of the people in those movements. You can try to find the story or videos if you want, but I recall an incident in Milwaukee in the last year or two where there was a BLM protest in response to a black man being killed in a shootout with police during an armed robbery. There are plenty of cases of people (often black) being abused or killed by police under highly questionable circumstances but this was not one of them. Now, they do have the right to protest but what happened (and was reported in the mainstream news) was that protestors were blocking traffic and pulling white people out of their cars and beating them in the street. That is not the way to ease racial tensions, or to convince people to sympathize with you.

I don’t see myself as being into identity politics, I’m opposed to all this nonsense. It’s OK to be any race or nationality, and there is nothing wrong with stating that either.

My understanding of this is that in many cultures (Jews included) it was the paternal bloodline that was recognized as the source of ethnic identity. At some point the Jews decided that you can only be Jewish if you are born to a Jewish mother, but there are Jews in places like Ethiopia and India who look no different from the rest of their country because they mixed with the local people.

What would you consider “Jews” as a group to be then? This is a rather unique situation. There is the Judaic religion, but if you aren’t religious then you don’t cease to be a Jew. There is the ethnic aspect, but that is far from straightforward.

As far as paternal bloodlines, I can give you an example. I know a guy who looks 100% black, and his sister (same parents) doesn’t look black at all. His father is an Arab and his mother is a black African. He explained to me that in the Islamic religion they follow the father’s bloodline so while he is black in appearance he considers himself to be an Arab. This philosophy would explain why the Jews are also such a genetically diverse group.

1 Like

There is no evidence of violent intent. However, there are hate crime laws in Canada so whoever wrote “Fuck Islam” could be charged with that. Whether or not you agree with hate crime laws is another story, regardless of that I see no use in writing such stupid statements.

I have no narrative. People are jumping to all sorts of conclusions and assuming things with little or no rational basis.

What do you believe my narrative to be?

sorry for taking so long to get back to this…

correct.

When I got pulled over, I was directly in front of my house. So there was no more driving for me that night. He told me to walk inside and not come out again until the next day.

You’d have to ask him. I was pretty astounded myself.

Did you think I was suggesting in my post that being white is literally a benefit in every interaction? That was not the intent. As I said, I have gotten tickets as well. I’m not pretending being white is a free pass every single day lol. That would be insane to argue.

I can tell a different story where being white didn’t help me at all. I got arrested in a park in possession of cocaine. I was white then too. Didn’t help me.

The point is that there are situations in life where I have benefited when I would not have in absence of my whiteness. That’s all I’m sayin’.

1 Like

Canada has hate crime laws. What they wrote against Islam is a criminal offence, and I’m not even trying to debate that.

I’m assuming you just provided this link for some comic relief, and not as an actual point, since it doesn’t really make any point.

Is anyone here defending the graffiti? You appear to believe so, but I have yet to see anyone post something of that nature.

So if you saw in the street the twin on the right, without knowing her family background you could visually determine that she’s not white?

Hell, it’s pretty astounding that you remember much of the experience at more than a .24 BAC.

It’s not unheard of for drunks of any race to get a break when already at their destination. I assure you, it has happened to plenty of black folks as well. Going through field sobriety testing before allowing you go free is still puzzling.

Narrative is what you stated- that people were unneccesarily freaking out over faxed flyers saying being white is okay. You intentionally left out the part regarding religious eipthets being found scrawled on walls of the same building that same morning which is obviously a very important part of the story and gives context as to why this became a “big deal”.

Why did you leave that part out?

No, I was just giving an example of how a white man can be singled out in a crowd of black people and wrongly accused of criminal behaviour.

Mostly, but also to point out that exceptions are being made to laws for particular ethnic groups. Of course allowing Sikhs to ride a motorbike with no helmet only puts them in jeopardy, but at the same time anyone else doing the same thing would get a big fine.

Because the focus of the story was on the flyers, the graffiti was just a little extra thing at the end. People write racist stuff in public places pretty regularly and it rarely makes the news, the thing here was that the posters were being equated with neo-Nazism when there was nothing to suggest that.