Is Eating Something Better Than Nothing?

sometimes at work i cant eat every 3 hours so what i do is eat an ounce serving of either almonds or cashews with some fiber tabs, i dont have any more protein powder and i dont think ill be getting any any time soon as im broke.

i see it as being better than nothing, i make every meal 300kcal give or take 20, chould i just bump um the ounce to maybe 1.5 or 2?

i eat this and then i get my break about 2 hour later. the only thing that gets me is that its mostly fat and not much protein, will this make me more fat? its a desk job

Nuts have some protein too. Can you afford some beef jerky? Drink milk with your snack? String cheese?

Actually keep in mind that basic protein powder (like Grow!) is quite cheap per serving. Even if you add in less than a scoop it’ll help bump up your protein content without breaking the bank.

I agree, I think nuts would be more expensive than a cheap whey. Heck, I’d go get a 10 dollar bodyfortress jug from Walmart before I’d go without.

No, eating fat does not equal gaining fat. Fat is a better choice than simple carbs, especially if its coming from good sources like nuts. Fats digest and absorb slowly so they are less likely to spike blood sugar levels and cause fat storage (they are however calorie dense). In addition, your body actually needs some of the fatty acids to be able to metabolize fat in your body.

Agreed, protein powder is much cheaper than nuts or beef jerky.

cans of tuna, cheap basic protein powder are cheap sources of protein

stock up on those tyson canned chicken breast. I know walmart around me sells them for about .85 cents a can and there is 27 grams of protien in it. Also, you can find cheap whey protien for about $4 a lb

If you have access to a fridge or can bring a small cooler, hard boiled eggs are great. I usually keep a dozen or so in the fridge at work.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
If you have access to a fridge or can bring a small cooler, hard boiled eggs are great. I usually keep a dozen or so in the fridge at work. [/quote]

This is probably the highest quality source of protein for the least amount of money. Shit, eggs have everything you need: fat+protein a few vitamins, cholesterol for test production (oversimplified i know). 6g protein for a large egg and where i am they cost about $3/18 eggs which comes out to about 17 cents per 6g protein. the canned chicken would come out to about 19 cents. don’t know about the whey but Grow! is pretty cheap. eggs seem better because you can cook a shit ton of them at once and then when you are ready to eat them you don’t have to break out a shaker bottle, pour the water, shake, wait for it to stop foaming and then drink. you can just pop the eggs one by one. good call analog_kid i forgot how much boiled eggs rule.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I agree, I think nuts would be more expensive than a cheap whey. Heck, I’d go get a 10 dollar bodyfortress jug from Walmart before I’d go without.

No, eating fat does not equal gaining fat. Fat is a better choice than simple carbs, especially if its coming from good sources like nuts. Fats digest and absorb slowly so they are less likely to spike blood sugar levels and cause fat storage (they are however calorie dense). In addition, your body actually needs some of the fatty acids to be able to metabolize fat in your body.[/quote]

yeah i can but ALL the beef jerkey that i see has sugars in it. what would be the best kind?

i hate hard boiled eggs by the way, i just cant eat them.

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:
i hate hard boiled eggs by the way, i just cant eat them.[/quote]

That is probably the only down side. If you can’t stomach them, they aren’t of much use to you!

theres no way i could do that.