Irregular Heart Rate When Getting Fitter

[quote]Boffin wrote:
@ FISCHER613 I don’t get the cool dwaf reference.[/quote]

One of the Dwarves in the Hobbit!

Dude if your having Atrial Fib AND your heart is elevated – go Directly to the hospital. People will pass out because of this. This is a very serious issue esp. when your heart rates gets elevated by lets say walking up the stairs. It is not pumping a full stroke so your only getting a little of the much needed oxygen to your BRAIN---- CAN CAUSE STROKE!!!

Thats why your on aspirin and that other shit.

GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!! AND DEMAND TO SEE CARDIOLOGIST.

AM I BEING CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Seriously needs sorting out !!.

Either insist on an immediate refferral or pitch up at the A&E with those symptoms and get seen by a cardiologist.

Either that or if you can afford to then get a private refferal from your gp.

Either way…fischer is right…

GET IT SORTED.

I would have choose a Calcium channel blocker instead of a beta blocker for the A-fib myself.

As long as he is not in Afib with RVR Fish he can wait to be referred.

Cause what is OP considering high?

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

[quote]Boffin wrote:
@ FISCHER613 I don’t get the cool dwaf reference.[/quote]

One of the Dwarves in the Hobbit!

Dude if your having Atrial Fib AND your heart is elevated – go Directly to the hospital. People will pass out because of this. This is a very serious issue esp. when your heart rates gets elevated by lets say walking up the stairs. It is not pumping a full stroke so your only getting a little of the much needed oxygen to your BRAIN---- CAN CAUSE STROKE!!!

Thats why your on aspirin and that other shit.

GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!! AND DEMAND TO SEE CARDIOLOGIST.

AM I BEING CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?
[/quote]
(I think you meant Boffur)

By high HR I mean higher than usual for me 85-90 (not the 100+ I’ve read about)instead of the 65-70 usual. This came down to about 60 a couple of hours after the first Beta blocker.
See the doc Monday morning, I think he’ll discuss referring then. Having read up on it I see the connection with stroke and the reason for asprin.
In the UK you’d get thrown out of a hospital for demanding to see anybody. I’ve actually been seen very quickly considering. Thurs pm ECG, Fri am see my doc, meds , follow up on Mon.

Back from the docs, all bloods OK.
Sent me for a chest Xray (had that this morning) now waiting for a Cardiologist appointment, should be within 2 weeks. Now more training for now :frowning:

See the Cardiologist Dec 5th

First wek on Warfarin, INR =1.1 (3mg/day) doc upped the dose to 6mg/day and get my blood test Monday14th (gp want the INR to be 2 to 3).

Hospital confirmed the appt for 5th Dec (cardiologist) but also there’s an appointment for an echocardiogram, thursday 17th Nov.
Really frustrating not training (going from 4-5 times a week to zero) but I suppose its stopping me having a stroke.

Dose upped to 7mg per day Warfarin, does the extra 1mg make that much diff? (didn’t get the INR from the docs for the week on 6mg)

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Dose upped to 7mg per day Warfarin, does the extra 1mg make that much diff? (didn’t get the INR from the docs for the week on 6mg) [/quote]

You would be surprised it takes a few weeks adjusting your mg dose to get the correct INR.

DO NOT take Aspirin or Advil/motrin/naproxen/aleve etc

Thanks for the advice, doc & pharmacist already covered it.
Echcardiogram tomorrow morning.

When I had echocardiogram, it was part of a stress test. Are you getting the regular?

I think its just the echo today and probably a stress test when I see the cardiologist as they say it may be a long appointment (up to 2 hours).
Heart is stil ‘doing its own thing’ most of the time: at least its calmed down a little.

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Dose upped to 7mg per day Warfarin, does the extra 1mg make that much diff? (didn’t get the INR from the docs for the week on 6mg) [/quote]

Well I’ve just been for my latest test should get the result this afternoon.
Last week’s was 1.7

[quote]Boffin wrote:
I think its just the echo today and probably a stress test when I see the cardiologist as they say it may be a long appointment (up to 2 hours).
Heart is stil ‘doing its own thing’ most of the time: at least its calmed down a little.
[/quote]

The (very nice) woman doing the ultra sound said the heart was working fine with no issues, other than the arrythmia and possibly a little thickening (though she didn’t say where, and she hadn’t done any measurements yet, Cardiologist should have the data when I see him in a couple of weeks)

Sounds promising. Good to see the inr getting dialled in, can take some time to hit the exact doseage sweet spot.

Test result from yesterday is 2.7 (required range 2-3) so pretty good, next test in a fortnight, day after I see the Cardiologist.

2.7 sounds almost spot-on.

Yeah lets hope it stays there!

Last INR=2.6, same dose.
Saw the Cardiologist; he’ll refer me for Cardioversion so now waiting for the appointment. He also said I could return to training (heavy lifting is what I specifically asked about) he said OK but don’t jump right back in. I think I’ll stick to O/H press & Bench with rows etc. SQ & DL I’ll introduce when I feel more confident.