Is Chrysin An Anti-Estrogen Supplement?

Cy,

I have a quick question for you I purchased some Alpha Male from T-Nation but I forgot to get some M to go with it. I don’t want to wait for shipping again so I went to the local vitamin place and picked up a product called Chrysin made by afi (americas’s finest Inc). They tell me it is an anit-estrogen product. Is this an OK product to use until I purchase my next order of Alpha Male and M? Could you tell me what would be a good dosage? The supplement fact are 100% pure chrysin (5.7 dihydroxyflavone) 250mg.

Thank you

[quote]MrPD wrote:
Cy,

I have a quick question for you I purchased some Alpha Male from T-Nation but I forgot to get some M to go with it. I don’t want to wait for shipping again so I went to the local vitamin place and picked up a product called Chrysin made by afi (americas’s finest Inc). They tell me it is an anit-estrogen product. Is this an OK product to use until I purchase my next order of Alpha Male and M? Could you tell me what would be a good dosage? The supplement fact are 100% pure chrysin (5.7 dihydroxyflavone) 250mg.

Thank you[/quote]

Hi MrPD,

Chrysin, despite promising in vitro data many years ago, never demonstrated any significant in vivo activity due to extremely poor oral bioavailability. In short, I would get a refund.

Also, as I explained before, there’s no reason you can’t use Alpha Male without M or any other anti-estrogen product.

Hope that helps.

that is what universal nutrition has always used in thier animal products.
as for if it works, i don’t think so.

I think what he is prolly talking about is how people use M on off days from Alpha Male. Like the 5 on 2 off split, use M on the two off days.

I have seen plain old vitex sold in stores, however its probably crappy quality and it also doesnt have some of M’s other ingredients as well. Either way, get a refund.

There was a related thread the other day in which I posted a study abstract on this topic.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=794610