Irregular Heart Rate When Getting Fitter

Oh gagggggg, that looks like a piranha attack. And I was just about to have dinner.

Hope everything turns out OK.

[quote]cavalier wrote:
Oh gagggggg, that looks like a piranha attack. And I was just about to have dinner.

Hope everything turns out OK.
[/quote]

Better a piranha than a paku:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Well, I had the ablation Monday (procedure lasted about 2.5-3hrs) The consultant said there was ‘a lot to do’ he finished with a cardioversion which seems to have held (for now, Friday). He said not to be surprised if the AF returns and he expects to have to do a second ablation sometime (to be fair he has said this from day 1).
finding it painful to stand / walk too much as there is quite a bit of swelling, the bruising isn’t as bad as it looks though.
Feeling better![/quote]

You are not frail and old, he had to poke around a shit ton to find your artery.

I did warn you that when you get older you will probably end up with a pacemaker correct? [/quote]

You did! :slight_smile: hoping to put that off for a while.
Managed to walk a fair bit today (about an hour and 20 mins , slow pace with a couple of stops) definitely on the mend!

Well, after being delayed and postponed… (moan, moan, moan) I was sent for another cardioversion (my feeling this was a delaying tactic), didn’t last as long as the first one. spoke to the Cardiologist’s secretary and I’m now back on the waiting list for second ablation. I seem to have benefited from the first ablation, in that the heart doesn’t seem as irregular as before, but it took a while to get there. Spoke to a different cardiologist who reckons most of my symptoms (lethargy, poor recovery from anything approaching cardiovascular exercise or even a long weight session) are down to the beta blockers.

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Well, after being delayed and postponed… (moan, moan, moan) I was sent for another cardioversion (my feeling this was a delaying tactic), didn’t last as long as the first one. spoke to the Cardiologist’s secretary and I’m now back on the waiting list for second ablation. I seem to have benefited from the first ablation, in that the heart doesn’t seem as irregular as before, but it took a while to get there. Spoke to a different cardiologist who reckons most of my symptoms (lethargy, poor recovery from anything approaching cardiovascular exercise or even a long weight session) are down to the beta blockers.
[/quote]
What Beta Blocker are you on?

5mg Bisoprolol

How long have you been on it? Coreg CR is one of the newer (relatively) Beta Blockers that do not have the old effects of lethargy and impotence.

just over two years

Well, I now have the appointment for my second ablation, Monday 23rd Nov. I’m hoping the improvement will be at least as good as the first, if so it may be cured (?) I hope! or maybe not… as long as I get an improvement I’ll be heading the right way.

Praying for you sir.

All the best, good luck to you.

I know that I am late to the thread as it has been going on a long time, but I noticed that nobody recommended getting your Magnesium levels checked.

The first thing I would have done is get a blood test. Not the useless serum test that all doctors give but the RBC test which tests magnesium in the cells themselves and not in the blood. The serum test tends to give a normal reading as the body is itself alive and in balance. In the absence of magnesium, Calcium will build up to dangerous levels and that starts the Calcification process which will can lead to the heart symptoms you are having and even a heart attack. That is why in the emergency room after a heart attack they will put you on a drip of Magnesium and it also the case why you will put on Calcium blockers to stop the Calcium deposits.

Magnesium is a master mineral and is needed for most others to work properly i.e you cannot synthesis Vit D properly without it.

Please check out DR Circus and a group called GOTMAG you’ll be shocked how important Magnesium is.

Cheers, I haven’t had Mg levels checked, though did supplement with ZMA, no difference seen to the AF

Update:
Had the Ablation on Nov 23rd, just starting to feel more like it (though back in AF within a week, it may be more sporadic now) hoping to start some training in the next week or two.
Thanks all for the good wishes!

Well that ablation was a year back, since then I’ve had a 48hr ecg cardiologist said it looked as though my heart was ‘trying’ to get back in rhythm (I included a bench session whilst ‘wired up’). He recommended another cardioversion, when I went for it they wouldn’t do it as I was in sinus rhythm! (but not the day before or after.
I’ve now been to see the cardiologist and I don’t have AF but I do have AFL (atrial flutter) back on the ablation waiting list (~4 months?).
Things are improving I guess!

Damn man looking over your thread you have been through some shit!!![quote=“Boffin, post:95, topic:170451”]
Things are improving I guess!
[/quote]

I honestly glad to hear that its been a rough week over here in the Over 35

I’m improving (slowly) but there are a great many people who have it worse. Sometimes I think keeping this thread going is self indulgent moaning… but I think there are some positive aspects to it. I do find it difficult to get motivated sometimes as my strength is getting worse, but then I think it will get worse an awful lot faster if I quit the gym. (Besides if I quit now the last 40+years of going to the gym will be wasted :slight_smile: )

1 Like

If anyone is still interested…
I’m still waiting for an ablation (3rd) and have been told I’m number 26 on the list so hopefully I’ll get treated in August.
In the meantime my regular gym has shut :frowning: but fortunately was selling of its equipment; my son and I managed to scrape about £1000 together for the gym fund :slight_smile:
Long story short: power cage, Leoko bar, SSB bar, 240kg various plates including a weight tree and some bumpers, DBs from 7.5 to 30kg, competition style BP bench, flat bench and adjustable incline bench all for £720 :smiley:

Had the 3rd a couple of weeks ago, more painful then previously! (maybe due to different anaesthesia, maybe due to the scarring / healing from previous ablation) so its wait and see time :slight_smile:

other than that… things are looking good? Feel for you brother , no way would I want to deal with that.