Is HCG a Must on a Test Only Cycle?

planning on doing the classic 500mg test e a week, i got armidex and nolva but i was wondering if nolva is enough to get my balls back to their original size or that i need hcg because its hard to get that where im at right now

It’s preferred but not necessary.

1 Like

There is a shortage of legit HCG from all the compounding labs. My TRT clinic has sent several notices on this. They say do to covid they are not getting the base materials needed to make the stuff. I have no idea what that means. Isn’t the real HCG made from pregnant womens pee?

Yes, but I think they can synthesize it now.

That would be nice.
What is the forum’s general position on taking HCG to support the testis while cycling?
I would think it would help or speedup the PCT.

I am of the opinion that using it during the bridge between cycle and PCT makes a lot of sense. In that period T and E2 are coming down, the addition of HCG likely won’t cause high E2 issues. IME, HCG works pretty quickly, so that 3 weeks in-between cycle and PCT can be used to get the balls plump and ready for PCT. That is just my take on how I would use it if cycling (not blasting and cruising).

Threads like this remind me why I just blast and cruise… lol. So much less complicated.

There are major issues with HCG now. I just got back home from my andrologist visit and he’s aware. The mail order pharmacy I use has had a near 225% increase in price for each vial!

I think HCG is a necessity. The small amount of testosterone it produces has an outsized effect on some important downstream functions. It’s cheap (very few of us are using actual pharmacies) and it keeps an important part of your endocrine system running when it would otherwise be switched off. I’m pretty much an evangelist for it at this point.

3 Likes

I run HCG on blast and on cruise. My sexual health feels MUCH better

Small amount of T increase though? I think i saw up to 500+ ng-dl increase on T levels even with low 250iu doses? Is HCG really bad at increaseing T levels?

Definitely plumps the boys if you have shut them down. I use it for that reason alone, but I’ve also been on TRT for a decade.

I’ve never had that kind of response to it. But I’m sure there are some who get that big of a boost. It’s very user dependent, so it’s tough to nail down the dose for some guys.

1 Like

The difficulty in finding the correct dose is the only thing that’s detrimental in my opinion. You don’t want to be using too much or too little. But it goes a long way. The testicles recover the slowest from cycling. Keeping them stimulated (optimally with physiological stimulation levels) is of high importance when cycling.

1 Like

Is it a must? no.

Is it a good idea? Absolutely!

Is it effective? Very!

I always felt much better on it. Loved it. I only stopped due to cost.

If you can get your hands on it and can afford it, don’t skip it.

3 Likes

Finding the right dose without sides is the difficult part. I started with 300iu twice weekly and slowly worked down to 50iu 3x weekly and both provided the exact same benefit. Increase testicular size, better sensation during sex, larger volume etc…on 300iu twice weekly I felt greasy/oily constantly… even at a low dose I personally experienced constant acne breakouts which have left me with a ton of scars.I got to a point where I gave up and couldn’t justify continue taking it. 2 months after stopping the acne has reduced about 75%.

I’m not sure if my mistake was taking it with my test c shot all in one or if I should have split it up. Previously I was on a MWF protocol so I just took it together. Not sure if this contributed to my issues.

1 Like

I agree. Did you experience any testicular atrophy yourself? Do you think HCG can bring the testis back to its old, healthy size? Or can HCG grow an already fully developed man?

Has anyone saw testicle size increase due to HCG above their healthy baseline here, thx?

Penile Growth in Response to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) Treatment in Patients with Idiopathic Hypogonadotrophic Hypogonadism - PMC.

I always wondered how low T can shrink the testicles though… Especially if you have primary hypogonadism where your testicles are healthy…

I saw an increase above baseline with Tamoxifen and Clomifen separately. HCG has been reported to do that too.

In patients with testicles dysfunction they can be shrunken. In patients with functioning Testis but primary or secondary failure (counted from HPT) the Testis just lack stimulation.

1 Like

Like many things PED related, it’s near impossible to get a solid answer. I know everyone will respond differently, but what do you think for an average user? 250iu every other day, or 2x per week? 500iu? I’m definitely feeling some shutdown down there. Outside of a dull ache I notice at times, they are oh so slightly smaller, and the amount of ejaculate is practically non existent, so if you though it was a placebo… nope! haha. I’m only on pin 4 which is surprising.

I’m on only TRT for 20 years (nothing more than 100 mg of T per week). For having my kids I took HCG for 1000 IU thrice per week with TRT.

I briefly used HCG mono therapy for 3000 IU thrice per week, but my T plummeted to the 300s and 400s. I think people underestimate how much HCG is needed for some situations.