Is Crossfit Racist?

I enjoy watermelon and cheese but not together

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I feels so oppressed right now.[/quote]

So you CAN speak black English!

I am so relieved.[/quote]
:slight_smile:

OP, even if you haven’t read the rest of the blog, the post you linked to is obviously racist. This isn’t about blacks complaining about crossfit, this is about a white guy claiming they do - essentially, the whole blog focuses on ridiculing black ‘complaints’ to delegitimise them.

In reality, I guess it is the way someone else said before me - most blacks either can’t afford a box membership and/or do not give a flying fuck.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
Everyone knows that black people get ripped at a playground in the hood while eating ramen and watermelon. They don’t need crossfit. [/quote]

I also thought this was a known fact. And in the winter we add Hot-sauce for the extra bulk.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
what isnt racist nowadays? [/quote]

Any Commercial with both Chicken and a Choir

No, it isn’t! I live in Queens, NY, which is 40% White (I think less at this point) and the most diverse community on earth (literally) and there are several Crossift gyms here. ALL kinds of people are accepted in ALL kinds of gyms here.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
No, it isn’t! I live in Queens, NY, which is 40% White (I think less at this point) and the most diverse community on earth (literally) and there are several Crossift gyms here. ALL kinds of people are accepted in ALL kinds of gyms here. [/quote]

It is the most ethnically diverse city in the country but only the 9th most racially diverse city. Regardless the point stands that cross fit has participants from all races.

Edit: Vallejo, CA, the most racially diverse city (diversity score of 96.9) has 4 crossfit gyms. California is also the second most diverse state in the country (second behind Hawaii) and has the most crossfit gyms per capita in the world.

Pretty sure this is a joke article or a white dude writing with tongue in cheek to purposely be racist. Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet. But yeah, pay no attention to the troll article.

[quote]Der_Steppenwolfe wrote:
I had a ‘thing’ for crossfit a while back. I have certain hangups about workouts. I like them to look good on paper.
While searching for unrelated crossfit info (if I’m doing something, I like to know what its enemies have to say), I stumbled across this:

I don’t know much about racism. I never saw a black man in person until I was 12. When I did, I knew from my father’s speeches at dinnertime that I was to treat him with the same courtesy that I would treat any other person. I may have made him a little uncomfortable by staring, but I didn’t mean to. His skin seemed beautiful in colour, and I couldn’t stop staring. I imagine he would have found this idea a bit weird. I don’t know if this makes me a racist. I hope not.

I was appalled by the idea that I was involved in something that harboured racist attitudes. I read the article, and it seemed to me that this was something that black people didn’t like, rather than something that didn’t like black people, but I couldn’t shake the suspicion that I’d done something wrong.

You see, in my view any organisation of significant size that does not have an active equal opportunities policy is part of the problem. No, hear me out. Any business- and crossfit is a business- that has a national, if not global, workforce and does not contain significant numbers of minorities should be looking at ways to redress this balance. You could also argue that crossfit constitutes an effort to ‘reclaim’ the higher levels of athletics for white people.

What the hell is going on here[/quote]

The reason why blacks are underrepresented in crosshit is because they usually belong to lower economic strata and can’t afford to shell out $300 a month for simple circuit-training gyms (oh sorry, muuuh BOX) that specialize on obnoxious attention-whoring and elitism without substance.

[quote]GivehertheD wrote:

The reason why blacks are underrepresented in crosshit is because theyre smart enough to realize that shelling out $300 a month for simple circuit-training gyms (oh sorry, muuuh BOX) that specialize on obnoxious attention-whoring and elitism without substance is stupid
[/quote]

fixed

You see, in my view any organisation of significant size that does not have an active equal opportunities policy is part of the problem. No, hear me out. Any business- and crossfit is a business- that has a national, if not global, workforce and does not contain significant numbers of minorities should be looking at ways to redress this balance. You could also argue that crossfit constitutes an effort to ‘reclaim’ the higher levels of athletics for white people.

What the hell is going on here[/quote]

Most people are morons and they always have been. This is simply an example of too many morons buying into so called white privilege.

Your question was also answered well in this post:

[quote]scarradine wrote:
So it depends on what the person is into.
[/quote]

It’s really rather simple but the gullible no longer want to face reality. Large groups of people that evolved in very different places of the earth exhibit large differences between each group. Men and women have a critical difference in their DNA and a significant difference in hormone levels. These things are obvious to just about everyone when you look at ANY athletic event, yet for some reason it is denied when it comes to non-athletic talent and interests.

This isn’t to say that there are large variations amongst individual groups that are going to produce outliers, but when examining groups the statistics are not deniable.

Why do Jews dominate the financial and media industry?
Why do descendants from a small pocket in West Africa dominate sprints?
Why do Eastern Europeans dominate strength events?
Why do females dominate nursing and education?
Why do white and East Asian males dominate STEM fields?

Stereotypes exist for a reason folks. To deny the simple truths is to deny yourself intellectual honesty.

[quote]GivehertheD wrote:
The reason why blacks are underrepresented in crosshit is because they usually belong to lower economic strata and can’t afford to shell out $300 a month for simple circuit-training gyms (oh sorry, muuuh BOX) that specialize on obnoxious attention-whoring and elitism without substance.[/quote]

LOLZ

Yeah…that’s why all the guys in the hood avoid it…bills.

I never saw a black man in person until I was 12. [/quote]
That’s pretty crazy.

Crazy, but true- it’s a bit more mixed now, but not much. A few nice Polish families moved in lately. Given what the locals think of immigrants in general, I hate to think what they’d make of one with different coloured skin.

You see, in my view any organisation of significant size that does not have an active equal opportunities policy is part of the problem. No, hear me out. Any business- and crossfit is a business- that has a national, if not global, workforce and does not contain significant numbers of minorities should be looking at ways to redress this balance.

[/quote]

Why?

You know what’s funny about that article is he calls Crossfit “very conservative” whereas from my perspective it’s like the trendy, liberal way to work out.

[quote]csulli wrote:
You know what’s funny about that article is he calls Crossfit “very conservative” whereas from my perspective it’s like the trendy, liberal way to work out.[/quote]

It makes girls look hot, ergo conservative.

Plus, it actually WORKS at making girls look hot, which is unlike any lets make the world better liberal programm ever.

The way I see it, a state might have certain obligations regarding the treatment of its citizens, but so does a company regarding the treatment of its employees. If the proportion of minorities within its ranks is not representative of the local population, and it has sufficient resources to ensure that it is, one has to suspect the attitudes of the people who are hiring them.

The way I see it, a state might have certain obligations regarding the treatment of its citizens, but so does a company regarding the treatment of its employees. If the proportion of minorities within its ranks is not representative of the local population, and it has sufficient resources to ensure that it is, one has to suspect the attitudes of the people who are hiring them.[/quote]

The hire the people most qualified for the job because they want to make money?