Is It OK To Be White? I'm Not Sure

You are describing what the post modernists label as “intersectionality”.

If you boil it down it means if a person compiles membership in more grievance groups then they are allowed to have more self righteous indignation/victimhood, and thus more bonafide as a SJW.

It’s like a trading card game. Gotta catch em all.

3 Likes

It kept asking me if it was a sentence… Probably not, but neither are half of my other posts, lol.

1 Like

I like Jordan Peterson’s take, (paraphrasing) once you go down the rabbit whole of intersectionality, the only logical outcome is to treat/judge at the individual level. The whole content of ones character thing. Amazing…

3 Likes

Duh, you just have to be a liberal.

If you are liberal, you can (actual examples):

(1) drive drunk and leave a young woman to drown (followed by many examples of date rape);

(2) shoot a Republican president and several other people and eventually get out;

(3) rape women and molest young interns, then destroy their reputations;

(4) call Obama an articulate “magic negro”

(5) complain about people “humanizing” Jew, call for the murder of all Jews in Israel, and anything antisemitic you want;

(6) say anything misogynistic about women you desire (if the women are Republican);

(7) mock disabled veterans (who are Republican);

(8) pretend you are a minority and actually appropriate their culture for financial and professional benefit;

(9) get in a shoving match with a young teenage woman intern because you are a grandstanding asshat;

(10) dress in whiteface if black

(11) get away with pressuring women into sex for work for decades

Liberalism is the magic ticket!

(If anyone can’t figure out to whom I am referencing with each example, please advise.)

The selective outrage is sickening.

Bonus:

(12) beat women and drag them off the bed, on video (and get reelected);

7 Likes

It’s hard to say. I’d play it safe and not attempt to make such determinations unless you have more letters than either.

US definition of liberal, not classical liberal.

I remember that old quote from Ephraim Kishon “a liberal will believe that his country is on the right track only when it becomes unsafe for him to leave the house after nightfall

For this I can turn to my sister-in-law, who is taking her politics so far that it is starting to resemble the behavior of my cousin, who joined a fundamentalist Christian cult a few years ago. It’s all politics, all the time, just like my cousin was all proselytizing, all the time.

The key to navigating this while posting on social media from your upper-middle class home is to first declare that your white privilege is checked. Then you state that you’re an “ally” to whatever group you’re daring to share your thoughts about. Then you state the party line or the approved opinion.

Boom. You’re a white ally of marginalized groups, and a far better person than anyone who fails to echo the same sentiment.

5 Likes

Dear White Lady, What Are You Doing to Us?

I really do hope we will stop for that cup of coffee. I sincerely hope that one day I will be able to count on you as an ally, to call you—without hesitation—my sister.

I only got this far and I skimmed most of it anyway

Completely delusional.

2 Likes

I am loving the talking to white women are getting lately.

I suppose this is intersectionality at play - believe all women, except when it comes to the ballot box?

The suffragettes would be proud.

1 Like

They were super religious. They wouldn’t have made it this far with modern feminism. One of the things that put suffrage over the top was the drive for prohibition (cause drunk husbands beat women and don’t go to work, plus the demon drink is evil).

Pretty sure the suffragettes’ collective heads would explode at the demands from modern feminists for publicly funded birth control and abortion.

So now it’s women that are voting against their own interests? Last election it was only certain minorities.

That’s a nice way of saying that they don’t know what they’re doing.

Commence the circular firing squad!

What gets me is the public claim of sisterhoods and brotherhoods. Individuals viewing themselves as members of a racial or gender (or both) group with particular interests to be looked out for. And you’re aren’t one of the sisters or brothers, and possibly a traitor, if you fail to act in the so-called interest of the group at large.

Hrm.

And who knew that it would be the stereotyped, prejudged, and generalized who would one day shame those who would otherwise be a sister, or a brother, for not having submitted to a nearly monolithic political leaning. “We’re supposed to all think alike.” Yeah, basically that’s the vibe I get.

I think the worst part is just how damn boring of a move it is. It’s older than fuckin time and you’d think we’d eventually know better

1 Like

I keep thinking that human nature, by and large, hasn’t changed for, oh, 10,000+ years…

2 Likes

If males can be females and vice versa, how in the hell could this guy’s wish not be granted? 69 is far closer to 49 than is male to female, after all.

(I understand this is completely off-topic, but we were discussing LGBTWPEOIUEWRPKLJDSFPOIJs…and I didn’t want to create a new thread…and the guy is too heroic to post in the Stupid thread.)

2 Likes

He’s far from being in the wrong, tell you what, if I had known this was a thing when I was 18-19 and in college getting cited for my first MIP…game changer, haha “No sir, I’m mature for my age, 21 is the age I identify with, not 18.”

4 Likes

This doesn’t seem off topic at all if it’s a discussion about the alphabet people, I was saying the same thing myself. If gender is a social construct then why not age, or even species? I identify as a squirrel, I’m going to dig holes in your lawn, shit in the bushes, and build a nest in your tree. You can’t stop me because of wildlife protection laws.

1 Like

I triple dog dare you to live as a squirrel lives, diet, behavior, mating habits … and see where that gets ya…

2 Likes