Is a Clean Low-Carb Bulk Possible?

Heh, what do you have against carbs benmoore? I’m curious because from what I understand pre/post workout one always whats to spike their insulin. Also from what I’ve read glucose/dextrose powder is the most easily absorbed sugar possible, so for my bad stomach it should be fine.

And thanks for the suggestion hardgnr, but Lancey is right. If I stayed inside on the carb-up days it might work, but the problem is that if I have a bad day, the residual effects last up to a week. Hence the no-cheat low carbing. I know its impossible that I have a “carb malabsorption” problem, but (sry if I sound like a broken record) since low-carb has been the only thing to fix me I’m being overzealous on purpose.

how are you low carbers dealing with peri-workout nutrition? also your morning meal?

[quote]dexslave wrote:
Heh, what do you have against carbs benmoore? I’m curious because from what I understand pre/post workout one always whats to spike their insulin. Also from what I’ve read glucose/dextrose powder is the most easily absorbed sugar possible, so for my bad stomach it should be fine.

And thanks for the suggestion hardgnr, but Lancey is right. If I stayed inside on the carb-up days it might work, but the problem is that if I have a bad day, the residual effects last up to a week. Hence the no-cheat low carbing. I know its impossible that I have a “carb malabsorption” problem, but (sry if I sound like a broken record) since low-carb has been the only thing to fix me I’m being overzealous on purpose.[/quote]

Leucine, bcaas, etc. will all raise insulin levels.

Glutamine will help with glycogen.

CT talks about ways to spike insulin a lot in his Thib Zone.

My peri-workout nutrition is just lacking currently…