Iron Mind, But What About the Body?

Hi all,

First an introduction before you guys can rate my physique if you want!

Some quick stats about me:
Height: 5 feet and 10 inches or 178cm
Weight: 177lbs or 80,5kg
Years of training: 3 years (natural)

I’m training according to the following plan:
Monday: Full-body (only the big 4 and some pull ups)
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Delts, traps and hamstrings
Thursday: Back, triceps
Friday: Legs exclusive hamstrings
Saturday: Chest, biceps
Sunday: Rest

On the big 4 lifts I try to aim for 1-6 reps and lift mostly relatively heavy weights, but I also try to include speed work, paused reps etc. for those lifts except the deadlift.

My cardio is about 10-15km of riding a bike to the Univerity, so that covers my cardiovascular and stamina maintenance. At the moment I’m bulking so to say. I’ve finished my cutting period in december 2014 and I’ve been increasing my kcal from then until now, until I will gain weight. Still looking for my sweet spot, so I’ll keep upping kcal until I gain weight again, will keeping my bodyfat% in check, hopefully.

During my past 3 years of training I’ve always used periods of bulking and cutting to gain weight/lean body mass and lose the fat and get more ripped after that.

I eat 4800-5000kcal on trainingsdays (high protein, high carb, moderate fat) and on rest days I try to avoid cardio and reduce my kcal intake according to my lower activity level, based on my past experiences and eat 3500-4000kcal on restdays (high protein, low-moderate carb, high fat).

My best 1RM’s from last year @ 88kg bw:
Bench press: 120kg
Overhead press: 80kg
Squat: 155kg
Deadlift: 220kg

Of course I got my own idea about my physique, but I’m curious about the opinions of you guys and how you guys would rate it.

I’m also curious about what you guys think what are my “good/better” muscle groups and what are be my “bad/need improvement” groups.

I’m hoping to step on a bodybuilding stage in 1-2 years. Still got much work left of course.

Front double bicep

Back double bicep

Lat spread

Side chest

Side triceps

Abdominal thigh

Most muscular

Most muscular crab

That should cover all the mandatory bodybuilding poses, cheers :slight_smile:

Solid build given your experience, Strong points in my view are quads, serratus anterior and lats (from the front). Weaknesses are chest, forearms, and thickness of muscles in back. You have a good wide V-tapor, but the muscles don’t look thick. Chest is probably your weakest overall bodypart.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
Solid build given your experience, Strong points in my view are quads, serratus anterior and lats (from the front). Weaknesses are chest, forearms, and thickness of muscles in back. You have a good wide V-tapor, but the muscles don’t look thick. Chest is probably your weakest overall bodypart. [/quote]

Thanks for your comment, Eccgastang. Funny to see your opinion is more or less the same as mine considering my strong and weak points.

Especially my chest is a bodypart I’m focussing on and arms indeed. Back should also get some more thickness yes considering my V-taper.

Can you show me your excersise list for Thursday: Back, triceps AND Saturday: Chest, biceps ?

Im just wondering bcz its completely opposite how i train. I train Chest with triceps and Back with biceps.
Im not saying that yours is wrong or something like that…

[quote]xseoman wrote:
Can you show me your excersise list for Thursday: Back, triceps AND Saturday: Chest, biceps ?

Im just wondering bcz its completely opposite how i train. I train Chest with triceps and Back with biceps.
Im not saying that yours is wrong or something like that…[/quote]

I’ve done that to give my arm a higher volume on a weekly basis.

I’m doing for triceps:
(incline) close grip bench press
Skullcrusher
Cable pushdown
Rope pushdown

biceps:
incline db curl
cross-body hammer curl
One arm cable curl/EZ-bar curl

Give it maybe a try and see if you like it.

Excellent results for 3 years, can’t add much new: chest and back thickness lag, other than that I can’t see anything.

calve size?

[quote]Saftfrucht wrote:
Excellent results for 3 years, can’t add much new: chest and back thickness lag, other than that I can’t see anything.[/quote]

Thanks, man. I agree with you.

[quote]xseoman wrote:
calve size?[/quote]

41cm or 16,1 inch

Strong squad development!

[quote]nobblifter92 wrote:
Strong squad development![/quote]

Thanks, man. Definitely been working on those quads :slight_smile: