Is Biotest That Good?

Compared to its competitors? I live in Israel and the shipping costs are really high, about 50$, and I was wondering whether it is worth it. We do have GNC and Ultimate Nutrition, Optimum, MRM, and some others, and while the prices are higher than the Biotest store, it’s easier to get.

ON is more expensive then Biotest? wow.

Why not save up like a grand, and buy a large order?

Yeah there is some weird taxing on some commodities down here. And I would have wanted to try it out first… I don’t have a financial problem, but I’ve never seriously used supplements.

[quote]SeanT wrote:

Why not save up like a grand, and buy a large order?[/quote]

I like Biotest products and have supported them when I can but are you serious? 1,000 dollars on supps?

Personally, I think the proprietary supplements of Biotest are much better than most. The dietary supplements are good. I do believe that Surge is the best post-workout drink. But you can make your own that’s almost exactly the same. Be ready for that to taste like ass though.

I’ve used some of the other supps from a local shop and was just plain disappointed.

Biotests do what they say they will, contain what they say they do, and the flavored ones are tasty.

You can’t beat that.

i usually have a lot of whey protein (optimum whey) after a workout. what makes Surge such better product ingrediant/result wise for a post workout drink?

[quote]scottiscool wrote:
SeanT wrote:

Why not save up like a grand, and buy a large order?

I like Biotest products and have supported them when I can but are you serious? 1,000 dollars on supps? [/quote]

Buy half a cow and toss in the freeze!

[quote]GDwarrior wrote:
i usually have a lot of whey protein (optimum whey) after a workout. what makes Surge such better product ingrediant/result wise for a post workout drink?[/quote]

See John Berardi’s Solving the Post-Workout Puzzle Parts 1 & 2 for an indepth explanation of the science behind Surge Recovery.

http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=788651
http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=606793

The thing with Biotest is that the good stuff / bullshit ratio is unusually high.

No supplement is magic, but the stuff that they make, are usually very good.

So yeah, if supplements are important to you, give them a try.

I live in Canada and it costs an arm and a leg for Biotest stuff here, compared with other products. I’ve used it in the past and loved it (Grow! in particular).

I’m now using Dymatize Elite protein as I can get the stuff in 10lb box (which I wish they would do with Grow! by the way).

My wife will buy other protein powders as they’re much more reasonable than Grow!, then bail on using them as they taste like drywall mud. Just the other day I was asking her if she’s still using her protein and I got this sad look and she said it doesn’t taste like Grow!

Needless to say I’ll have to buy her some Grow!, but damn I wish it came in bigger sizes, as it would hopefully reduce the cost per serving here in Canada.

[quote]ellford wrote:
Needless to say I’ll have to buy her some Grow!, but damn I wish it came in bigger sizes, as it would hopefully reduce the cost per serving here in Canada.[/quote]

As far as our products are concerned, shipping costs are largely dependent on weight. As such, it wouldn’t make a difference whether you ordered five 2 pound bottles or one 10 pound bottle.

Biotest is good but a bit pricey, yet I pay the price because of all the good info I get out of this site.

when people say they like Biotest better than lets say optimum whey protein, is this just preference or are the ingrediants really more helpful when it comes to lifting and growing? when i look at the amount of protein and the other stuff they seem quite similar but maybe im missing something

[quote]GDwarrior wrote:
when people say they like Biotest better than lets say optimum whey protein, is this just preference or are the ingrediants really more helpful when it comes to lifting and growing? when i look at the amount of protein and the other stuff they seem quite similar but maybe im missing something[/quote]

It’s not necessarily the amount of protein, but the quality. I’ve bought the cheap stuff from Walmart and recently started using Metabolic Drive and Surge. There’s no comparison. Biotest products and AST’s VP2 protein are the only I’ll ever buy again.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Biotest is good but a bit pricey, yet I pay the price because of all the good info I get out of this site. [/quote]

agreed.

I have not found a better protein than what Biotest makes. And believe me, I have tried many, many, from the bottom price range to the top. There are only a slim few that compare to Biotest’s in quality, taste, and price. Add those to them having this site, and can easily get info on their products gives me solid trust in Biotest.

I can relate to Mosho.

I am in India, and it gets very expensive to have products imported here. But nutrition has been my weak point, so I am looking around and most likely will order some Biotest products in future.

Have to try them once.