Is it just Simple Math?

I know that there are many variables etc. but could it be relatively accurate to say the following:

If I want to go from 10% BF to 6% and stay at 180Lbs. I would have to loose 7.2 Lbs of fat (and gain 7.2Lbs. of Muscle). Knowing that 3,500 Kcal = 1 Lbs of fat, then I would need to burn 25,200 Kcal. At a 250 Kcal per day deficit it would take me 101 days.

Like I said I know that there are many variable but what would be some thoughts on this?

Trust me, it isn’t that simple. You’ll find that out when you try it.

If your body were a gigantic abacus, this would work.

As is, you are an organism, and simple mathematics can’t describe complex actions within the body.

It will take longer since your metabolism will decline. Plus without AAS (or being total newbie) it’s nearly impossible to gain that kind of muscle mass in 3.5 months while consuming less kcals than you burn.

Hi, Cravel. Try these numbers. It’s a different way of looking at the same thing.

TBW = 180 lbs.
BF% = 10%
BF = 18 lbs.
LBM = 162 lbs.

-and-

TBW = 180 lbs.
BF% = 6%
BF = 10.8 lbs.
LBM = 169.2 lbs.

The way I look at it, you want to DISPLACE 7.2 pounds of FM with 7.2 pounds of muscle.

Do your cardio. Eat your protein. Take in your high gylcemic carbs (Surge) and starchy carbs (brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal) PWO to reduce cortisol and maximize protein synthesis.

Good luck to you!!!

Thanks for the feedback. It was more a topic for discussion than me searching for advice. I know it is not that easy. I feel like I have been living it for 2 years.

I know that is near impossible to have that kind of exchange. I really just trying to demostrate the kind of time it would take to go from 10% to 6%. And that is even disregarding, metabolism adjustments, cheat days and the many other factors involved.