Irregular Heart Rate When Getting Fitter

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
You are probably going to end up with the Ablation. [/quote]

Thats my guess too.

[quote]cavalier wrote:
Good to hear you can still train. How’s the son doing?[/quote]

Well considering the worry its causing my wife, I’ll probably not train (except maybe grippers)she is convinced the lifting will harm me, she did make a vaalid point that the GP & cardiologist probably dont know what real training is. She has rheumatoid arthritis and extra stress certainly causes it to flare up. She has enough to worry about right now, so I’ll manage to lay off for a while I guess.

Thanks for asking Joe is seeing the neurologist mid March, to discuss the last MRI scan results and (hopefully) plan his op.

Thanks guys!

Well, decided I can’t not train at all (I was getting depressed) so just missing out DL & SQ and real heavy stuff. Just had a cardiologist appointment postponed, grrrrrr!

Well I have now been referred to another cardiologist at a different hospital. Saw him on the 6th November (I had to postpone on the 6th October due to being in hospital on IV antibiotics, what a crap year!). Anyway he has said he will do the ablation and to expect an apointment at the end of January, also to expect to need two procedures, the second ~3 months after the first.

the reason I was on antibiotics:

Fuck what the hell is that from?

Its cellulitis, not sure what was the cause; I was continually asked (and tested twice) if I was diabetic. No cut, scratch, insect bite or similar that I could remember.

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Its cellulitis, not sure what was the cause; I was continually asked (and tested twice) if I was diabetic. No cut, scratch, insect bite or similar that I could remember.[/quote]

I knew what it was, just wondering about the source.

Hope you are getting better.

Yeah its much better, thanks, crappy year though. Next should be better!

Finally, I have an appointment for the ablation (was told last Nov that I would grt an appointment ‘January-ish’) appointment is for the 12th August, providing my bloods are OK on Thursday the 8th.
I have been told that I’ll probably need two procedures but the success rate is ~70%.

Good luck! I had a friend that had an ablation last year. He is doing well and had no complications.

I hate to gripe about our respective socialized medicine programs, but I had to pull strings after waiting two years going through proper channels to get what I now know as angina checked out. I’m still waiting on the appointment for an angiogram to find out exactly what is clogged up and how severe my problem is. I hope I’m waiting because it is minor, but I don’t know. I’m frustrated, and being able to ask for tests and just pay for something if the doctor disagrees sounds delightful at the moment.

does your friend lift heavy?
best of luck for you to mate.

No, he is a dragon boat racer. He had to give up paddling and switch to time keeper while his heart was misbehaving, but he got back on the paddle within a month of having the procedure.

Good luck to you and keep us informed of how you are doing.

Cheers, will find out tomorrow / Tuesday I guess.

Good luck! The waiting is the hard part. For me anyway.

Well, I had the ablation Monday (procedure lasted about 2.5-3hrs) The consultant said there was ‘a lot to do’ he finished with a cardioversion which seems to have held (for now, Friday). He said not to be surprised if the AF returns and he expects to have to do a second ablation sometime (to be fair he has said this from day 1).
finding it painful to stand / walk too much as there is quite a bit of swelling, the bruising isn’t as bad as it looks though.
Feeling better!

I needed the picture so I know what to shave for my catheterization next week! :slight_smile: The drawing from the docs office is kind of vague.

Hope all goes well in your recovery. Keep us posted.

Leg is quite sore and limiting my mobility, can stand / walk for about 20-30mins before the pain gets too bad (while on pain killers).
Slowly improving (be glad when I can drop the pain killers completely, I dont like the fuzzy head that codeine gives me).
Had a few episodes of AF, expect it’ll return permaently (again). When the mobility is back I plan on doing some cardio (even if its only walking) 4 times a week
Good news is follow up appointment is 26th November (day before my 54th birthday).

Keep plugging away. Will they give you a treatment plan on your next appointment? Good luck!

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Well, I had the ablation Monday (procedure lasted about 2.5-3hrs) The consultant said there was ‘a lot to do’ he finished with a cardioversion which seems to have held (for now, Friday). He said not to be surprised if the AF returns and he expects to have to do a second ablation sometime (to be fair he has said this from day 1).
finding it painful to stand / walk too much as there is quite a bit of swelling, the bruising isn’t as bad as it looks though.
Feeling better![/quote]

You are not frail and old, he had to poke around a shit ton to find your artery.

I did warn you that when you get older you will probably end up with a pacemaker correct?