T Nation

Iron Woody Bands

I was looking into buying some bands to incorporate into my dynamic days. They can be viewed at this site–

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28067&item=3680718782&rd=1

I’m wondering if anyone has had any previous experience or heard anything about this brand of bands. They are made by Iron Woody, a company I have never heard of before, but that doesn’t mean much considered I’ve only known about bands for less then 2 years.

Band size(in) Jump stretch
(price is for one)
mini 1/2 5-25lbs 9.75
monster 1/2 10-35
light 1 1/8 30-50 20.00
average 1 3/4 65-85 24.50
strong 2 1/2 80-100 29.50
Monster 4 200

Iron Woody

(price is for a pair)
#1 1/2 5-35 16.00
#2 1/2 10-50 24.00
#3 1 1/2 25-80 32.00
#4 1 3/4 50-120 40.00
#5 2 1/2 60-150 48.00

Here is a general comparison. Jumpstretch makes a monster mini, iron woody doesn’t.

Iron woody also doesn’t dye their whole band which is supposed to I guess make it last longer or something.

The js bands are 41 inches long and the iw bands are 40 inches. The tensions are a little different but probably estimates.

I have some mini’s and lights from elite but will probably try out some of Woody’s PR bands as he calls’m.

The monster mini would just be the Iron Woody #2 band. These seem like a good deal and if you go to the ironwoodyfitness.com you’ll see that they also sell in packages. You can get the 1, 2, 3 (mini, monster mini, and light) bands for 64 dollars, which is not a bad deal at all. I’m debating whether to try it out or not. I might pick up a pair.

I don’t want to bias the upcoming T-Jack Forum, but I have tested Iron Woody bands and they’re excellent. I have two of every one they make.

Yes, the lack of total dye should make them last longer (and I talked to the factory to confirm). They do have a small color patch for easy identification though. Basically these ARE JumpStretch bands (made in the same place) just less expensive and not dyed.

I believe we’re getting several packages to give away for reviewing on the upcoming T-Jack Forum.

ooo, free bands. :slight_smile:

count me in on test’n dem bands!

I’d love to test the bands as well! Right now, I’m using the poor mans version of these: pallet bands.

heck id love to test these two, as ur 1 step ahead of me pharmer, i have no bands or powerrack, but hey i put up good with our school’s b-ball gym

If I could get my hands on these bands for testing, I have several clients that I could test them on. Pick me, pick me (hand raised to the sky)…