Iron Man 2

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I was not impressed with this movie at all. Way too much cheesy fluff bullshit.

Rourke was great though. And stark was funny most of the time.

SPOLIER

The scene with stark wearing the suit at his party acting drunk. GTFO. The movie was watered down with corny shit. Not worth the $20 for the imax ticket. Not even close. Should have waited to buy it on bootleg. [/quote]

I can see how it could be seen as corny but it shows the characters further decline in alcoholism. Not sure if they’ll take it any further in future movies but they are at least paying dues to the comics which i like a lot. Starks sarcasm/dry wit and his interaction with people just mirrors the comics.

SPOILER

Did anyone think the virus infecting Stark was gone for good or just held in check? I can’t remember what was said. If not then it could develop into the extremis iron man which would be cool.

[quote]Ryu wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

SPOLIER

The scene with stark wearing the suit at his party acting drunk. GTFO. The movie was watered down with corny shit. Not worth the $20 for the imax ticket. Not even close. Should have waited to buy it on bootleg. [/quote]

I can see how it could be seen as corny but it shows the characters further decline in alcoholism. Not sure if they’ll take it any further in future movies but they are at least paying dues to the comics which i like a lot. Starks sarcasm/dry wit and his interaction with people just mirrors the comics.

SPOILER

Did anyone think the virus infecting Stark was gone for good or just held in check? I can’t remember what was said. If not then it could develop into the extremis iron man which would be cool.
[/quote]

Yea that is true. I’ll have to see it again. It didnt help that there was a row of 20 ten year olds sitting behind me. Kinda ruined it I guess. I guess I just expected the same level of bad ass-ness from the first one.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]nibbler wrote:
Dammit! i wish I had stuck around for the last scene. I’m sure I saw 3/4 of the credits but the kids were acting up so we left… now I have to go see it again.

By the way, I thought it was equally as good as the 1st Iron Man. Only one cheesy line bugged me (i got my eye on you). I love Tony Stark.[/quote]

SPOILER_

you don’t have to wait for the last scene; what a waste of time. The last scene entails the one agent dude that left on another mission and shows him in new mexico in a desert and on the phone with his boss and says ‘we found it’ and its Thors Hammer. Thats it. [/quote]

Thank you! I’ll wait to see it when I rent it then.

Spoiler

[quote]Ryu wrote:

SPOILER

[/quote]

Seems like it’s gone for good, as Black Widow mentioned his vitals were looking good with the new reactor. I’m pretty sure the new element will wind up being vibranium too, since he’s now a consultant for the Avengers and will probably be making Cap’s shield out of it.

Doug, at least you and I like this movie. At least we know quality.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Doug, at least you and I like this movie. At least we know quality.[/quote]

Ahem

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

SPOLIER

I agree.

I liken Iron Man to Transformers and Iron Man 2 to Transformers 2. Although I liked Transformers a little better than Iron Man and Iron Man 2 a little better than Transformers 2.

I felt that both sequels took the quirky humor and character styles that made the first so good and just beat you over the head with it. I don’t regret spending the money to see it in theaters, because it wasn’t horrendous, but it’s also not a movie I will rewatch a couple times like the first one.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:

I liken Iron Man to Transformers and Iron Man 2 to Transformers 2.
[/quote]

Are you serious?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Doug, at least you and I like this movie. At least we know quality.[/quote]

Ahem[/quote]

We three Wisemen appreciate this movie. I’m sure the haters will enjoy Sex and the City 2 when it comes out.

I thought it was a solid sequel. Theroux’s dialogue was pure quality (I could see that from the trailers). The jokes and references were so fast that they needed multiple viewings in order to get them all. It didn’t pander to the average theatergoer like most comic book adaptations - for instance, I had to explain the Captain America in-joke to the non-comicbooky friends I saw it with (due to a cock-up by the cashier, we almost ended up watching Dear John instead). The actual story fell slightly short of the first movie because it absolutely ‘had’ to introduce ‘X’ amount of characters in time for the Avengers movie (Rourke and Johanssen were underused, and given the story Justin Hammer should’ve been a contemporary of Howard Stark, not Tony). Although it managed multiple characters far better than any superhero movie I’ve seen to date.

