Is All Ground Beef Ok?

I’m trying to do a fairly clean bulk (limited fat gains with about 2 to 3 lbs muscle gained/month). I’ve eaten so much regular ground beef that I’ve gotten sick of it. Is there anything wrong with lean ground pork, lamb, and veal?

Ground turkey is really good. Bison burgers and lamburgers are also pretty good.

[quote]ExNole wrote:
Ground turkey is really good. Bison burgers and lamburgers are also pretty good. [/quote]
Thanks; I’ll give those a try too.

if you are near a Denningers, you can score buffalo and ostrich burgers from time to time. i used to walk from McMaster to the store in downtown hamilton and load up my backpack and walk home. GPP and game meat all in one fell swoop.

try getting a bunch of chicken legs and firing them in the oven for 70-80 minutes at 325 fahrenheit. put some spices on top and fire it in the oven, you can easily make 6 at once. if you are going for more of a P+F meal, leave the skin on, if you want less fat, remove it before baking. this is even less work than grilling meat on the stovetop. same thing with breast on the bone with the skin on, comes out around the same nutrient levels as the skinless legs and fat is not too high.

buying with skin and bone can reduce the price to near that of the legs, since all the dipshits trying to eat low fat diets bid up the price of the skinless boneless breast above what the extra value added really is. if you want to skin it, it is easy, just put on gloves (i have no choice, can’t wash hands too much due to detergent allergies), dish gloves are the best, and with your hands you can quickly tear the fat away from the meat. after you have the main part removed, you can get the remaining with a small sharp knife. it takes 5 minutes and you can save $5 if you are making 5 or 6 at once.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
if you are near a Denningers, you can score buffalo and ostrich burgers from time to time. i used to walk from McMaster to the store in downtown hamilton and load up my backpack and walk home. GPP and game meat all in one fell swoop.

try getting a bunch of chicken legs and firing them in the oven for 70-80 minutes at 325 fahrenheit. put some spices on top and fire it in the oven, you can easily make 6 at once. if you are going for more of a P+F meal, leave the skin on, if you want less fat, remove it before baking. this is even less work than grilling meat on the stovetop. same thing with breast on the bone with the skin on, comes out around the same nutrient levels as the skinless legs and fat is not too high.

buying with skin and bone can reduce the price to near that of the legs, since all the dipshits trying to eat low fat diets bid up the price of the skinless boneless breast above what the extra value added really is. if you want to skin it, it is easy, just put on gloves (i have no choice, can’t wash hands too much due to detergent allergies), dish gloves are the best, and with your hands you can quickly tear the fat away from the meat. after you have the main part removed, you can get the remaining with a small sharp knife. it takes 5 minutes and you can save $5 if you are making 5 or 6 at once.[/quote]

Thanks; I don’t think I live near a Denningers but I’ll get some chicken legs. I never heard of Ostrich burgers! I’ll keep my eyes out for them, though.

Eating beef thats higher in fat isn’t going to magically give you two fat rolls on your lower waist over night. Calories is what matters. You can clean bulk on full fat beef and lamb and not gain much fat if you’re eating just enough calories for growth. Trust me, being too anal about your diet when you’re bulking isn’t going to give you the results you want…anytime soon.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Eating beef thats higher in fat isn’t going to magically give you two fat rolls on your lower waist over night. Calories is what matters. You can clean bulk on full fat beef and lamb and not gain much fat if you’re eating just enough calories for growth. Trust me, being too anal about your diet when you’re bulking isn’t going to give you the results you want…anytime soon.[/quote]

Yeah, I was just wondering if there was anything unhealthy in those meats. I didn’t know until I read the other thread that hot dogs had a lot of nitrates. So I thought I’d ask about these meats.