Irondoc--a few more questions

What do you mean by “you will be maxing more than every 8 weeks probably every 2 to 3 weeks”. Maxing on what?-the bench? You’re not even supposed to bench but every 8 weeks on this program because you’re working with other rotating core exercises. And what are you talking about ending with 85% on the core lifts? I can’t find that at westside. Is this your won training principle?I don’t really understand it. What EXACTLY does “3 lifts at 90% each week mean”? This is on the core exercises, but I thought you used 8-5-4-3-2-1 to max out, then that’s it for that core exercise. Do you do 8-5-4-3-2 then do 3 sets of 1 at 90%? If so, are 5-4-3-2 to failure?
Are you still on this program?

From training for many years and logging workouts, I have a good idea what my maxs on various exercises. If you know that your max bench has moved up, the weight you use on speed day must change. For instance, on max effort day I use the floor press. If i come back to that exercise two months later and hit a lift twenty pounds higher, I know my bench has probably gone up.
Also if you get the articles from Louie, you’ll see that he tells you on max effort day to attempt three lifts at 90%and up, ending with a new pr. These % are on the max effort exercise. Say your incline press is now at 200.
You would probably try 185-195, then attempt a new pr with 205, then possibly another at 210.
Very advanced lifters can sometimes goe with more attempts. Loiue has written about George Halbert trying nine lifts in the 90% and up range. Hope this helps. And yes I’m still training this way. I’m just starting up again after an injury layoff.