Irregular Heart Rate When Getting Fitter

Well tried front squat last night: hard, mainly because I havent done any squat for a few months (or f SQ for a year+) slowly adding in stuff. HR still uneven but its not going ape-shit like it did.

Did the squatting set off the arrythmia, or did it start before that?

I’m fairly certain the arrythmia wasn’t caused by squatting, but I’ve laid off SQ & DL as I was originally told to avoid strenuous exercise. Cardiologist has given the OK for lifting so I’m re-introducing SQ & DL. DL first at 145kg x 5, trying SQ today but will stay light as I know I’ll be very tight and struggle to hit depth at first.

Did you get the cardioversion? You still on the meds?

Still waiting for the apointment. INR is supposed to be stabilised for 4 weeks prior, only one week the result went to 3.6 (2-3 target) not saying this delayed it. So I’m waiting at the moment.

Boffin. I don’t understand why you haven’t gotten a nuclear stress test? I think once you get pass all these test, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to start on some fish oil, but you ask your doctor what he or she think you should take in addition to your meds.

Silee, I’ve been taking fish oil for quite some time (years).
Good news is I have an appointment for the Cardioversion to be done on Friday 27th Jan. Lets hope it works.

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Silee, I’ve been taking fish oil for quite some time (years).
Good news is I have an appointment for the Cardioversion to be done on Friday 27th Jan. Lets hope it works.[/quote]

Boffin had many, many patients that have had it done, no problems or complaints.

Good luck.

145 kg DL is light for you? I’m envious.

I’ve found that general stress contributes to palpitations, viscous squats are just the tipping point. If I’m careful, squats and DL go OK for me. What exactly is cardioversion?

[quote]cavalier wrote:

I’ve found that general stress contributes to palpitations, viscous squats are just the tipping point. If I’m careful, squats and DL go OK for me. What exactly is cardioversion?[/quote]

Conscious sedation the patient, “restart” the electrical impulses of the heart by actually shocking the heart during the current irregular cycle. If it does not work the next step would be ablation, where they actually go in and cauterize certain parts of the heart where the irregular impulse is being impeded.

[quote]cavalier wrote:

I’ve found that general stress contributes to palpitations, viscous squats are just the tipping point. If I’m careful, squats and DL go OK for me. What exactly is cardioversion?[/quote]

Yeah 145 for 5 (5+ week but didn’t push it) next week was 152.5kg for 5 (3+) then on 1+ week, i.e. last week, I did 162.5kg for 5 with one or two in the tank. Deload is this week and probably next too.

[quote]Boffin wrote:

BTW: 51yr old Male Powerlifter type training, 260lb (reducing through diet & exercise) meds: BP meds Ramipril & Bendroflumethiazide.[/quote]
52 nowadays! and more meds!

Happy Birthday!!!

Hows everything doing?

Happy birthday. Ah, to be 52 again . . .

Whom am I kidding, 52 was a shit year for me. Looks like things are going better for you.

Thanks guys, the thing I dont like (at the moment) is not being able to do anything remotely like cardio (get a bit winded walking uphill) if the cardioversion works well I’ll be getting back into a bit of cardio for fitness and weight loss. I have managed not to gain weight since this started, which I’m taking as a possitive.

Cavalier, some years are crap, hopefully this one will be better for me, but the main worry isn’t me its my son; he’s waiting for a surgery appointment to treat his Arnold-Chiari malformation. On the possitive side he was diagnosed fairly quickly and he is still managing to lift regularly (though some exercises have to be avoided due to pain. But, when he’s sorted, this year has great potential!

Today is the day!

Well, had it done at about 11:00 this morning, actually felt better (more normal anyway) by the time I was wheelrd back into the ward. Back home now and will take it easy training wise for the next weel and see how we go from there.

Well decided to have a week off after the cardioversion. Felt great most of the week. A couple of bangs / missed beats on the thursdat & friday after, panicked a bit bit it went away light training (shoulders) done on Mon, fine afterwards. Tuesday am, acouple of ‘incidents’ went training Tues night fine while doing that but back to irregular beat during the night and this morning.

Saw doc this morning his verdict is the AF is back but I havent done anything to cause it (i.e. training) its just come back. Will have another ECG tomorrow morning at the GP surgery. Now waiting for cardiologist appointment. Pissed off to say the least! But at least I can train to some degree.

You are probably going to end up with the Ablation.

Good to hear you can still train. How’s the son doing?