Is Bodybuilding a Sport?

Where can I get some of this Prof X meat sauce?

[quote]Ironman1234 wrote:
I’m sorry, but bodybuilding being an art?
aww, c’mon guys.
lol[/quote]

[quote]want2getlean wrote:

[quote]Freaky_Frankie wrote:
Yeah right, just because Wikipedia says so BB is not a sport? Come on.[/quote]

Yup, lol @ that
While I agree with Bodybuilding not being a sport, lol at drawing conclusions from WIKI-FUCKING-PEDIA.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I could care less.[/quote]

About the English language you sure couldn’t.
[/quote]

point and laugh! POINT AND LAUGH!!!

aww, c’mon guys.
lol[/quote]

I see it more as form of art. The body is like a canvass and you can sculpt it anyway you want. NO??

Ten bucks says that the OP’s next thread will be about having trouble finding jeans that fit him!!!

[quote]dshroy wrote:
Ten bucks says that the OP’s next thread will be about having trouble finding jeans that fit him!!![/quote]

We had a jeans thread recently. Next in the rotation is a Shakeweight thread, then ‘Synthol Douche’. After that it’ll be time to pay a visit to Planet Fitness again, then back to “is bodybuilding a sport?” .

That’s what the Mayan calendar says, anyway…

[quote]dshroy wrote:
Ten bucks says that the OP’s next thread will be about having trouble finding jeans that fit him!!![/quote]

The main site I belong to has that thread pop up every other month. The OP never post pics but his legs are SOOO big that he can’t find pants to fit!!! Please!!

[quote]Pitbullz wrote:

aww, c’mon guys.
lol[/quote]

I see it more as form of art. The body is like a canvass and you can sculpt it anyway you want. NO??[/quote]

Anyway. In bodybuilding the thing is to get big all over conserving well the aesthetic body proportions. I don’t see how that has to do with expression. And if we go that way, then what isn’t art?.
As I said, i love bodybuilding. I just think it’s inane to categorize bodybuilding as “art”, even though, it’s awsome.
That canvas analogy, lol! :wink:

[quote]dshroy wrote:

oops

[quote]dshroy wrote:

My main site has one on those jeans thread pop up every few mths. The OP never posts pics, but his legs are SOOO massive that he can no longer find pants to fit!! HA!!!

[quote]dshroy wrote:

My main site has one on those my jeans don’t fit me thread pop up every few mths. His legs are SO massive that he can’t find jeans that fit him, but he doesn’t have any pics! LOL!!!

[quote]dshroy wrote:

Just what I was going to say. Thing is, it makes my upper body look underdeveloped. =(
Meaby if I skip leg work and run for distance they would trim.
That or crossfit.

I don’t have a camera. Wtf can I do?[/quote]

Nothing.

Literally nothing. It’s pretty much over the moment in 2012 you can’t find a camera. They’ve pretty much installed a camera into damn near everything from dolls to watches. I probably threw away 3 cameras today without knowing it.

But look on the bright side…that is what makes you a special snow flake.

I know. It sucks =(

But joking aside, I’ll take a pic.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]dshroy wrote:

We had a jeans thread recently. Next in the rotation is a Shakeweight thread, then ‘Synthol Douche’. After that it’ll be time to pay a visit to Planet Fitness again, then back to “is bodybuilding a sport?” .

That’s what the Mayan calendar says, anyway…[/quote]

Not sure if you’re actually implying that synthol use shouldn’t be publicly ridiculed.

aww, c’mon guys.
lol[/quote]

It is an art. Bodybuilding follows the basic tenets of art (balance, proportion, composition). Muscle is the medium. It’s no different in that regard than, say, working in clay.

I think it’s quite different the body from a piece of clay.
Think about it. You train to get bigger muscles. That’s it.
Not everything aesthetic is art. That’s like saying creating a nice spreadsheet on excel is art because it looks pretty and balanced.
If we go that way, well. Creating this forum was art. And so is everything.

I don’t think anything which requires judgment is a sport. I’d say powerlifting is more of a sport then bodybuilding, that’s for sure.

Still, that’s NOT a reason NOT to body build if you love it. I mean who give a f— in the grand scheme of things?

Lol no.

I guess no one watched that video I posted with Arnold, Zane and Ed Corney posing in an exhibition at the Whitney museum.

There’s definitely an element of art to BB.