Iron Man...Let's Get Started!

Damn, I feel like i havent even heard Haidar’s name mentioned in forever, so i love that he Gerdy thought he was top 5.

Havent caught a chance to look at it yet, I wonder if his arms are on par with his torso yet, he always reminded me of Franco in that regard.

–JB

Also, hands down Dugdale is my favorite current bodybuilder.

I really like everything about the guy that i know of, his training style, his attitude, the way he lives his life, oh, and his physique is fucking awesome as well.

He, along with Jay, Lee Priest and Phil Heath are guys who I liked even more when I found out more about them and heard them speak.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
He, along with Jay, Lee Priest and Phil Heath are guys who I liked even more when I found out more about them and heard them speak.[/quote]

Damn, I think that’s the first time I have heard somebody on this site admit to being a Jay fan.

Johnnie is so huge you can not count him out. Interesting to see how the judges go this competition

[quote]Qaash wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
Are there pictures available online yet?

Photos from prejudging

musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.
php?mode=contest&eventcode=1304[/quote]

Thank You.

http://webcast.bodybuilding.com/fitshow/2009im/webcast/big/2009im.html

Mo Bannout got shafted at 7, I think he deserved that 5 spot for the Olympia bid.

5th Haidar
4th Hide
3rd Rockel
2nd Elmoussawi
1st Silvio

BB.com commentators agreed on the Rockel-Elmo placings being flipflopped, but everyone seemed to think Silvio was an absolute lock 1st place, including Jay and Dex in an interview backstage.

Silvio just doesn’t do it for me. Not sure what it is though.

Is he still training under Charles ?

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
He, along with Jay, Lee Priest and Phil Heath are guys who I liked even more when I found out more about them and heard them speak.

Damn, I think that’s the first time I have heard somebody on this site admit to being a Jay fan.[/quote]

A couple years ago, when you bought a supplement from a certain company you got a DVD with a round table discussion and training sessions from a few of their sponsored athletes.

I believe it was Jay,Dexter,King,Branch, and Chris Cormier.

Jay just made the best impression on me, and I respect the hell out of what the guy has done as a business man. He was smart enough to know that he can’t be a bodybuilder for ever, he’s made quite a bit of money is real estate in the Las Vegas area i believe.

I also respect it when a guy knows how to plan his next step like that, too many current bodybuilders seem to fail to do that.

Yeah, Jay’s always struck me as a bright guy. Always had the most endorsement contracts, and always seemed to understand that his BBing career won’t last forever (and as such made the most $ he could from his noteriety).

Dugdale always appealed to me in the same vein as Yates did back in the day. You canjust tell how much he wants it, how he just puts everything he’s got into his training, always inspiring.

Rockel just always seemed overlooked to me. Not to say that he’s the best physique up there or anything, but he just always looked so solid, rugged,… a powerful looking build.

S

[quote]red04 wrote:
Mo Bannout got shafted at 7, I think he deserved that 5 spot for the Olympia bid.

5th Haidar
4th Hide
3rd Rockel
2nd Elmoussawi
1st Silvio

BB.com commentators agreed on the Rockel-Elmo placings being flipflopped, but everyone seemed to think Silvio was an absolute lock 1st place, including Jay and Dex in an interview backstage.[/quote]

I like how peeled Bannout was, but I think he needs a bit more mass in certain areas to be top 5. His most muscular was arguably one of the best in the show tho…but when he hit the side and back shots you can see that he was lagging size compared to the rest.

Top 5 looked darn good tho…can’t take anything away from any of them. I was just more impressed with Ronnie Rockel than anybody.

DG

Can you guys explain to me how Eddie Abbew placed so high? I am only looking at pictures, so his sheer size could have dwarfed a lot of other competitors but he seems small for his height and his lats are almost non-existent.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
crod266 wrote:
fuck i wish i could watch this on my 50 inch tv but no i have to watch it on the comp, the public sucks for not putting this on espn o something

for sure…

I think bodybuilding.com needs to learn how to give you the option of enlarging their screen.

Not only watch it on the comp, but on that tiny ass screen the size of this box on the comp

:S

something is better than nothing tho! I wish they covered more than the iron man, arnold, and olympia…I wish they would do this with all the shows. :S

DG[/quote]

While it’s been a while since I watched the live feed I do know I have watched shows on full screen on BB.com before and I just watched the replay of the Iron Man last night on full screen.

[quote]Bodyguard wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
crod266 wrote:
fuck i wish i could watch this on my 50 inch tv but no i have to watch it on the comp, the public sucks for not putting this on espn o something

for sure…

I think bodybuilding.com needs to learn how to give you the option of enlarging their screen.

Not only watch it on the comp, but on that tiny ass screen the size of this box on the comp

:S

something is better than nothing tho! I wish they covered more than the iron man, arnold, and olympia…I wish they would do this with all the shows. :S

DG

While it’s been a while since I watched the live feed I do know I have watched shows on full screen on BB.com before and I just watched the replay of the Iron Man last night on full screen.
[/quote]

how did you do it, and was the quality all messed up?

DG

I watched it full screen by using the HQ stream and double clicking the window. Only worked for the HQ stream though.