Iron Man 2

#1 was way better than 2.

It was good, not great like the 1st. The wife thought #2 was better. I said #1 was a trend setter like T2 was, and she replied T2 was not a trendsetter. I rest my case.

Different, but equally as good as #1. To consider Iron Man 2 as similiar to The Dark Knight, both in storytelling and overall quality, would not be a stretch. See it with confidence.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Different, but equally as good as #1. To consider Iron Man 2 as similiar to The Dark Knight, both in storytelling and overall quality, would not be a stretch. See it with confidence. [/quote]

Dark Knight blew me away. Iron Man 2, did not.
Sorry, these two movies are in different leagues.

The first wasn’t super action packed either. Who else wants Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom in the 3rd one. That would make some action.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Different, but equally as good as #1. To consider Iron Man 2 as similiar to The Dark Knight, both in storytelling and overall quality, would not be a stretch. See it with confidence. [/quote]

Sorry, these two movies are in different leagues.[/quote]

In your opinion., which is questionable considering some of the movies you’ve claimed to like.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

In your opinion., which is questionable considering some of the movies you’ve claimed to like.[/quote]

Give me an example… oh, and I don’t care what anyone says, The Wizard was an awesome movie :smiley:

[quote]destroyedquads wrote:
Warmachine dies.[/quote]

I find it staggering how your mother could possibly love, let alone bear to raise, a worthless excuse of an existence such as yourself.

But then again, she probably didn’t, which explains this perfectly.

http://www.spill.com/Movie-Reviews/MovieReview.aspx?Name=Iron+Man+2&VideoId=451107

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

In your opinion., which is questionable considering some of the movies you’ve claimed to like.[/quote]
Iron Man 2 will not win an Oscar or make as much money or be studied in film school. TDK will

[quote]drewh wrote:

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

Iron Man 2 will not win an Oscar or make as much money or be studied in film school. TDK will[/quote]

Lets not sully this thread with any more superman talk please. I grew up with comics and Batman and Iron man are my favorites (i’ve tons of awesome nerd toys too) - they are similar characters - Iron man being Marvels answer to DCs’ Batman. Both movies i really liked but TDK is much superior, due to depth of the character.

Bring on Thor (bit disappointed its’ not the Ultimates hammer tho…)

Dammit! i wish I had stuck around for the last scene. I’m sure I saw 3/4 of the credits but the kids were acting up so we left… now I have to go see it again.

By the way, I thought it was equally as good as the 1st Iron Man. Only one cheesy line bugged me (i got my eye on you). I love Tony Stark.

A small gripe was the last fight (with Whiplash/Crimson Dynamo hybrid) being too short. i’m loving the comic movies at the minute.

I saw it today

I’m giving it 4/5. Strong movie, lots of fun, the last fight scene was badass.

Nobody’s giving Rockwells’ Hammer any love yet? That dude is awesome. I lol’d when he got on the goodfoot at the expo. Mickey was good too.

I’m looking for a cool War Machine A/F to put on my desk.

SPOILER

What did you guys think of DJ AM being in the film? It was a little weird, not as bad as Ledger in TDK though

Great movie…fuck da complaining. Although I’m not sold on Scarlett as Black Widow.

And I second giving Sam Rockwell/Justin Hammer some love.

I didn’t like how they tried to focus on a million different people… would have liked to know wtf was going on with whiplash here or there(he was the villain and we didn’t even see much of him)… black widow was forced and nick fury didn’t need to be in half the movie.

But I loved this movie regardless… I left the theater happy and would watch it again.

[quote]nibbler wrote:
Dammit! i wish I had stuck around for the last scene. I’m sure I saw 3/4 of the credits but the kids were acting up so we left… now I have to go see it again.

By the way, I thought it was equally as good as the 1st Iron Man. Only one cheesy line bugged me (i got my eye on you). I love Tony Stark.[/quote]

SPOILER_

you don’t have to wait for the last scene; what a waste of time. The last scene entails the one agent dude that left on another mission and shows him in new mexico in a desert and on the phone with his boss and says ‘we found it’ and its Thors Hammer. Thats it.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]nibbler wrote:

By the way, I thought it was equally as good as the 1st Iron Man. Only one cheesy line bugged me (i got my eye on you). I love Tony Stark.[/quote]

SPOILER_

you don’t have to wait for the last scene; what a waste of time. The last scene entails the one agent dude that left on another mission and shows him in new mexico in a desert and on the phone with his boss and says ‘we found it’ and its Thors Hammer. Thats it. [/quote]

We fan boys do get quite excited by that stuff lol.
And Justin Hammer as mentioned by previous posters is awesome - did you notice the fake tan over the palms of his hands - he really does think he can do everything better himself lol.

It was a good movie. It wasn’t great or mindblowing, but i was entertained. Action scenes were great.

SPOILER>>>

The scene when Whiplash/Rouke charged up his arc reactor whips and simultaneously burned his shirt off as F1 cars are zooming by him was one of the most bad ass things I’ve seen in a while.

I agree that he should of had more screen time…at least more in his armor…AND less of all the drones.

I was not impressed with this movie at all. Way too much cheesy fluff bullshit.

Rourke was great though. And stark was funny most of the time.

SPOLIER

The scene with stark wearing the suit at his party acting drunk. GTFO. The movie was watered down with corny shit. Not worth the $20 for the imax ticket. Not even close. Should have waited to buy it on bootleg.