T Nation

Is Hillary Done Or Not!?

Well? NPR called the nomination for Obama, but her speech didn’t seem to indicate that she was quitting… Or did I miss something? I didn’t hear the whole thing.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Well? NPR called the nomination for Obama, but her speech didn’t seem to indicate that she was quitting… Or did I miss something? I didn’t hear the whole thing.[/quote]

She’s probably waiting for the “Ok, you can be VP, just give it up already” phone call.

The Clintons fight to the death. She’s not quitting until the official decision date and then maybe, maybe, she’ll think about quitting.

But then, you know Puerto Rico looked like it was pretty supportive of her… :slight_smile:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Well? NPR called the nomination for Obama, but her speech didn’t seem to indicate that she was quitting… Or did I miss something? I didn’t hear the whole thing.

She’s probably waiting for the “Ok, you can be VP, just give it up already” phone call.[/quote]

It’s funny that you say this because Obama was practically eulogizing her in his post election speech. It was horrific.

I think she will make the Super Delegates decide. She’s come this far, and conceding just doesn’t seem to be her style.

I think she is still waiting on some explosive piece of news about Obama to come out, and won’t pack it in until the SDs make a final decision.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
I think she will make the Super Delegates decide. She’s come this far, and conceding just doesn’t seem to be her style.

I think she is still waiting on some explosive piece of news about Obama to come out, and won’t pack it in until the SDs make a final decision.[/quote]

The popular vote is a dead heat. Isn’t this what the super delegates are for? Shouldn’t she be able to make her case and have this decided at the convention? Why end it early when it is still up in the air?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

The popular vote is a dead heat. Isn’t this what the super delegates are for? Shouldn’t she be able to make her case and have this decided at the convention? Why end it early when it is still up in the air?[/quote]

And were it not for the “point system” the Democrats use in their primaries (cf. “winner take all” system), Hillary would have been the leader throughout.

That is yet another case she can make to the SDs - that the system they didn’t use looks more like the electoral college in a general election, and that the current system is creating a “false positive” as an indicator for a successful general election.

And a successful general election is all the SDs should care about. I’d see no reason for HRC to drop out.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
And were it not for the “point system” the Democrats use in their primaries (cf. “winner take all” system), Hillary would have been the leader throughout. [/quote]

Or, as Jon Stewart puts it, she would get the nomination if she was trying for Republican nomination.

[quote]lixy wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
And were it not for the “point system” the Democrats use in their primaries (cf. “winner take all” system), Hillary would have been the leader throughout.

Or, as Jon Stewart puts it, she would get the nomination if she was trying for Republican nomination.[/quote]

And McCain would have won the Democrat nomination in 2004.

I think Hillary would have had a much easier time with the election if she were getting laid, probably would have made her a bit more relaxed and personable on camera.

People would be saying: “Look there, you KNOW she is getting some good dick, maybe she aint so bad after all?”

I actually offered to do Hillary on the condition that my college tuition, plus books and living expenses be paid. And that I would never pay taxes…ever.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
lixy wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:

Or, as Jon Stewart puts it, she would get the nomination if she was trying for Republican nomination.

And McCain would have won the Democrat nomination in 2004.[/quote]

Advantage, Zap.

She’s been done and she is only embarrassing herself at this point.