Week 2 - 2 reps max
Week 3 - 2 or 1 rep max
Week 4 - 4 reps max and here we go again

SQUAT:
Week 1 - 5 reps max
Week 2 - 3 reps max
Week 3 - 2 reps max
Week 4 - 5 reps max and here we go again

(deadlifts not yet, for now im just doing warmup with them and trying to improve my form)

Doesn’t really matter how you train. If it works for you, do it. It just doesn’t look very practical.

Sugi pula tigan murdar

your a beginner right? follow madcows or texas method or something

It is terrible. One, you aren’t ready for that, and two if you were you still wouldn’t progress, you would be weaker at week 4 than you were at week 1.

[quote]budreiser wrote:
your a beginner right? follow madcows or texas method or something[/quote]
Or 5/3/1

The program he just outlined is pretty much just a weird 5/3/1.

[quote]DSSG wrote:
It is terrible. One, you aren’t ready for that, and two if you were you still wouldn’t progress, you would be weaker at week 4 than you were at week 1. [/quote]

I don’t find it terrible. Even now, I squat for true triples week in and week out, with the singles or doubles thrown in at random points, every 4-6 weeks, and I still progress just fine.

Ok but what about training every week 2 reps max ,2 reps max? what will happend to my body? too much stress?

I still dont get it ,why its 5-3-1 for most of powerlifters

becouse it works and saves you a few years of trial and error

Well, I guess different strokes for different people. By true triples do you mean balls to the wall, music blasted, reps ground out apeshit type of triple? Or just to a technical max? Or perhaps you mean a training max (not getting an emotional reaction to it)? Personally, when I do something for three weeks as a ME exercise even if I am doing good breaking PR’s the past two weeks, and ect I dread that day even if I feel good and full of energy. It just isn’t a good day, I don’t want to do that lift, and It messes with me mentally. I also normally suck hard on the third week which is why I don’t do three week rotations anymore for max effort exercises.

[quote]Razetsu wrote:
Ok but what about training every week 2 reps max ,2 reps max? what will happend to my body? too much stress?

I still dont get it ,why its 5-3-1 for most of powerlifters[/quote]

Mental fatigue, and also physical fatigue builds up if you train an exercise in the 90%+ range for three weeks. Over three weeks and you will go backwards on the third weak you also cannot perform optimally, I would recommend the conjugate system, but something simple and non fuck-up-able like 5/3/1 would give better results until you have at least a 2.XBW squat and 2.5XBW deadlift.

Then I would recommend starting to read everything you can by louie simmons, and about the conjugate method/westside barbell.

i trained this way
BENCHPRESS:
Week 1 - 4 then 3 reps in same day
Week 2 - 3 reps then 2 reps in same day
Week 3 - 4 then 3 reps in same day and here we go again

SQUAT:
Week 1 - 5 then 4 reps in same day
Week 2 - 4 then 3 reps in same day
Week 3 - 5 then 4 reps in same day and here we go again

It looks like my mental doesnt get fatigue that fast : P, i get huge strength grains by doing this (atm i am not ready for 1 rep ,especially for squat since im not so used to them yet) ,deadlifts have to wait :3

best thing you can do for yourself as a beginner is follow a reputable program. Trust me the authors of these programs know more than you about programming at this point.

look up 5/3/1, 5x5, westside, sheiko, starting strength, and so forth

after you look at these programs pick one based on your understanding of the program, how it fits in your schedule, and way you like to train.

then do the program as written. Then when you think about changing the principals of the program repeat this phrase 20 times

I am not smarter than “insert author of the programs name”

then stick to the plan

Razetsu, what do you squat/bench, and what is your body weight/height.

Please mention if it is in pounds, KG, or stones. Along with the height in either inches or centimeters.

[quote]Razetsu wrote:
BENCH PRESS:
Week 1 - 4 reps max
Week 2 - 2 reps max
Week 3 - 2 or 1 rep max
Week 4 - 4 reps max and here we go again

SQUAT:
Week 1 - 5 reps max
Week 2 - 3 reps max
Week 3 - 2 reps max
Week 4 - 5 reps max and here we go again

(deadlifts not yet, for now im just doing warmup with them and trying to improve my form)[/quote]

the only glaring problem is week 4. on week 4, work up to your week 1 4 rep max/(or 5 rep max) for a single. Yes, it will be easy. week 4 should be easy. THEN start over after your easy week.

Whoever recommended 5/3/1 and said “because it works and saves you years of trial and error…” He’s right.

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Razetsu, what do you squat/bench, and what is your body weight/height.

Please mention if it is in pounds, KG, or stones. Along with the height in either inches or centimeters. [/quote]

I am 136 pounds, 18 years old, like 1,70cm heigtht ,around 71cm waist
Benchpress: 220 pounds
Squat: 308 pounds
Deadlifts: just started doing them ,atm im warming up at 176 pounds, but i bet i will hit 330 pounds in 1-2 months max till i train my form and so on.

I am training for 1 year but i was doing bodybuilding before ,i started power bodybuilding like 3-4 months ago (that mean i started lift HEAVY 3-4 months ago)

Anyway by doing that random routine ,my strength keeps grewing very fast ,idk ,why should i change to that Popular routine if my random routine really works for me and works more than very good?

if your a beginner dont worry about the programming. just lift and eat. every week just push yourself to do one more rep or one more set. it took me from a 500 pound total to a 1400 pound total in 2 years. just train and eat. worry about programming after the first year. dont over think it, just lift.

[quote]aceshigh92 wrote:
if your a beginner dont worry about the programming. just lift and eat. every week just push yourself to do one more rep or one more set. it took me from a 500 pound total to a 1400 pound total in 2 years. just train and eat. worry about programming after the first year. dont over think it, just lift. [/quote]

Yes you are right! this is the answer i was looking for ,who cares about training bad or good ,just train over your limits and do your best and this is what i am doing now.