105x5, 120x5, 135x5
105x5x5
(Pull-ups 5x5)

Dips - 70 reps
-with-
WG Cable Row - 70 reps
-with-
Single Leg Squats - 70 reps

Still some minor twingy pain on OHP, but not bad, and not all reps. Pretty sure I’m making progress with all the mobility work and cuff strengthening. Did 7x10 on the assistance with 1 min rest inbetween. I plan to alternate my intensity weekly on assistance.

1 Like

C1W3D2

Warmup
Mobility
Box jumps 3x5
-with-
Pull-ups 3x5

Front Squat (all first reps power cleaned up)
160x5, 180x5, 200x5
160x5x5
(Pull-ups 5x5)

Single Arm DB Bench Press - 50x70 reps
-with-
Back Ext - 70 reps
-with-
BB Ab Rollout - 70 reps

Didn’t feel like using a rack today, so I didn’t :slight_smile:
Did sets of 10 on the first 5 super sets, then did 20 on the last set.
Played golf today, and shoulder DID NOT like it. Tomorrow is off. Will try to get in and do a mile run in the afternoon.

1 Like

Heaps of mobility/band work on the shoulders.

1 mile run, 2 inc, 6.4 mph
10 min inc walk

Will be interesting to see how the shoulder feels with 225 on bench tomorrow.

Hopefully good. How are those rotator cuff exercises going?

The band stretching and rotator cuff work’s going well, but not seeing the progress I’d like to see. Going to go see a sports chiropractor for an opinion. I can feel some movement/instability in the shoulder capsule with a small pop when I lift my arm. Did you have any similar symptoms?

1 Like

C1W3D3

Warmup
Mobility
Med Ball Slams 3x5
-with-
Pull-ups 3x5

Bench Press
175x5, 200x5, 225x5
175x5x5 (30 sec rest)

Rev DB’s Lunge - 15x70 reps
-with-
Kneeling Slingle Arm KB Press - 18x70 reps
-with-
DB’s Lying on Inc Bench Row - 50x70 reps

Plenty of strength for 225x10, but could feel the twinge/pain/weakness in my left shoulder. Going to have sports chiropractor take a look tomorrow. Would really like to get this behind me, BC other than this, I feel great! Knee is pretty much 100%. Back healed quickly. Elbow will be a little work in progress, but is not hindering me.

No, nothing like that. Definitely get it checked. Pops, cracks and odd movements are generally not desirable.

Yep, have an appt today at 4 with my sports chiropractor. I don’t think it’s anything serious, just moverment pattern overuse. There’s a strong chance I will take next cycle off from bench and OHP and use neutral grip DB work to let everything heal up.

2 Likes

C1W3D4

Warmup
Mobility
Box jumps 3x5
-with-
Pull-ups 3x5

Beltless Deadlift
265x5, 300x5, 335x5
265x3x5

Hanging Straight Leg Lifts - 70 reps
-with-
Push-ups - 70 reps
-with-
CG Cable Row - 100x70 reps

I’m learning to really enjoy the single Leg/push/pull super sets. I can think of all kinds of devilish ways to make it smoke me.

1 Like

Good visit with sports chiropractor. Cuff and bicep tendinitis. He found a lot of pain quickly. Prescribed high rep straight arm laterals and self messaging to the bicep tendon. Will follow up with him in office next Thursday.

Will use DBs for a cycle like @MarkKO with a neutral grip for bench and OHP.

Should be back to the barbell soon.

I loved Nuckols Average to Savage, but next time I do it I will build in deloads beyond his test deloads, bc it just was not enough of a break for my fragile ass body.

2 Likes

That sounds like reasonably good news. At least it’s something that generally clears up with rest/workarounds.

1 Like

Mobility

1 mile run: 2 inc, 6.5 mph
10 mins inc walk

1 Like

Plan for cycle 2:

5’s Pro
SSL

85% TM - second Cycle:
DB Neutral OHP: 60lbs (70lbs act max) (push-ups, DB rows, step ups)
Front Squat: 215lbs (255lbs act max) (Inc KB/DB Press,WG Cable row, back ext)
DB Neutral BP: 85lbs (100lbs act max) (decline DB trip Ext, curl, decline sit up)
Deadlift: 360lbs (425lbs act max) (dips, CG Cable row, ab wheel)

Will also cut pull-ups way back, only doing them as 15 reps as part of my warmup. I think the exorbent amount of pull-ups I’ve done over the past year has contributed to the overuse.

1 Like

Jealous much. One day I will be able to do respectable numbers of pull-ups.

Oh no, I do 3x5 box jumps superset with 3x5 pull-ups as part of my activation/warmup.

I can’t do 15 unbroken right now. Probably 12 if I take it all the way.

1 Like

C2W1D1

Warmup
Mobility
Box jumps 3x5
-with-
Pull-ups 3x5

Beltless Front Squat
140x5, 160x5, 185x5
160x5x5

Incline KB Press - 18KG x 100 reps
-with-
WG Cable Row - 100x100 reps
-with-
Back Ext - 100 reps

Front squats were easy, really sandbagging it right now, but I’m ok with it as I heal up. Did 30, 30, 20, 20 for assistance. Will probably go back to DBs for incline. Wasn’t enough weight today, but the awkwardness of the KB made up for it.

1 Like

C2W1D2

Warmup
Not much, was in hurry. Warmed up rotator cuffs.

DB Bench
55x5, 65x5, 70x5
65x5x5

Decline DB Ext - 20x100 reps
-with-
DB Curl - 20x100 reps
-with-
Ab wheel - 100 reps

Still sandbagging. But got to get this shoulder well. Total bro workout.

1 Like

1 mile run: 2.0 Inc, 6.6 mph
10 mins incline walk

1 Like

Sucks that your body’s off. I like your approach to get right though. You’ll get there.

1 Like

Anytime you’re injured 2 days can seem like a week, never a fun situation. Hope you can get it sorted it out soon pal.

2 Likes