T Nation

Iron Man Movie

Boom.

Was going to post this in the Comics to Movies thread, but I figured news this great needed its own. I know, I know…it was announced a while ago, but I hadn’t seen or heard anything official about it. So here it is :-).

I thought it was interesting that Jon Favreau is doing this movie. I’m a big Favreau fan; hope he does well with it. Also, the villain will be Mandarin, for those who hadn’t heard.

I smell a crossover. Spiderman III cameo?

[quote]CC wrote:
Boom.

Was going to post this in the Comics to Movies thread, but I figured news this great needed its own. I know, I know…it was announced a while ago, but I hadn’t seen or heard anything official about it. So here it is :-).

I thought it was interesting that Jon Favreau is doing this movie. I’m a big Favreau fan; hope he does well with it.[/quote]

Me, too. I think he’s one of the most underrated actors of the last decade. Glad he’s finally getting his “A” list shot. Of course, having already played a character in a Marvel movie, wouldn’t that… Nah, fuck it.

…And I wrote in the comics to movies thread on 07/11 (regarding DtotheG’s suggestion of “Iron Man” by Black Sabbath be used in the movie soundtrack):

[i]That would be bad-ass if it was saved for just the right moment. Say, for instance, he got his ass handed to him in round 1 with the Mandarin, he goes back to Stark International, supes up the armor over a period of weeks, and steps out of some dry-ice smoke filled chamber with the newer, more kick ass duds on to go make lo mein out of said villain.

And they should keep it the un-fooled-around-with original version, not a shitty remake by Evanescence or some other “feel my tortured soul cry out” band.

Of course, now that I think about it, you could probably only use the guitar solo, seeing as how the lyrics are about Iron Man slaughtering people; not a really good soundtrack for a hero.[/i]

Yeah, I called it. And yes, I want a cookie.

Awesome! I wonder if Tony Stark will be an alcoholic or if they’ll save that for the sequel?

I wonder if Stark will be hispanic on screen like he’s supposed to be in the comics.

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
Me, too. I think he’s one of the most underrated actors of the last decade. Glad he’s finally getting his “A” list shot. Of course, having already played a character in a Marvel movie, wouldn’t that… Nah, fuck it.[/quote]

Actually I should have been more clear, Favreau is directing. Sorry about that :-). Although I wouldn’t mind seeing him as Tony Stark I just like the guy a lot, so I’m interested in anything he does.

Has anyone else noticed that in the comics lately Tony Stark bares a striking resemblance to John Berardi?

Obviously, Ghostface Killah should play Iron Man.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
I wonder if Stark will be hispanic on screen like he’s supposed to be in the comics.[/quote]

He’s not Hispanic.

He might be, at most, half-Hispanic since his mother’s name was Maria, but her maiden name has never been revealed.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
I wonder if Stark will be hispanic on screen like he’s supposed to be in the comics.[/quote]

Keyword: LOOK.

Imagine the stereotypes:
“EY JUANGO! LET’S MAKE A ROBOT OUTTA THIS SHIT AND FIGHT CRIME, MANG!”

I was just wondering the other day how many other movies Marvel was going to do considering the success of some the recent comic book based movies. Iron Man popped into my head for some reason, even though he was never an interesting character to me. I guess this answers my question. I am stoked about the Ghost Rider movie, though.

[quote]DtotheG wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
I wonder if Stark will be hispanic on screen like he’s supposed to be in the comics.

Keyword: LOOK.

Imagine the stereotypes:
“EY JUANGO! LET’S MAKE A ROBOT OUTTA THIS SHIT AND FIGHT CRIME, MANG!”[/quote]

LOL! That’s funny as fuck! I can picture “Lowrider” playing as he takes the armor out for it’s first test run, flying (SLOOOOWLY) through East L.A. and waving at mamacitas.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

He’s not Hispanic.

He might be, at most, half-Hispanic since his mother’s name was Maria, but her maiden name has never been revealed.[/quote]

Good looking out on the history. Although with that Don Juan/Zorro mustache and jet black mop of his, I can see how the uninitiated would think he’s Hispanic.

[quote]CC wrote:
Digital Chainsaw wrote:
Me, too. I think he’s one of the most underrated actors of the last decade. Glad he’s finally getting his “A” list shot. Of course, having already played a character in a Marvel movie, wouldn’t that… Nah, fuck it.

Actually I should have been more clear, Favreau is directing. Sorry about that :-). Although I wouldn’t mind seeing him as Tony Stark I just like the guy a lot, so I’m interested in anything he does.

[/quote]

Argh! You’re killing me! Ah well, the guy’s one of the most down-to-earth Hollywood guys that I know of, so I think his judgement can be trusted here.

I think that Ryan Reynolds should play tony stark…

i cant think of anyone else who can come across as an arrogant /asshole/ ladies man yet still be a genius inventer…AND still be cool enough to wear the armor.

especially if you look at the comics as of lately… he looks similar to the guy they’re drawing stark as.

Looks like Tony’s been slumming…

http://www.starkelectronic.com/

HELL YEAH!!! I LOVE IRON MAN!

[quote]jojotheloner wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that in the comics lately Tony Stark bares a striking resemblance to John Berardi?[/quote]

holy shit ur right

Iron Man has got to be one of the coolest characters in the Marvel universe.

Even the old black-and-white TV show was cool.

Looks like the studios are going all out with the comics. All we need now is a proper full crossover action extravaganza.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Yeah, “Stark” really sounds like the surname of a vato from Nogales.

Maria’s not exactly a strictly Hispanic first name, either.