T Nation

Is All Casein Sticky?

I’ve bought two brands of casein powder and both are really sticky. It’s hard to get it off of the blender and glasses. Is all casein this sticky and you just have to deal with it?

Which kind(s) of casein did you buy? Hydrolyzed? Calcuim Caseinate? Micellar Casein? Metabolic Drive has the micellar casein in the mix and I’ve never had a problem with it sticking.

Most casein powders are sticky. I stopped using them a long time ago and just bought egg whites as a medium/slow protein source. Alternatively, you could buy egg protein or add cottage cheese to shakes.

i use a shaker bottle and add a little more water when done, shake it again to get the residue.

for those intent on using a blender, mix all the other parts of your shake first, then while the blender is on, add the powder through the hole in the top, this should help with the clumps sticking to the side.

Easy.
It may be a little sticky,but there are ways around it.
Say you’re mixing it with milk.
First,put the milk in the blender and turn it on.
While your blender is on with the milk in it,then add in the scoop or two of your casein powder.
Adding the powder in while the blender is on will help it not to stick on the sides so much.
I love casein shakes because they’re thicker than whey. Nothings gonna keep me from my casein shakes.

I’ll give you some sticky protein…

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Easy.
While your blender is on with the milk in it,then add in the scoop or two of your casein powder.
Adding the powder in while the blender is on will help it not to stick on the sides so much.
I love casein shakes because they’re thicker than whey. Nothings gonna keep me from my casein shakes.[/quote]

YUP to above

and yes they are sticky and thicker. Also added to something acidic (orange Juice) will make big ole curdles like cottage cheese hence “curds and whey” and what makes casien slower sustained digestion. :slight_smile:

In an instantised blend like Metabolic Drive MUCH less of a problem with the sticky and mixing, but with pure casein yes

Phill

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Easy.
I love casein shakes because they’re thicker than whey. Nothings gonna keep me from my casein shakes.[/quote]

Thanks! I’ll give that a try.