Is Fit Day Accurate?

I’m finding Fit Day a little inaccurate…what are your thoughts?

For instance, I put in 1.5 cups of cooked broccoli and it says it has 136 calories and 8 grams of fat…that’s news to me. Both those numbers should be lower, especially the fat.

Im not sure. I just logged in 1.5 cups of broccoli and got 65 cals. Maybe you selected another type of sautee’d with butter or something version.

Why are you logging your broccoli intake on fitday? I use fitday too, but just to give me a rough estimate on how many calories I’m getting during the day when bulking.

It’s gonna be inaccurate to some degree so just use it as a guide to give you an idea. But micromanaging like that is pointless.

Then again your situation might be different from mine, and to really answer your question, it probably has butter or olive oil in it.

Hmmm…well, I know broccoli isn’t a big deal, but I’ve noticed some other more significant stuff and I feel like it’s not sure accurate. Anyway, as a rough estimate it’s pretty decent.

Double check the serving size, and that you have raw broccoli selected (and not broccoli with butter or something).

I use fitday, but to be honest, I don’t bother inputting veggies like lettuce, broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes etc…they are just not worth counting since they aren’t very calorie dense.

I use it like the people above - just a rough estimation and macro break down.

If you’re really worried about that stuff create a custom broccoli and put all the values in yourself.

FitDay.com is really a great tool.

[quote]Digity wrote:
I’m finding Fit Day a little inaccurate…what are your thoughts?

For instance, I put in 1.5 cups of cooked broccoli and it says it has 136 calories and 8 grams of fat…that’s news to me. Both those numbers should be lower, especially the fat.[/quote]

Hey Digity,

Fwiw, I used to use fitday, and found myself sometimes questioning it’s accuracy also. I since switched over to nutritionaldata.com, and like it much better. Format, and ease of operation/accuracy, look better to me. Just my opinion though.

Good luck.

Their generic foods are usually off. I always put in custom foods for what I eat.

Well, I figured out the broccoli thing…turns out I set serving to “cup” but it should have been “cup, floweret”…didn’t notice that second cup serving option.

Still, I don’t think it’s as accurate as I’d like.

I’ll have a look-see at nutritionaldata.com

However, my diet for the next 8 weeks will be pretty simple and somewhat set in stone so I think I could get away with pen and paper…or just add my own entries to fitday.

Another fitday tip is to enter as much of your own data as possible.

If you have a food with a label, take the 3 minutes and “Add New Food”. If you’re like many, you tend to buy the same brands of foods, so you only need to enter it once and you know that it applies directly to you or whatever brand food you use.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Another fitday tip is to enter as much of your own data as possible.

If you have a food with a label, take the 3 minutes and “Add New Food”. If you’re like many, you tend to buy the same brands of foods, so you only need to enter it once and you know that it applies directly to you or whatever brand food you use.[/quote]

Yes, I’m going to sit down and do this for all the main stuff I buy.