Is It OK To Be White? I'm Not Sure

Did you read the Snopes link? Obviously not, so I’ll post a wall of text:

While it’s true, Kaufman wrote, that one of the jobs delegated to young George’s temporary protector (a Hungarian bureaucrat named Baumbach) was taking inventory of Jewish properties already confiscated by the Nazis, the extent of Soros’s participation was accompanying Baumbach on one of those assignments:

Shortly after George went to live with Baumbach, the man was assigned to take inventory on the vast estate of Mor Kornfeld, an extremely wealthy aristocrat of Jewish origin. The Kornfeld family had the wealth, wisdom, and connections to be able to leave some of its belongings behind in exchange for permission to make their way to Lisbon. Baumbach was ordered to go to the Kornfeld estate and inventory the artworks, furnishings, and other property. Rather than leave his “godson” behind in Budapest for three days, he took the boy with him. As Baumbach itemized the material, George walked around the grounds and spent time with Kornfeld’s staff. It was his first visit to such a mansion, and the first time he rode a horse. He collaborated with no one and he paid attention to what he understood to be his primary responsibility: making sure that no one doubted that he was Sandor Kiss [Soros’s assumed identity]. Among his practical concerns was to make sure that no one saw him pee.

George’s father, Tivadar Soros, provided a similar account of the incident in his 1965 autobiography, Masquerade: Dancing Around Death in Nazi Occupied Hungary (note: Tivadar Soros gave the name of the ministry official as “Baufluss,” but Soros confirmed to us that the correct name is Baumbach):

Baufluss was charged by the ministry with inventorying confiscated Jewish estates. He was home only at weekends; the rest of his time he spent taking inventory in the provinces. During the week George passed his time alone in Baufluss’ s apartment. Lacking anything else to do, he caught the attention of some of his schoolmates, who lived in the building across the way. Communicating by hand signals, they seemed surprised to see him holed up in somebody else’s house. The following week the kind-hearted Baufluss, in an effort to cheer the unhappy lad up, took him off with him to the provinces. At the time he was working in Transdanubia, west of Budapest, on the model estate of a Jewish aristocrat, Baron Moric Kornfeld. There they were wined and dined by what was left of the staff. George also met several other ministry officials, who immediately took a liking to the young man, the alleged godson of Mr Baufluss. He even helped with the inventory. Surrounded by good company, he quickly regained his spirits. On Saturday he returned to Budapest.

“He even helped with the inventory,” Tivadar Soros wrote. It’s a detail one doesn’t find in Kaufman’s book. Some may rush to cite this as proof that Soros was indeed a “collaborator,” but given that it occurred on only one occasion, and that Soros was under an imperative to play the part of Baumbach’s godson while in the company of actual Nazi collaborators, it demands stretching the meaning of “collaborator” beyond all reasonable limits.

Moreover, these biographical passages demonstrate that Steve Kroft’s claim on 60 Minutes that Soros “accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews” is flat-out false. Tivadar Soros wrote that most of young George’s time under Baumbach’s care was spent alone in the latter’s apartment. Both Tivadar and Kaufman report that George only resided with Baumbach for a short time — a matter of weeks — before Tivadar, concerned that his son’s real identity was in danger of exposure, shipped him off to spend the summer of 1944 with his mother (who herself was living under an assumed name at a lakeside resort some distance from Budapest). George Soros spent no further time with Baumbach.

What are you talking about? People who moved on with their lives and aren’t harming anyone are being prosecuted? Are you talking about decrepit SS guards?

So his father said he “helped”, and it doesn’t matter what Steve Kroft said because Soros admitted to it.

Anyway, I never even knew the story of him collaborating with the Nazis until it was brought up in this thread. Even if none of that is true, he’ still an evil piece of shit.

yes

2 Likes

I seriously don’t say this to be a wiseass. I’m not joking, nor am I saying this to be a conspiracy theorist. It’s my conviction.

One day in the future, maybe not-so-distant future, for us or our kids or grandkids, all of this navel gazing, language manipulation, mindplay, and above all, weeping and self-loathing will mean nothing!

One day, an ambitious and authoritarian figure of any race or ethnicity, either left or right wing, and his or her constituency will take charge and people will be judged for who they are or what this constituency perceives them to be, and no amount of personal sympathies, guilt, or imaginations of what are they will hold any weight, just as history has shown us time and time again!

It sure can be enjoyable for all the discourse here… until reality finds its way home again.

Think about it.

3 Likes

I would think about it if I understood what you were trying to say.

My thoughts exactly. Is he talking about judging people by their current actions rather than what they did in the past or what you imagine them to be about, or is this about an authoritarian dictatorship?

I don’t think calling Soros a globalist is unfair or a dog whistle. As this very pro-Soros (gag me, the article’s position is that Soros fails because he likes free markets i.e. isn’t marxist enough) article below illustrates.

This is a very interesting side topic for me and a total derail to this thread. Whereas the Cold War was all about Communism vs Capitalism (free vs planned econimies). I think the next great worldwide conversation/war will be about Nationalism vs Globalism (sovereign nation states vs “global community”).

Nationalism has a bad name in Europe because of WW2. But the Europeans were slitting each other’s throats for millennia before nationalism was even articulated.

"For Soros, the goal of contemporary human existence is to establish a world defined not by sovereign states, but by a global community whose constituents understand that everyone shares an interest in freedom, equality and prosperity. In his opinion, the creation of such a global open society is the only way to ensure that humanity overcomes the existential challenges of climate change and nuclear proliferation.

