Irritating Aches and Pains

What about underhanded pullup?

Tell me about your work out . What excersizes do you do ? How often?

be carefull with MSM
when i took it a few years ago, my stomach didnt react well…
i had to stop taking it…
so ramp up slowly…

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Tell me about your work out . What excersizes do you do ? How often?[/quote]

OK:

Lift 2X’s week (full body), cardio 2-3 times 20 mins on non-lift days.

Main exercises per body part (only one exercise per bodypart per day):

CHest - Bench press and decline DB (did incline for years, trying to mix it up), 2 working sets.

Back - Bent BB rows and underhand weighted pull-ups (2 sets).

Shoulders - standing BB press and Arnold presses (2 sets).

Bicep - Machine preachers (only thing my elbow will tolerate right now), 3 sets.

Triceps - CG bench and skull crushers (3 sets).

Legs - Squats (20 reps), leg ext/leg curl.

Overall - Deadlifts for 8-10 reps (1 set).

I usually pick one exercize per bodypart and do 2-3 working sets. Next workout I do a different exercise. I have recently gotten rid of my heavy days as well as my 3rd day of lifting in order to let my body recover. Right now I keep the reps in the 8-12 range. For cardio I do 20 miuntes of HIIT on a treadmill then abs. Just started taking Fish Oil and Glucosamine. I’m 36, 5’8" and 180lbs with about 12% bodyfat.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

OK:

CHest - Bench press and decline DB (did incline for years, trying to mix it up), 2 working sets.

Bicep - Machine preachers (only thing my elbow will tolerate right now), 3 sets.

I usually pick one exercize per bodypart and do 2-3 working sets. Next workout I do a different exercise. I have recently gotten rid of my heavy days as well as my 3rd day of lifting in order to let my body recover. Right now I keep the reps in the 8-12 range. For cardio I do 20 miuntes of HIIT on a treadmill then abs. Just started taking Fish Oil and Glucosamine. I’m 36, 5’8" and 180lbs with about 12% bodyfat.

[/quote]

At a quick glance you are performing three movements that are well known shoulder and or elbow crushers!

I would never do Barbell Bench Pressing. Also, I would not do decline bench pressing of any sort. These two movements put a tremendous amount of pressure on your entire shoulder girdle.

I would also eliminate “Skull crushers” as they are not really crushing your skull, they’re crushing your elbows!

All of these can be replaced with better movements anyway. You’ll be missing nothing, except your aches and pains!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
PGJ wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

OK:

At a quick glance you are performing three movements that are well known shoulder and or elbow crushers!

I would never do Barbell Bench Pressing. Also, I would not do decline bench pressing of any sort. These two movements put a tremendous amount of pressure on your entire shoulder girdle.

I would also eliminate “Skull crushers” as they are not really crushing your skull, they’re crushing your elbows!

All of these can be replaced with better movements anyway. You’ll be missing nothing, except your aches and pains!
[/quote]

Thank you for the Info ZEB

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Okay pal, time for a little heads up reality info:

First of all if you are Bench Pressing at the age of 36 you are asking for shoulder problems. Bench Pressing is not a good movement unless you are built for it (big chest short arms).

Ditch it, you don’t need it.

Do Dumbbell Bench Pressing or Push-ups with feet elevated or with weightd for chest.

Secondly, if you don’t take the proper supplements you are a huge train wreck waiting to happen.

I’ll give you my list you can google each to see what it does for you:

Glucosamine (1,500 mg)

MSM (300 mg)

Boswella Extract (1000 mg)

Wobenzym (12 caplets)

Fish Oil (No less than 4 grams per day)

A top notch Green Drink. I like Green Magma but there are many good ones available.

In addition to this make sure you take a good multi vitamin. I like Twin Lab or Life Extension.

Thirdly, you need some serious active recovery.

I get a massage once per week. Yea, it’s expensive, but training is a priority so I spend the money.

I get in a cool pool three times per week. And a hot tub three times per week. It’s time consuming but I do it anyway.

I make sure that I get no less than 8 hours of sleep a night. This is a BIGGIE! Don’t underestimate the power of sleep to heal your body and mind.

I’m 49 and I’ve never been stronger and in better shape. If I get an injury I work around it and do everything I can to heal the injured area. And I don’t let it get me down emotionally. There are many people who would like to see you fail at whatever you are doing. They are negative, nasty and for the most part never did anything with their own body. Don’t you join them by getting down on yourself!

Smile man…life is good!

Finally, as I get older I get just a tad smarter so that makes up for an aging body, at least in part.

Don’t quit you have many more good years of training ahead of you, if you do all of the above …and more.

Like I told my wife just last night: They are going to have to carry me out of the Gym…

I’m going to lift heavy, hard and often. And I’m going to run, bike, swim and continue to do all of the things that got me where I am today!

I’m not giving up EVER!

You do the same!

:slight_smile:

Best Of Luck,

Zeb
[/quote]

Good post ZEB.

Although, even golf seems to require additional rest between rounds these days.

"At a quick glance you are performing three movements that are well known shoulder and or elbow crushers!

All of these can be replaced with better movements anyway. You’ll be missing nothing, except your aches and pains!"

Zeb,

What are your recommendations?

What are some recommendations for suitable substitutes?

Check out EC’s latest article:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1053531

This guy really knows what he’s talking about.