Iron Man Movie

Unrelated, but I think I should play Deathlok. I’m not black, but fuck it. If they made the Kingpin black, they can make Deathlok white.

Speaking of black superheroes, I wonder if there will be a War Machine spin-off if the Iron Man movie is a success. Sadly, I don’t think Iron Man will be a big hit. It’ll probably be more akin to Daredevil, one of the Marvel movies they try out while filming the next Spider-Man or X-Men.

Dammit, Daredevil had the potential to be great. Fuckin’ Affleck.

[quote]The_Rabbi wrote:
Unrelated, but I think I should play Deathlok. I’m not black, but fuck it. If they made the Kingpin black, they can make Deathlok white.

Speaking of black superheroes, I wonder if there will be a War Machine spin-off if the Iron Man movie is a success. Sadly, I don’t think Iron Man will be a big hit. It’ll probably be more akin to Daredevil, one of the Marvel movies they try out while filming the next Spider-Man or X-Men.

Dammit, Daredevil had the potential to be great. Fuckin’ Affleck.[/quote]

You act like Kingpin was just changed for the hell of it. Who the hell else in Hollywood could actually weigh a REAL 350lbs AND look muscular while being able to act? Kingpin’s character was probably the best in that whole movie.

[quote]The_Rabbi wrote:

Hopefully they realised their mistake with DareDevil (and Elektra).
I think gone are the old days of camp/dorky superhero movies or those made with a low budget eg. The Flash, Masters of the Universe, Punisher (Lundgren version).

It’s obvious with Spiderman and X-Men (and Blade in a cult/underground kinda way) that with a with proper planning comic book movies can pull in the crowds.

Iron Man has so much potential and a WarMachine spin-off would be cool but I doubt it would happen. Crossovers will be the next big thing after the mainstream public are introduced to all the main superheros.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
The_Rabbi wrote:

Dammit, Daredevil had the potential to be great. Fuckin’ Affleck.

You act like Kingpin was just changed for the hell of it. Who the hell else in Hollywood could actually weigh a REAL 350lbs AND look muscular while being able to act? Kingpin’s character was probably the best in that whole movie.[/quote]

Yea seriously, next to maybe Willem Dafoe, I think he was the best comic book badguy I’ve seen.

No offense but I really can’t think of any other nearly 350lb buff white actor…(with a shitload of credentials)

[quote]CC wrote:
Actually I should have been more clear, Favreau is directing. Sorry about that :-). Although I wouldn’t mind seeing him as Tony Stark I just like the guy a lot, so I’m interested in anything he does.[/quote]

That makes more sense. I love the guy, but have you seen him lately? He looks like he’s been eating Dinner for Five all by himself.

If he was this beefy a few years ago, HE could’ve played the Kingpin.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Yea seriously, next to maybe Willem Dafoe, I think he was the best comic book badguy I’ve seen. [/quote]

I was so glad when they announced him for the GG. With his googley eyes, he was going to be perfect…and then they came up with that stupid outfit/suit. He should have been called the Iron Goblin.

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
CC wrote:
Actually I should have been more clear, Favreau is directing. Sorry about that :-). Although I wouldn’t mind seeing him as Tony Stark I just like the guy a lot, so I’m interested in anything he does.

That makes more sense. I love the guy, but have you seen him lately? He looks like he’s been eating Dinner for Five all by himself.

If he was this beefy a few years ago, HE could’ve played the Kingpin.[/quote]

Yeah, he’s been like that for awhile. I remember seeing him in some promo pics back when Elf was coming out (which he also directed) and he was hyoooooge (even bigger than he is now). It’s so crazy to look at him and Vince both now and then go back and watch Swingers again. They both look like totally different people.

The only guy I can think of is the guy they’ve been drawing him as since Marvels…Timothy Dalton.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
The only guy I can think of is the guy they’ve been drawing him as since Marvels…Timothy Dalton.[/quote]

Someone suggested Matt Dillon on another thread. I think he could pull it off.

[quote]The_Rabbi wrote:

I have refused to watch Daredevil with Ben ‘Metrosexual’ Affleck ever since its release. I almost wept when I found out he was playing the part. What the fuck were they thinking???

[quote]Professor X wrote:

You act like Kingpin was just changed for the hell of it. Who the hell else in Hollywood could actually weigh a REAL 350lbs AND look muscular while being able to act? Kingpin’s character was probably the best in that whole movie.[/quote]

I’m not saying he did a bad job, I think Michael Clarke Duncan is a hell of an actor.

He likely was the best man for the job, but what I’m saying is that since they cast him, they aren’t looking to keep the films in strict accordance with the way the characters are in the comics(and this is obvious in all of the Marvel movies in many other ways.) What, you think I gotta bug up my ass or something because they made the Kingpin black and not white?

You’re missing the main point: Me = Deathlok. It’s gotta happen.

Sin City is the best comic book movie since the first two Supermen and maybe Batman Begins.

[quote]The_Rabbi wrote:

Yeah, I didn’t care for DD but I think that Bullseye was badass, they just had him do stupid things like kill and old lady with a peanut. Awful

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
I think that Ryan Reynolds should play tony stark…

i cant think of anyone else who can come across as an arrogant /asshole/ ladies man yet still be a genius inventer…AND still be cool enough to wear the armor.

especially if you look at the comics as of lately… he looks similar to the guy they’re drawing stark as.

[/quote]

If Ryan Reynolds is cast as Tony Stark…me and you are gonna rumble.

if they make a war machine movie, I think professor X should play Rhodes aka War Machine

He’s got my vote

Interview with Jon Favreau re: Iron Man - Exclusive: Jon Favreau on Iron Man - SuperHeroHype

Larger pic of the Iron Man poster: http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Iron_Man/The_Movie/Posters&image=ironmanteaser.jpg&img=&tt=

This is old news (in terms of the internet), about 12 hours.

There are sort of confirmed rumors that Terrance Howard has been offered the role of Rhodes (War Machine).

the are suppose to be making a new incredible hulk movie too

I want Terrence Howard for Tony Stark himself. I don’t care if he’s black, he can act. He also doesn’t look like a goon with a mustache, and has a good build.

If they cast him as WarMachine, they will have a hard time finding a white guy to play Iron Man.

The sidekick can’t be a better than the lead.