Is DIY hCG Doable?

I’ve been on TRT treatment until recently, I was out of the country and dropped off it for just short of 3 months. Now that I’m back I want to get back on it. I’ve changed doctors and have found one that will both follow my E2 levels and let me do my own injections (not too much to ask IMHO, my previous 2 docs would only do one or the other).

This new doc tells me the state medical boards (Texas) really hassle doctors prescribing hCG (I guess it’s also used for weight loss in some not so legit clinics?) and that’s probably why I’ve had such problems getting someone to prescribe it for me. When I asked what he does for patients who want to have kids he told me he has them stop TRT.

So, can I DIY hCG? From the sticky “TRT: Protocol for Injections” it suggests 250iu hCG SC EOD - what needs to be monitored to know that’s right? Should I tell the doc I’m DIYing it, or just let the lab work guide him to the right TT levels?

Can I get hCG via an international pharmacy?

Am I stupid for considering this? I did see what seemed to me to be a significant degree of shrinkage previously, but then I might not be the most unbiased of observers - I don’t want anything shrinking down there.

Here’s a link to my previous thread with my lab work numbers: http://tinyurl.com/a2fwz95

Ask compounding pharmacies for a referral to a doc that prescribes hCG to TRT guys.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Ask compounding pharmacies for a referral to a doc that prescribes hCG to TRT guys.[/quote]

I’m assuming you’re suggesting I swap all the TRT work over to the doc that’s willing to prescribe hCG, right?

Yes, if you have copies. There is no reason to redo labs if current. Might be other labs that a new doc would also want to have done.

ALT/AST were a problem. Legacy of hep-A or hep-A still in business?

What are you waking and mid afternoon body oral temperatures?

How do you react to major stress events?

[quote]KSman wrote:
Yes, if you have copies. There is no reason to redo labs if current. Might be other labs that a new doc would also want to have done.

ALT/AST were a problem. Legacy of hep-A or hep-A still in business?

What are you waking and mid afternoon body oral temperatures?

How do you react to major stress events?
[/quote]

I have had hep-A years ago, can I assume that explains the ALT/AST?

I’m going to start body temp monitoring - once upon waking before anything, then 3 hours later and then once more in the mid afternoon. I’ll post the results to my thread.

I have a fairly stressful job (major computer company, I’m the last rung on the ladder for getting customer issues fixed on business servers.) There always seems to be a $20M sale in the balance (or a hospital that can’t administer chemo for 5 hours!) driving the stress levels high, and a lot hinges on things out of my control. I’ve been diagnosed with a generalized anxiety disorder and have insomnia. Even when I’m on vacation (no work contact at all, I’m not responsible for anything) I still have this background level of anxiety that I can’t seem to shake or explain.

Stress: You are a candidate for adrenal fatigue. This can increase rT3 which blocks fT3. Your fT3 was above mid range. If your body temps are low, that would fit in this puzzle.

There is a “thyroid basics” sticky.

Well, I’ve yet to break 97.5 degrees - I’m running about 96 - 96.5 degrees typically on waking. I’ve read the thyroid sticky and will be buying Iodine supplements at the local health food store tomorrow. I’ll have to admit to already having some “yet to be diagnosed” GI tract issue where I already have the gas and lose stools you discribe, so I’m hoping it doesn’t make it much worse for me. I’ll keep tracking my temps and see if this brings them up, if not, from what I undertand I’ll want to have rT3 levels tested. I’ll post my last labs back onto my original thread - my HCT levels are high (54), so having had Hep A I’m having therapeutic phlebotomies done and he’s dropped the T injections to 100 mg / 10 days (I’m planning on working on persuading him to a more frequent SC injection protocol - and if he doesn’t agree I’ll just change to it without telling him).