Is 50mg per Week Too Low? My Doc Doesn’t Think So.

Are you getting your T from Empower pharmacy in Houston??

San Francisco Bay Area. I get my Test from https://www.worldwideintegrative.com/. It’s a legit place so it’s damn expensive, but I’m learning so much. I have a far cheaper, no-so-legit source I can get from once I’m comfortable with monitoring my health myself. I don’t know anyone in-person to teach me so this place is where I’m getting educated about T. Just want to be safe. The plan is to go off on my own in April since I’m stable with 380mg a week.

Your testosterone levels are that of and elder man, president Trump scores higher at 450 ng/dL, testosterone levels decline as we age and you’re already lower than you should be at your age. SHBG binds testosterone, estrogen, thyroid hormones and insulin, it’s the single most import test a doctor could run when considering TRT, you likely won’t find a knowledgeable doctor under insurance, most are a bunch of ignorant doctors.

Most sick care doctors are stupid when it comes to male hormone health, not knowing anything following the endocrine society guidelines defining low testosterone below 300 ng/dL, what you doctor is doing since he knows nothing is following guidelines do to lack of knowledge.

If your doctor did his homework he would have found out based on your age where the average man is scoring testosterone wise, sadly most doctors have zero interest in becoming educated in male sex hormones, medical school only talks about sex hormones briefly and is basically ignore as sex hormone therapies aren’t profitable enough for them to consider offering TRT since it is low profitability.

Your is dosage is too low, you need to seek someone who sprecializes in TRT because your protocol is laughable and hints at the ignorance of your doctor!

50mg per week, you have got to be kidding me. Most men will end up somewhere close to 100mg weekly split up two or more times per week to keep levels steady or else you may experience lows 3-5 days after an injection. I inject 20mg every 2 days, or else I don’t respond well to TRT at all.

Your SHBG levels play a big role in which protocol is best for you.

1 Like

That’s when I was getting a backup supply from underground. Otherwise pharma no insurance is still cheap and well under 100$…

hey man,

On my prev post, I said I pay 400 for 2000mg/10ml vials. That’s not cheap. And I take 380mg a week.

Not trying to offend you, but you need to read.

Oh my bad I thought that was because it’s not prescribed and underground. I didn’t click the link.

What is this a clinic type place and there charging the 400$ for the trt as a whole! Is anything else given with that fee?

Try defy man. There much cheaper and so many the guys use them. I have a different provider but I’d use defy if not. You can get better service at half the cost :slight_smile:

Thanks and sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Defy only prescribes replacement doses, I find it hard to believe that Defy would deny you an 800 total testosterone simply because you are a hyper metabolizer and/or hyper-excreter.

I’m calling BS.

2 Likes

Ya I’m surprised … my provider would give you what you need to reach those levels.

I believe this. Defy does not want to be on the radar…
Business decision.

At the end of the day if his levels are within the normal ranges and all biomarkers are in the healthy ranges, I foresee no problems. All you do as a doctor is document that the patient likely hyper secretes testosterone at a faster rate than most, there are 24 hours urine test that can confirm hyper excreter status by measuring the concentration of testosterone in the urine and compare that with the amount found in the blood.

1 Like

Ya it’s making no sense.