Is HST for Intermediate/Advanced Lifters?

Ive always thought full body workouts are more for beginners, would hst be good for a more intermediate/advanced bodybuilder? Or would i be better off with a 1-2x body split like the push/pull/leg routine? Do any pros do HST full body routines?
Been training for about 6-7 years, 245 @ 11% b/f.
I’m also on test/dbol/deca.

[quote]brodequinjj wrote:
Ive always thought full body workouts are more for beginners, would hst be good for a more intermediate/advanced bodybuilder? Or would i be better off with a 1-2x body split like the push/pull/leg routine? Do any pros do HST full body routines?
Been training for about 6-7 years, 245 @ 11% b/f.
I’m also on test/dbol/deca.[/quote]

And what height are you? If you are below, say 6’2", you are enormously muscular and it would surprise me you ask such a question about training with that kind of experience to build your physique.

I have not known of one pro who uses HST. I remember Boris Klein used it with a six day per week plan.

There are variations of HST for beginners, intermediates and advanced people. Some of the advanced I’ve seen train six days per week, hitting everything 2 to 3 times per week.

Would you be better off with push/pull/legs–there’s no way to tell. Great bodies have been built with full body routines, HST, HIT, 5 x 5, bro splits, and so on. With your advancement, I am surprised you ask.

Some guys just have big frames, height doesn’t always equal frame size, look at Lesnar vs Stephan struve who is 7 feet but weighs 40 pounds less naturally.
Cain Velasquez is about 245 @ 15% bodyfat at 6’1 and he doesn’t even lift, he trains for mobility and endurance only, if he started lifting for 6 months he would probably be 245 at 10% bf

245lbs at 11% is HUGE

[quote]Silvercrank wrote:
Some guys just have big frames, height doesn’t always equal frame size, look at Lesnar vs Stephan struve who is 7 feet but weighs 40 pounds less naturally.
Cain Velasquez is about 245 @ 15% bodyfat at 6’1 and he doesn’t even lift, he trains for mobility and endurance only, if he started lifting for 6 months he would probably be 245 at 10% bf[/quote]

245 at 15% and 6’1" with no training and 245 at 10% with training.

Are you f— serious???