Is a Whey/Maltodextrin Shake Beneficial?

My situation:
I’m trying to bulk and as always eating enough is a problem.
With 5 meals a day of pretty clean food in the last 3 weeks i ve been at the same weight all this time.

I suspected i need to add more carbs and protein to most of my meals.
So this is what i started doing - I got a tub of maltodextrin powder (47g carbs per scoop)
and I would eat my regular meal which is usually some kinda eggs/beef/chicken/fish with rice/potatoes/whole wheat bread combination…then after id quickly drink a scoop of whey and a scoop or maltodextrin to add to it. Sometimes if time is a constraint id just combine 2 scoops of each for a quick fix so i dont miss any meals.

Would this type of mix in one sitting (with or without a meal) be beneficial in aiding weight gain?
Also if you are wondering why i don’t just add a weightgainer instead - the maltodextrin powder barely has any taste and its like drinking a glass of water while i cant stand a thick and usualy shitty tasting weightgain powder after a filling meal…plus they upset my stomach most of the time.
Also this tub of straight carbs is much more money friendly.

Thanks for any advice

Yes if it contributes to having more calories.

Maltodextrin is a quickly digested and absorbed carbohydrate, which means it would be better to consume around your workout. There are plenty of other whole food items you can add to your shake, such as oatmeal, natural nut butters, olive oil.

I just don’t think its necessarily a good idea to be spiking your insulin throughout the day with the use of maltodextrin when your simply looking for a way to add calories.

What are the negatives of having these insulin spikes more often?

Also I realize it would be better to just have more whole food but there is just no way I can fit anymore in on most ococasions. I’ve tried overeating but i can only tough it out for so long before I get sick of it and lose my appetite.
What’s a good alternative for extra cals that would be easy to take in after a filling meal.

[quote]commi wrote:

Also I realize it would be better to just have more whole food but there is just no way I can fit anymore in on most ococasions. I’ve tried overeating but i can only tough it out for so long before I get sick of it and lose my appetite.
What’s a good alternative for extra cals that would be easy to take in after a filling meal.
[/quote]

Did you read what the poster above wrote? He answered your question.

Constantly spiking insulin (besides first thing when you wake up, and during/after workout) encourages your body to store allt hat excess energy as fat, since it gets digested so quickly; your body doesn’t need it all at that time, so it saves it for later…as fat. You’d be better off throwing eggs, olive oil, and whole milk in there, much better for blood sugar levels. And they’re actually useful calories, not empty ones.

[quote]commi wrote:

[/quote]

EDIT: double post