Is 405 ng/dl T Levels Reason to be Concerned?

I’m 33 years old and I’m concerned about my levels being low. I know low is considered around 230 or so, but high is closer to 1,000. I was hoping to be above average like 600. Should I have concerns about gaining or keeping muscle? My libido is normal I guess. Memory has never been great. Mental fatigue started when I hit my thirties… Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Everything that was tested in my check up came back in the normal range. I can post those results if it would help.

Post results please.

It’s a cause for concern when you feel the symptoms.
I’m between the low and mid-300s and the symptoms are acute for me:

• Can’t put on much muscle
  • Losing strength despite the (small) muscle gains I can make
  • When I lose weight, seems to be equally fat and muscle, rather than primarily fat.

Because of all that, it’s clear that the nutrient-partitioning/anabolic effects of testosterone aren’t close to optimal.

The main symptom I have is libido though: it’s practically non-existent, despite being outrageous up to my mid-20s.

So if I were you and felt like my libido was normal and I wasn’t sure I had muscle keeping/gaining problems, I’d just…watch to see if you were building/keeping muscle when you dial in your workouts and nutrition. If not, move to the next steps. No matter what, it won’t hurt you to read through the forum stickies and everything KSman writes.

Need more labs unfortunately: t3, t4 rt3, estradiol,
LH, FSH, free t, bio avail t.

Also your total T levels are definitely low for your age. If I were you, I would spend your time and resources finding a Dr who will allow self injection, is open to use an AI if your E2 becomes too high and also hCG to preserve the function and form of your testes.

You can start by using google maps, identifying pharmacies and compounding pharmacies, call them and ask them to suggest a Dr that prescribes T, arimidex/anastrazole and hCG.

Please follow these links found in 2nd post of the 1st forum topic:

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones

Yes, do the labs suggested above.

Total cholesterol=180 is probably a better target. Cholesterol is important at the starting point for all of your steroid hormones, including cortisol and Vit-D.

Do you feel cold easier now?
Always used iodized salt?
Outer eyebrows sparse?
Dry skin?
General hair thinning?
Ever used any hair loss oral drugs?
Do you avoid social situations and is that a change?
Brain fog - yes
Loss of morning wood?

First off, thank you for your input. You’re the most respected poster on these forums. I don’t notice feeling colder. I do use iodized salt, but not much. Eyebrows are fine. Skin and hair are fine. I don’t have any changes socially.

I do have brain fog regularly. I wake up with morning wood maybe once a week. These are what concern me.

Question: Is it possible or likely that even though my t levels are only 405, that my free t and other hormones are at least average or higher than average?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer not only my questions, but helping out a lot of people.

PSA too