Is Getting Bloodwork Done Useful?

I’m not trolling with this question. I’ve read some of the stickies and other articles and it seems like u get such varied results from blood testing that I’m genuinely asking if it’s worth doing before starting TRT.
This quote from PhysLojik in particular made me wonder
“Blood testing for hormones doesn’t tell us shit. It’s like flashing a light in a cave. It’s a snapshot at that moment. Hormones can change by 50% in value every day.”

:

Re read that post in its proper context man.

Blood testing is absolutely CRUCIAL. What he was stating there was that making snap decisions based on one specific snapshot is not wise. Low T is typically confirmed in at least three blood tests. The levels give us a look into what’s going on, but what physio is saying there is that they are not the be all end all of diagnosis.

Multiple tests and troubleshooting symptoms are key.

Thank you sir

Yes levels may fluctuate but if you are top of the range and optimal then clearly you are not going to be bottom of the range thr next day, and vice versa low t below bottom of range will not be optimal tomorrow.

Yeah this does make sense.

This is exactly what blood testing is all about, shining a flashlight into a cave in the hopes you can see everything. We need a test that will show androgen deficiencies in target tissue, nitric oxide is needed for the penis and other organs.

I’m currently in Thailand and have been quoted these prices for bloodwork, It’s pretty expensive and I was wondering if there are any tests I can skip,

• Free Testosterone = 3,630 THB

(Include: Testosterone, total + Testosterone, bioavailable + Testosterone, free + Sex Hormone Binding Globulin)

• Estradiol (E2) = 1,480 THB

• Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) = 1,490 THB

• Luteinizing Hormone (LH) = 1,490 THB

• Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) = 5,500 THB

• Complete Blood Count (CBC) = 480 THB

• Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) = 1,740 THB

• Liver Function Tests (TP, ALB, GLO, DB, TB, ALP, AST, ALT, GGT) = 3,980 THB

• Metabolic Profile (FBG, BUN, Crea, Na, K, CL, CO2) = 2,710 THB

How old are you?

You could drop the DHT.

48 and yeah the dht is the most expensive, if I can drop that it would help the budget

Get the tests quoted elsewhere then compare. At this price it’s a scam.

Yeah it’s ridiculous. I don’t suppose any Thailand regs can point me to cheaper tests in Bangkok?