Is it a Hernia?

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

Here lies the problem with lawyers.
[/quote]

Here lies the problem with you. You don’t listen. You pose questions then don’t listen to the answers. The standards are different. Does lap surgery on a skinny person violate the standard of care - no. Would I avoid it if I were 5% body fat - yes. There is a difference between the standard of care for medical malpractice cases and what a reasonable person should allow a doctor to do to them. Shocker, I know.

There is a higher risk of lap surgery for skinny people. That was the original point of my post.

More.

Some.

[quote]

Again, not necessarily. There are other factors effecting visceral fat content. Like genetics, stress, extra-curricular hormone use… And if it was such a risk, they would use ultrasound to measure the visceral fat layer thickness in the surgery candidate. It takes only two minutes.

Google that.[/quote]

Or I could just not google it, and let you continue to argue that visceral fat and subcutaneous fat are unrelated. Let me know how that argument goes. Ultrasound would be a great idea. I have no idea why its not standard procedure. Maybe you could do something about that.

I never said it was SUCH a risk. I never stripped down ass naked and ran through the pre-op ward screaming “skinnies, skinnies, please listen for the love of God, do not have lap surgery. The doctor will perforate your shit and you’ll die.”

If you want to argue more, do it over PMs. This has got to be annoying for people.

/thread

[quote]flightspeed wrote:
Get them to put a mesh piece in there so you don’t re-injure yourself. I have one. Works great.

My buddy had them do both sides with mesh, even though he was herniated on one side, for prevention’s sake.

[/quote]

Sadly, not everyone is able to get the mesh. When I was under the knife, the surgeon said my body wouldn’t take to it. I’m not entirely sure what he said and at the time I didn’t really care about anything besides going to sleep.

Anyways, I wanted to get the mesh, but my body wouldn’t allow it. But, a hernia is really nothing to worry about because you’ll be back before you know it and having been unable to get the mesh, I do not notice any problems when I lift.

[quote]Damner wrote:
So its something like dog crap training a good routine to start ion after mark’s SS?[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|||||||||||||||||||| You know i could do some research on T-Nation’s articles about a good follow up program to Mark’s SS but to be honest Im not too sure about that. Heres why, last time i did that i ended up on some crappy “work your muscles once a week” program that didn’t do squat for me i spent like 5 months on it and it was pretty much in vain on top of that i was not eating enough so gains were pretty much miniscule.

All this happened bcuz i decided to read up on some artciles, dont get me wrong im not saying T-nation’s is the one too blame for this I should have posted some more questions on the forums first and done more research bfore starting the stupid program. So there… heres why i’m asking this again I dont want to end up like i did the first time; so what would be a good program top work on after Mark’s SS.

No replys…whatsa going on?

[quote]Damner wrote:
No replys…whatsa going on?[/quote]

If SS worked well for you, try Madcow’s 5x5