Is It OK To Be White? I'm Not Sure

Are you some kind of commie apologist?

3 Likes

Are you some kind of Mongol apologist?

4 Likes

I sincerely ask, what are the points here?

I don’t mind if a conversation goes in various directions. After all, who the heck am I?

However, upon re-reading my posts, people can understand that my general thesis was that when a crunch time comes, and it will come again, perhaps long after we’re dead and at a time when our children or grandchildren have to deal with it, those in charge will not give a damn about intellectual ramblings from either side regarding people’s identity, whether that identity is defined by class or race, or both!

Right now, there are people in this world having their land, businesses, or whatever other property confiscated with no compensation. They’ve also been murdered in the past quarter century because of who they are, whether who they are is a social or biological construct. And no amount of pleading, understanding, apologizing, or any other kind of talk will reverses this or will reverse this! Why? Because those in charge don’t care!

There’s also another group of people of a certain race being enslaved as I type this as well. The people in charge in that part of the world don’t care either!

Regarding the actual question in this thread: Is it OK to be a certain race? Again (like a broken record), it is OK or not OK depending on who is in charge, or what the population of a country considers at large!

Intellectual mind games, self loathing, apologies, documents, and “rights” don’t matter in a civil war either.

Whatever the length of the empires mentioned, their existence shaped history.

Under Soviet communism, about 50 million Europeans were deaded up, not to mention the other millions humiliated, imprisoned, brutalized, and terrorized, and the repairing that needed to be done after the end of this terrible creation.

The USSR altered art, media, education, the way people practiced religion, people’s privacy, and so on.

And also under Soviet communism, perhaps one good thing Stalin did, was give the Poles a country once again. It was re-created this last time via expulsion, ethnic cleansing that is.

Why would the length of time the USSR be considered when recognizing such monumental results of its existence?

This isn’t particularly enthralling. You’ve basically described the cyclical nature of all of recorded human history.

Why not? It was obviously a failure of mankind to allow it to happen, but the context that it wasn’t some hundred+ yr span failure that many empires in history have.

I think it more speaks to how quickly the rest of the world stepped in compared to historical precedents.

Although, what was the rest of the world going to do 300+ years ago.

2 Likes

Correct, it isn’t enthralling at all!

What IS enthralling is some Americans’ belief that the occurrences and lessons learned from the thousands of years of history you mentioned are unreliable, and that societal upheavals and another civil war will never occur in America, because of the aforementioned documents and layers of fatness.

There are even some delusional Americans who actually believe that the ONLY place on earth worth living on is the USA, that there is no place that has an equal or better standard of living. There are even New Yorkers who believe that Manhattan and Brooklyn are the only places in the country worthy of living in, and that everyone on earth outside of those boroughs are behind-the-eight-ball suckers. They are above catastrophe and mistreatment.

Liberal societies eventually reject liberalism.

It makes perfect sense to me that we’d never have another civil war. In the age of nukes, satellites, and drones, a civil war would inevitably be a cold one.

Who says we’re not going through one now

1 Like

You’re the one defending communists, I never said anything about Mongols. What is your point here?

1 Like

@chris_ottawa

Don’t waste your time man. Check his post history if you give a shit.

1 Like

Explain what you mean by this. As far as I know, Poland hasn’t stopped existing since the end of WW1. The USSR took control after WW2.

I know he’s an obnoxious asshole, it doesn’t scare me.

It’s always forgotten that all possessions of the old Russian Empire tried to break free in the immediate aftermath of the Russian Revolution - Finland, the Baltic States and Poland successfully, Ukraine and Armenia unsuccessfully. Russians did not like letting go, even when Russia (nascent USSR) was in chaos and in throes of a full fledged civil war. They still tried to claw back their old possessions.

1 Like

By extension of that logic, the current war in Afghanistan should have ended long ago because the US armed forces and their allies have all those technological marvels at their disposal. Yet the war rages on and the US seems to be losing it despite a massive asymmetry in casualties and available weaponry.

In modern hybrid wars one’s body count does not matter (if anything, they matter in reverse, the more casualties one suffers the more they’re winning in the eyes of public opinion) while conventional forces are severely limited by rules of engagement and even social norms and cultural conventions. This is only amplified during civil wars in which there’s no ethnic or religious component. In that case you can’t even rely on the troops themselves because the adversary is not the dreaded “other”.

Western democracies are very slow and hesitant to unleash their armed forces against their rebellious citizens in any shape or form. Russians would send their conventional troops and kill everyone. Even the French from just a few decades ago would do something similar.

So a civil war is highly, highly unlikely but possible in theory.

Maybe I should have said solidified instead of recreated and that they gave Poles new homes, literally. You might know they moved Poles west and expelled Germans after the war.

I don’t know all the details of the history of that period, but I do know that Stalin and the USSR didn’t do Poland any favors. My mom lived in Poland back in the communist days, their family was forcibly relocated (called “internal exile”) because my grandfather was known to be anti-communist. Several of his friends were executed for speaking out against the government. Most likely anything the Russians did was because they felt it was of some strategic advantage to themselves, perhaps they wanted a bigger buffer zone between the USSR and Germany.

There was a distinct lack of motivation irt losing QoL in Afghanistan. I don’t think the comparison stands on that metric alone.

I get that it’s technically possible. I just understand fully the argument that it’s so slim it rounds down to zero.

Same concept with going out in a thunderstorm. When the odds are that low, it’s hard to even comprehend

I understand that and of course, from my previous posts in this and another thread, people know that I know of the communist barbarism and repression that occurred in Poland during and after the war. But in the end, what do the Poles have now? A great nation from what I see in media on the net and have heard about from Polish New Yorkers I know.

What the Poles would have had if the Axis won the war, who knows? My guess is that they might have had a Polish state of sorts, but subordinate and with much interference and influence from the Germans.

Actually my grandmother, though not Polish was born there and lived there til she was four or five years old. My great grandmother lived there til she was about 30 something, I think, but moved with my grandma in 1939.

You saying I am doesn’t mean I am.

You’re an overly sensitive prick. Just because I don’t play your tribalism games doesn’t mean I am defending one side or another. It’s a very simplistic and ignorant argument to talk about which ideology killed more people as if that is how we should measure an ideology’s worth. Stalin was responsible for more deaths than Hitler so by that logic Nazism is better than communism. Is that how we keep score? How about people have done terrible things to one another in the name of all sorts of belief systems because we are just that stupid.

In other words, you have no argument, just baseless accusations resulting from being a moronic reactionary. Read the actual posts. I simply mentioned that the Mongols killed on a scale comparable to communists and you cried about me being a commie apologist.

And for the record, you all should note that I didn’t start with the personal attacks. But I’m the obnoxious one.