Beltless Front Squat
135x5, 160x5, 180x5
135x5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Single Arm DB Bench - 50x5x10
-with-
Back Raise - 5x10
-with-
Ab Wheel 5x10

Pretty sure I’m making progress with my shoulder.

C1W1D3

Warmup
Mobility
Med Ball Slams 3x5
-with-
Chin Ups 3x5

Bench Press
155x5, 175x5, 200x5
155x5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (30 sec rest)
(Pull-ups 5x5)

DB’s Rev Lunge
15x5x10
-with-
Kneeling KB Single Arm OHP
15x5x10
-with-
Chest Supported DB’s Row
50x5x10

Light Curls
-with-
Light Pressdowns

Trying to get healed up.

C1W1D4

Warmup
Mobility
Box jumps 3x5
-with-
Chin ups 3x5

Deadlift
230x5, 265x5, 300x5
230x5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Push-ups
50 reps
-with-
CG Cable Row
100x50 reps
-with-
Decline sit-ups
50 reps

Strained left lower back on DL, which I think was already aggravated from my warmup. I’m broke all over right now, right knee, left shoulder (getting substantially better), now low back. Low back will be a quick healer, maybe 5 days.

Man, what is going on? Are you getting enough sleep or are you accumulating too much fatigue perhaps?

Sup!

The knee thing has been going on for 6+ months. I absolutely 100% believe both this condition and my shoulder condition was created by overuse. This is specifically why I have chosen to go back to 5/3/1 indefinitely, bc it will force me to deload regularly, plus I chose to go with 5 pros which will keep my volume and intensity down while I heal. Both the knee and shoulder are getting better, thank goodness!

The back injury I have no clue about. I typically tweak it twice or so a year. I’m pretty sure I aggravated it doing thoracic extensions, then really pissed it off when I Carried through with all my DL sets lol.

I’m in the process of changing my long term mindset on just getting stronger, to being more awesome all around. I still want to progress my strength more than anything, but have to come to realize my former mindset was actually hindering my progress. I’m broadening my horizons with agility, conditioning, mobility and challenges. I feel confident I’ll get healed up over the next couple months with this new approach.

Thanks for asking! Helps me to keep my focus sharp.

Scrolling through and I saw this. How active are your rotator cuffs? I got a really sore shoulder and the physio figured out it was my bicep tendon where it goes over my acromion, and it was caused by my rotator cuff being inactive so the bicep had to pick up the slack. He got me doing a rehab exercise daily that’s helped heaps: you put a theraband around your wrists, squeeze your fists and push against the band. Then, keeping all that tension pull your elbows back and then move your arms from there to overhead all the while pushing out against the band and squeezing your fists. From overhead, pull down again and repeat. A couple of sets of 20 every morning has helped massively.

If the description doesn’t make sense I’ll put up a video of you like.

1 Like

@MarkKO I would be very grateful if you could put it in a vid…I’m trying to visualize what you’re explaining, but can’t quite get there haha.

Here’s what I’m doing currently for rehab:

4 way shoulder stretch (Alan thralls vid)
Stretching thoracic spine and lats
Scap push-ups
Rotator cuff strengthening
Wall slides

Making progress slowly but surely…

Thanks a lot for stopping by and offering the help/vid

1 Like

I’ll do one over the next couple of days.

1 Like

I have taken a very similar approach to my training. Getting stronger is always at the forefront of my training, but also having good condition, being able to move well, and being athletic all around has been something I have adopted more seriously over the last year or so.

2 Likes

Im sure a byproduct of this method correlates to your body, joints and mind feeling well too.

That’s a big deal for me. I’ve got 2 daughters, 3 and 7, and am tired of wincing in pain when I play with them.

2 Likes

C1W2D1

Warmup
Mobility
Med Ball Slams 3x5
-with-
Pull-ups 3x5

OHP
100x5, 110x5, 125x5
100x5, 5, 5, 5, 5
(Pull-ups 5x5)

Dips
60 reps
-with-
WG Cable Row
100x60 reps
-with-
Single Leg Squat
60 reps

Shoulder still buggy. Tolerable since the weight is low.

Sorry about the average lighting, I do them every morning just after I get up.

1 Like

Thanks!

Looks fairly straight forward. Works on ROM and external rotation, something I’m working on and lack for sure.

I’ll add these in upon waking and as part of my warmup.

Thanks again MarkKo.

1 Like

C1W2D2

Warmup
Mobility
Box jumps 3x5
-with-
Chin-ups 3x5

Beltless Front Squat
145x5, 170x5, 190x5
145x5x5

Single Arm Flat DB Press
50x60 reps
-with-
Back Ext
60 reps
-with-
Ab Wheel Rollouts
60 reps

Squats were easy. Pushed the assistance a little harder today, as in tried to reduce sets. Got it all done in 4 super sets. 19+16+15+10.

1 Like

They’re deceptively hard. Took me about three weeks before stopped being actually tired from doing one set.

1 Like

Really like them MarkKo. Am doing a set upon waking just shy of form breakdown, and also have added to warmup.

1 Like

11/1/2016

Lots of mobility.

1 mile run: 6 mph @ 2 incline, 10:00.

First mile I’ve run in years. Was not real challenging, so that’s good. Will aim to add .3 mph per week. Goal is 7:30 by year end.

1 Like

C1W2D3

Warmup
Mobility
Med Ball Slams 3x5
-with-
Chin-ups 3x5

Bench Press
165x5, 190x5, 210x5
165x5x5

Rev Lunge
15x60 reps
-with-
Single Arm KB OH Press
18x60 reps
-with-
DB’s Row Lying on Incline Bench
50x60 reps

Not much to mention. I have not been able to fully extend my right elbow for many years, and it’s always been slightly painful at lockout. I will start to address this and get it behind me.

1 Like

C1W2D4

Warmup
Mobility
Box jumps 3x5
-with-
Pull-ups 3x5

Deadlift
250x5, 285x5, 320x5, 250x5, 5, 5

Toe to Bar - 60 reps
-with-
Push ups - 60 reps
-with-
CG Cable Row - 100x60 reps

Back is good. Knee feels good. Just need to get shoulder and elbow well and then I won’t have to bitch about it anymore!!

1 Like

Lots of mobility

1 mile run, 2 Incline, 6.2 mph.
10 minute Incline walk

1 Like