T Nation

Is High Free T a Problem?

As I posted in another thread, I have gone from two+ years on pellets to two years on gel and, for the past four months on Test Cyp + HCG + AI. Just got my labs back and they are as follows:

TT 1148 348 - 1197
FT 34.8 7.2 - 24.0
E2 33.6 7.6 - 42.6

I have upped my Adex to bring down the e2 closer to the low 20’s, but my question is: is there any downside to having my FT that high above the range? I do not recall ever reading that it can lead to problems but most people here know a lot more than me about TRT. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If it is not impacting negatively your blood profiles, kidney markers, or other hormones (thyroid/adrenals) then it is fine

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
If it is not impacting negatively your blood profiles, kidney markers, or other hormones (thyroid/adrenals) then it is fine[/quote]

Thanks VT. I value your opinion.

Personally, I would lower my t injection a little to be in the high normal range. This will also reduce E2 and DHT.

[quote]bholiday wrote:
Personally, I would lower my t injection a little to be in the high normal range. This will also reduce E2 and DHT.[/quote]

Why do you want to lower your blood profile into a range made up mostly of people that are sick? Healthy people aren’t routinely getting T tests, so the ranges are inevitably skewed to reflect disease states.

DHT is also the most important hormone for libido…why are you suggesting his needs to be lowered, especially since he doesn’t have any bloodwork currently showing where its at?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]bholiday wrote:
Personally, I would lower my t injection a little to be in the high normal range. This will also reduce E2 and DHT.[/quote]

Why do you want to lower your blood profile into a range made up mostly of people that are sick? Healthy people aren’t routinely getting T tests, so the ranges are inevitably skewed to reflect disease states.

DHT is also the most important hormone for libido…why are you suggesting his needs to be lowered, especially since he doesn’t have any bloodwork currently showing where its at?[/quote]

Being at the top of the normal range is plenty of testosterone for most men. Dht also causes unwanted side effects…like a hairy back (mine has never been so hairy since I started T). I have also noticed my hair has been getting thin while on T. I have recently decided to combat these side effects with low dose finasteride. So far I have not noticed any negative effects on my sex drive…in fact it may have gotten a little better. I usually have sex at least two times a day, and so far nothing has changed.

The bottom line for me is that unless we are trying to do steroids, we should aim for a high normal level of hormones, unless we are getting unwanted side effects. Since hrt is usually for life, I think it is just a lot safer to be on the safe side.

By bringing his t down a little, he may be able to avoid an extra drug (arimidex).