Is a One-Arm Pull-Up Achievable with Average Genetics?

Can I be honest with you flappinit? I’m gonna be sincere dude. I wanted it to be my main goal for upper-body but… I hate to admit this, but I got seduced by one of the articles about building a great back. Forget abs, if I really wanna stand out in a beach crowd, I should work on building a freaky back. I just train my upper-body for show. It’s my legs that I train with a sincere passion. Squats everyday like I said on a previous post.

But thanks for your honesty man.

You can. In fact, that’s all I could ask for. I never have a problem with someone saying “fuck it, THIS is what I want.” The answer to the question this post was founded on remains a resounding Yes, but it’s a conditional Yes. As long as you understand that, you can attack it another time.

1 Like

[quote=“wanna_be, post:49, topic:269750, full:true”] Talking chin up or pull up
[/quote]

When you’re only using one hand, there is no difference.

I’m really confused by your main goal? Is it a big squat, being a great boxer, having a big, freaky looking back or one armed pull ups?

These two statements are completely contradictory, I assume you’re aware of that.

I mean this with no ill will, but if you haven’t already achieved some pretty incredible things, you will never be a powerlifting/boxing champion. Neither will I, neither will the vast majority of people on this site. It shouldn’t even be something on your radar.

If a three-legged cat in a box in a forest does a one-armed pull-up, but forgets to video it an post it to Instagram…does that cat have great genetics?

1 Like

Can the cat also bench 350lbs? And do you have a picture of it holding a shoe?

3 Likes

Dude, you already know that only 1% of the 1% of cats can bench 350.

3 Likes

And 1% of those can tie their own shoes

this confused the shit out of me…

I could do half a rep when I was about 14, but I only weighed around 70 KG back then.
If I really cared, I probably could have worked towards doing a full rep.

Now I weigh around 113 KG, I know I’d have to work extremely hard to be able to do it & the effort required versus the reward doesn’t make it worth it.

To answer your question.

Yes.

1 Like

I am just curious…

How does this work? Wouldn’t this be a problem for a boxer?

1 Like

Obviously, he only has one arm. Explains everything.

3 Likes

Ahhhh! I see.The ole one arm boxer routine.

Def Leppard made it work.

Pun intended?

1 Like

As you can tell, I’ve never tried or thought I could do this :joy:. So no matter wether you start pronated or supinate you end up using the same muscles? Is it more of a bicep move?

It’s more a case of not having a second point of contact with which to orient your body. Try hanging from a bar with one hand and twisting your body one way or another so your wrist is either supinated or prompted, it’s much, much more difficult than with two hands.

Improves masturbation…

… I’m told.

3 Likes

Same here. My half is the eccentric.

3 Likes
2 Likes

All you bros who will mess with 1 arm chins, Watch Out for Your Biceps!

The way your body twists away can put a hellacious stretch/strain on that arm meat.

5 Likes