Is 38.70 pg/mL Normal?

I get erections on demand and I’m 46, my brother is 57 screwing like a rabbit and has no problems getting an erection on demand. I think you’re speak for yourself only and don’t know where you read that, it’s wrong.

Sounds like you’ve been living with this for so long you’ve accepted it as normal part of aging, you’d be wrong considering all the toxins we’re exposed to. If you’re will to accept a suboptimal life more power to you.

You wants facts, your below the average testosterone levels for your age, the average is 667 ng/dL.

whats 38.70 pg/mL in ng/dL ?

387 ng/dL, most guys here are seeking treatment below the 500 mark. Symptoms seem to start occurring below this point, first sadness and once you get below 350-400 erection troubles start.

Our 71 year old president has you beat at 446 ng/dL.

so if I went to the doctor and got it tested via blood work, and it came back at this level… what would they do ? probably nothing and just say I’m within normal range

it says average T levels for ages: 40 – 50 is 201 to 993 ng/dL

My guess is that most would say you are low normal, but normal for your age.

A knowledgeable doctor would offer TRT, an inexperienced doctor would say you’re normal.

Labs: - serum
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
CBC
hematocrit
TSH
fT3
fT4

Above defined in first sticky below.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

well I’m not going read too much into this result because its saliva based and who knows how tainted the samples were… I’ll probably go in to get blood work done and see.

Do walk in clinics do it?

Be wary of these clinics, often they have no clue what their doing. Go to Discount Lab and order tests yourself, insurance doctors will fight you on running required tests.

This sub topic should be refined with the context of what country/state you are in. In most USA states you can order your own labs via WWW.

It sounds like you’re trying to justify your levels as normal and that’s it’s normal for a 40 year old to not get boners like a guy in his 20’s. Low T affects the mind and forces men to accept less than optimal life, this makes a man submissive and uncaring that he isn’t optimal. Levels below 440 are where the diseases seem to hit men. You need to ignore a random websites and go based off studies.

I dunno if these results are accurate or not but if they are… There’s no reason why I should have low testosterone levels… I have no diseases… I’m on no medications… I’m perfectly healthy physically… I’m not overweight… I exercise regularly… I don’t get tired when exercising… I don’t eat bad…

Of course there’s a reason, genetics and the fact we live in a toxic environment. Food preservatives, pesticides, genetically engineered food, carbon emitting cars, drinking from plastic bottles.

Sperm count has dropped dramatically in the last 40 years. Just because you don’t see a reason doesn’t mean there’s not one.

1 Like

so what are you supposed to do… move to Alaska and live off the land?

Non western countries don’t have our problems, western lifestyles are to blame. Sperm count in these countries is unaffected.

1 Like

Trufax. The Western world, diet & lifestyle is riddled with toxins, ever since the petrochemical era. Animal agriculture has been twisted into a crazy chemical laiden factory, unrecognisable from pre 20th century life. Xenoestrogen in most of the things in an average house, many medications disrupt the hormone system - the list goes on.

It’s not normal for a man to rapidly decline when in a healthy environment. Much of the Western man’s decline with age is because of accumulating disease & toxins in the body.

Re Alaska - haha no - but there are loads of articles on T Nation about cleaning up xenoestrogens & other toxins from your environment.

A lot of it is easy too - eat organic - you literally are what you eat - rubbish in = rubbish out. What you eat is pretty much the most important thing you do. That helps put more expensive organic food in perspective. Stop using chemical cleaners in the house, air fresheners, get rid of plastic containers & replace with glass or BPA & phthalate free… don’t buy plastic bottled water etc etc.

The tags ‘testosterone optimisation’ show a lot of these articles. Here’s a good one

A doctor online told me that anything below 300 is considered low testosterone

So you’re going to ignore a study listed above and listen to some random online doctor about whether you’re low T or not, does this doctor really have any clue what he’s talking about? You don’t really know the answer, you need to do your own research and realise the ranges are purely statistical.

Your mindset suggest low T all in itself, accepting that a 40 year old shouldn’t be able to get an erection on demand as being normal. So sad.

I wish you the best of luck.

Do I look low T?.. I don’t lift weights often… like once a week for 40 minutes or so… maybe I should start lifting weights harder and it can boost T levels naturally

https://postimg.org/image/rdybf7l5n/