Unlike Gates, whose philanthropy focuses mostly on ameliorative projects such as eradicating malaria, Soros truly wants to transform national and international politics and society. Whether or not his vision can survive the wave of antisemitic, Islamophobic and xenophobic rightwing nationalism ascendant in the US and Europe remains to be seen. What is certain is that Soros will spend the remainder of his life attempting to make sure it does."

2 Likes

I think the US is an example of the future of this world. A bunch of sovereign states come together, conceded some autonomy, and form a central government to benefit them all. Fast forward 200 years and states right/power is a shell of its original self. The fed has taken over and for good.

I would be surprised if countries don’t begin consolidating under a regional government soon and a world government in the next couple hundred years. The European Union is a step in that direction. Hell, NATO is a step in that direction.

3 Likes

@usmccds423

Don’t you think that this was an amazing feat?

And don’t forget; the representatives of those States and others devised a Constitution that has not been duplicated before or since.

Has it all been perfect? By no means.

But it still represents something amazing, IMO.

2 Likes

It was definitely amazing.

1 Like

A prescient observation. How much sovereignty do we have to give up before it stops being amazing?

How big is too big for a world government? The average UK or Greek citizen has near zero say in EU government despite it being very unpopular. Most countries’ citizens didn’t get to vote to join the EU or not. So when labor, economics, immigration, taxation, central banking is all controlled to an extent at the EU level. How long until the people decide “I’m out.”

3 Likes

At this point is federalism even a thing?

I dunno, but I think “voting to get out” won’t be an option soon enough. Every so often we hear about a state leaving the union, but it’s just bluster. The UK and Brexit takes balls, but it remains to be seen how the UK will be impacted.

The issue, imo, is the globalization of economics. Politics, culture, etc… all hold sway over people, but cash is king. Eventually, all of these trade agreements will just be inter-state commerce, imo.

2 Likes

Was this posted because you’re truly interested in what I have to say, or are you yet again being sarcastic. I’ve never been sarcastic to you, if I recall correctly. I’ve simply disagreed. If your dislike what I have to say, why not ignore me? Some people have liked my posts.

I don’t have a problem with you.

1 Like

All of that. I’ll try to get back to this later.

1 Like

Simple answer: More than desired by any component.

Since I’m not the only one to be confused by your post, it shows that I just might be sincere in asking.

1 Like

The question here is, who does Soros think he is that he know what is best for the world? He is creating chaos around the globe, and all this migration is due to countries being overrun by criminals and destroyed by wars. Fix the root of the problem rather than creating a new problem.

2 Likes

It’s already happening, African Union, CARICOM, there is a Latin American thing too that I cant remember the name of.

2 Likes

A cynical point made in the fawning article I posted above is that Soros might fund lefty causes in order to take the heat off him for being a rich hedge fund manager.

Then he truly would be a Bond Villain, or more aptly: Nero. It would mean he doesn’t care about the plight of migrants, or about London Stabbings, Swedish Rapes and German Christmas Markets. He’s fiddling while Rome burns.

2 Likes

I only have two rules

1. Try to do the right thing

2. Don’t act the cunt

Ethnicity, race or creed doesn’t come in to it. Yeah, its ok to be white.

1 Like

Well, he said who he thinks he is in the video. He said he thinks he is smarter than God (if He exists, at all) and the world should run according to his better plan. Talk about delusions of grandeur. My childhood Catholic training reminded me of a being who thought he could run things better than God and this seriously creeped me out.

Regarding the controversy of Nazi collaborator, I read all the source materials with some interest because my in-laws (who are Jewish) detest Soros, but call him a “Nazi war profiteer” more often than they call him a collaborator.

Anyway, from the reading, the Soros family was ethnically Jewish, but hated Jewish people because the considered them low-class and backwards, and thus their ethnicity was a source of embarrassment. They had become “Esperanto” which I thought was a made-up language, a bit like the metric system of languages, but is really also kind of a movement to exist without national identity or borders.

I think we can all agree that Soros remains very much an “Esperanto”.

I think his familiar hatred of Jewish people and his Esperanto identity explain his politics, and Israel, in particular. Specifically, Israeli is ethnically Jewish and very much a nation with an ethnic identity. So it has two strikes going against it from Soros’ point of view.

Regarding the question of whether Soros was a collaborator, I would concur he straddled the line between being a collaborator and “just” a war profiteer.

The government official who was his guardian was very much a Nazi collaborator. He faced considerable retribution for being such after the war.

Soros admits helping in the process and excused his actions by his youth and his rationalization that someone was going to help the Nazis (and skim some), so it might as well have been him. So, yes, he collaborated, but mainly just to get by, and not out of true hatred.

(As an aside, I also noted that Soros went to Jewish school in Budapest, despite his parents’ objection. He learned about Judaism, and then decided it was bullshit. I get that, after going through years of Catechism classes, and having decided that Roman Catholicism is pretty seriously full of crap.)

To me, his own independent actions during WWII are probably more problematic than his nominal collaboration with the Nazis – people were fleeing (generally Jewish) and he participated in blackmailing them or fleecing them by trading local currency for jewels or whatever. His “uncle” sent him to do the fleecing because a kid was far less suspicious than an adult. He again rationalized his actions by saying “someone was going to do it, might as well have been him.” This is just flat-out evil.

It’s also what he does now with his currency trading. He finds people with a temporary weakness and exploits it.

Regarding whether he is a believer in his “progressive” causes, I think it is a mix of giving himself cover for being a really awful rich guy (just like he pleads antisemitism when he, himself, hates Judaism) and that he remains very much the “Esperanto” that his parents raised him to be.

5 Likes