Is Bodybuilding Good for Bones?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
You seem determined to read me wrong and provoke an argument. Fair enough if that’s your thing, but I’m not really into it. I’m not ‘taking a stance’ or ‘promoting a message’ or whatever, to the readers here, I am just presenting facts as I understand them. I don’t have a ‘position’ as you seem to.

What I am trying to say, despite what you may be interpreting from my text, is that pre ‘bone maturity’ it is entirely possible to increased bone mineral density. However, once you have past the threshold, nothing you can do naturally will increase your bone mineral density. You can only slow the gradual decline.

OF COURSE I would advocate sensible weight lifting to almost EVERYONE, whether they be young or old.

This discussion isn’t about that. The title of the thread is “Is bodybuilding good for bones?” The answer is an almost unequivocal YES. However it’s not as simple as that.

I thought I would highlight some of the more technical issues. You obviously don’t appreciate that. Whatever.

You also seem to take issue with my critical analysis of your ‘bone pain’. Your experience is far from unique. Others (including myself) have experienced this and analysed it, seeking the truth.

If you want to assume that the simplest explanation is the best, then go for it. Occams razor would aggree with you. At one stage in my life I would have agreed with you.

Now that I understand more about the body than I did at that point, I would be inclined to say “I don’t know for sure, but the evidence would suggest otherwise”. But if you want to stick with absolute certainty, then that is entirely your descision.

Bushy[/quote]

Dude, are you going to be OK?