Also, the credits referred to a “Ten Rings terrorist”, which means an appearance by The Mandarin is still on the cards…

[quote]roybot wrote:
I thought it was a solid sequel. Theroux’s dialogue was pure quality (I could see that from the trailers). The jokes and references were so fast that they needed multiple viewings in order to get them all. It didn’t pander to the average theatergoer like most comic book adaptations - for instance, I had to explain the Captain America in-joke to the non-comicbooky friends I saw it with (due to a cock-up by the cashier, we almost ended up watching Dear John instead). The actual story fell slightly short of the first movie because it absolutely ‘had’ to introduce ‘X’ amount of characters in time for the Avengers movie (Rourke and Johanssen were underused, and given the story Justin Hammer should’ve been a contemporary of Howard Stark, not Tony). Although it managed multiple characters far better than any superhero movie I’ve seen to date.

Also, the credits referred to a “Ten Rings terrorist”, which means an appearance by The Mandarin is still on the cards… [/quote]

That’s right Roy, fuck the haters. They can go watch Sex and the City or Superman Returns. Bunch of douches.

Saw it. Too much Hollywood polish on the sequel. I DID enjoy it, though.

I don’t understand. The first one was amazing. It’s like they couldn’t resist making the sequel corny like Wolverine.

Jon Favreau:

You have the option of NOT screwing up a movie. Stick to whatever formula brought you success for the first movie. Quit trying to imitate every other cheesy sequel.

I was entertained and I enjoyed at least a third of the dialogue, but the humor was too “Hollywood.”

I almost feel like the sequel should have taken a more dramatic (pun) turn, like Dark Knight, and been less comic book-ish, because I could see the tendency to go overboard with a lot of comic book elements in a sequel that would hurt the enjoyment of the movie. It just wasn’t memorable like the first one.

SPOILER

Like the end where the senator was putting a pin on Tony and the comment about annoying pricks. Har har.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
That’s right Roy, fuck the haters. They can go watch Sex and the City or Superman Returns. Bunch of douches.
[/quote]

Yes they can. And no, that doesn’t mean that we are now three wise men and a virgin.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

I almost feel like the sequel should have taken a more dramatic (pun) turn, like Dark Knight, and been less comic book-ish, because I could see the tendency to go overboard with a lot of comic book elements in a sequel that would hurt the enjoyment of the movie. It just wasn’t memorable like the first one.

[/quote]

Its a comic book movie. You don’t want to turn it into a complete drama. This isn’t Sense and Sensibility or one of those uppity Oscar nominated movies.

Batman has a darker subject matter than most superheroes. The fucker lost his parents at a young age and dedicates his entire life to chasing rapists, murderers, and psychos, while he himself is crazy.

Iron Man is a boy genius who loves life and makes the best out of every situation. He makes money, fucks bitches, and kicks Super Villain ass on the weekend.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
[/quote]

Yes they can. And no, that doesn’t mean that we are now three wise men and a virgin.[/quote]

LOL!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

Also, the credits referred to a “Ten Rings terrorist”, which means an appearance by The Mandarin is still on the cards… [/quote]

[/quote]

The sad part about that is, Sex & The City 2 probably has more action than this movie.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[/quote]

The sad part about that is, Sex & The City 2 probably has more action than this movie. [/quote]

I’m gonna take a mental note of this when we play Firefight or Call of Duty.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:

I liken Iron Man to Transformers and Iron Man 2 to Transformers 2.
[/quote]

Are you serious?[/quote]

Yeah. Loved the orginals, lukewarm on the sequels. Good effects, corny-but-still-amusing, jokes, moved along at a fast pace… I enjoyed myself at the theater, but I won’t be running out to buy the DVD.

I just thought it was a little too predictable, a little too goofy, etc. Just for whatever reason it didn’t have whatever made me love the first so much. Or maybe it had too much of it, I dunno. I love me some Sammy Jackson, but every scene he was in seemed forced and kind of annoying. ScarJo was good. I thought Cheadle was an upgrade, but his scenes always seemed to be cut short.

Different strokes for different folks, this one just wasn’t my cup of tea.

^ ^ transformers sucked dick across the board… pretty much everyone agrees on that

Thought it was better than the first one. Guess the first one was more into building his character but RDJ really shines in this one.

Scarlett is fucking hot, nuff said!

Yes, wait till end, it’s worth it.